“Slough need to improve” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Manchester
“Slough need to improve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I will not be staying at this hotel again. Very unhappy it took me 10 minutes to get my car parked when I arrived and the site resembled a building site with rubbish littered around. Room was as I would expect satisfactory although there was no toilet roll bar on the holder. My main reason for complaint is that I went to the restaurant for my evening meal. I ordered Lasagne and after waiting for over 35 minutes I still had not received my meal. ( I did watched the gentleman opposite me order after me and receive and finish his starter and main courses) I asked the waitress about my meal she then went away to find out what had happened she continued to serve other people before coming to me and saying that she was sorry but my meal was being prepared. 5 minutes later my meal arrived this Lasagne had a smattering of mince meat covered with a single pasta sheet and covered with cream sauce accompanied by about 10 chips. It was pathetic and not what I have received at other restaurants at your hotels. This was not worth the money paid. Then after my meal I went to the toilet next to reception this toilet resembled a swimming pool with one of the urinals leaking and the floor was deep in water and stank. In the morning I came down for breakfast to be advised that the costa coffee machine is not working. All in all a very disappointing experience and one I will not be repeating

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geoffh1969
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Stockport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

My friend and I travel a lot on business and have a list of good/bad hotels. Unfortunately this one has been black listed. We stayed a total of 3 nights and it went from good to bad to worse over the three nights.
The first night the restaurant was empty, there were two members of staff and one was really friendly, informative and we had high praises for her. The food was average.

The second night in the restaurant the service was terrible. We had to give our room number twice, deal with 3 different members of staff and watch them annoy other patrons with the same questions and wrong orders due to a lack of communication. We had to wait over 40 minutes for our food and almost didn't get our extras. On both nights we had problems paying with the card machine.

We are now currently on our third night and have decided to skip the restaurant. At around 9pm after winding down from a hectic day the fire alarm decided to go off approx 10 times. The parking is awful and there are works being done meaning the car park is being ripped apart, we have had to park in disabled spots as we had no other option available.

On a single positive note, we have to commend the Premier Inn staff on their friendliness, helpfulness and overall pleasant manner in which they present themselves with.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Reno NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent Christmas 2013 at this location, we had previously stayed at the Bath Road property, but they charge for parking and for 2 weeks that would have added another $250 to the bill.
The Slough property is showing signs of wear in the rooms but is undergoing some remodeling, so it looks like they are addressing the issues. The beds are very comfortable, and they are so confident of a good night's sleep, they guarantee it. I did not hold them responsible for my jet lag though.
We had a family room, which was two cots in a king room. Initially the room was a tight squeeze, so we asked if there were any larger rooms, they have a couple of rooms that are about 4' longer than the rest, but it made a huge difference to this claustrophobic traveler, and we were happy to relocate 4 doors down the hall for a more comfortable 2 weeks.
The on-site bar is usually available to guests at any time, the breakfast is great value if you have kids, as they eat for free, and we were happy with the food offered at the restaurant one evening when we stayed in.
The hotel is next door to a large Sainsbury's, just down the road from a 24 hour Tesco with gas station, and a huge outdoor mall which made last minute Christmas shopping very convenient.
To the highlight of the property. The staff at this property show exemplary Customer Service skills, they appear to really enjoy working here and their enthusiasm is refreshing in an industry that is opting for the cheaper imported workers at the cost of local knowledge and friendly conversation.
I would have gladly offered a job to any of the staff I encountered here. Instead we left glowing reports on the Premier web site for them all.

Room Tip: If you have a family room for 4, ask for the larger rooms. They are the ones behind the lighter colo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments.

We are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

lisboa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was our headquarter for 10 days around england!
Highlights: The food - wonderful mushrooms, fruit, drinks, croissants to die for! Good dinner, good staff. quick food. Great children menu for fantastic 4,99 pounds only!
The best beds ever.
- Good to visit (by car) stonhendge, windsor (a few miles away), Fleet Royal Air arm museum, London, Bishops, oxford, cambridge and obviously, Legoland.
Sainsbury`s next to the hotel building is a most!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 1st floor. It seems to me the best place to stay in.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LisboaMonica
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic review that you had posted.

We enjoyed being your 'head quarters' and hope that you will once again visit us after our extension and refurbishment works are complete.

We love the photo's that you have taken and thank you for sharing them with our Trip Advisor friends and we are so glad that you chose us to play a part in your ten days tour around England.

Wishing you and your family all the best for 2014!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent Premier policies still but the food really was not too good. A long wait to be seated and a long time being served. Drinks took about 30 minutes. Order was wrong for evening meal. Breakfast was awful....... Wrong order, looked like the food had been standing for a while, the breakfast was not buffet but we were told it was. Sausage could not be cut. Disappointed with the food but the staff in the hotel and the hotel was good. Work being carried out led to parking problems and heating not too good but we understand that this is a one off anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review.

I am extremely sorry about the food that you had during your stay with us. This is not to our normal high standards and I have passed your comments onto the kitchen to action so that this does not happen again.

I do hope that you will give us another try in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked our Christmas stay at the Premier Inn Slough for 3 nights, and must say from the minute we arrived to the moment we left the welcome from the reception desk was excellent and throughout our stay. None of them could have been more helpful very smiley, and if they could all help they would. We could not fault it clean rooms nice food and good service in the restaurant. To say they were low on the ground for staff due to it being Christmas day etc they all did very well, also they had given up their family time to work and did not change their attitude at all.
Well done Slough we will be back in the late spring look forward to seeing you then. We booked Slough as it's such a good base for Windsor etc so convenient.

Room Tip: The top floor is quite as of course you have no one above you. We had no problems with noise, ah onl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your amazing comments.

We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the late spring when our new extension works will be complete!

We hope you had an amazing Christmas and an equally good New Year!

Kind Regards,
Operations Manger
Wales UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Travelled with my husband and two young children. Staff were so friendly and welcoming.
We booked a meal deal at the hotel for our first night and I must say it was very disappointing the service was slow and the food was nothing special.
The room had seen better days, the bathroom door had a smash in it which was poorly repaired.
The room was clean, I always check the bedding and bathroom and that was spotless.
A very busy hotel with work being carried out but this did not bother us apart from the car parking facilities being reduced.
I would stay again just because the front line staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the car park
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind, warming comments.

Here at Premier Inn, we do invest a lot of time in ensuring that our team are really guest engaged and I am so glad that this really showed through to you and your family.

I will take your comments about the restaurant on board. We are currently going through recruitment days to attract further team members in our Food and Beverage department to ensure that the great service, we are all so well know for, carries through into all departments.

Hopefully, we have the chance to welcome you back to Premier Inn Slough in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Operations Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Slough Hotel? Share your experiences!