“Lovely staff, clean accommodation, disappointing restaurant”

Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Legoland Windsor and Windsor Castle. There were 6 of us in all, myself and my two sons and my friend and her son and daughter. The hotel is in a central location and is brilliant for visiting Legoland and also within walking distance of Slough town centre (we walked in to town at night and had a meal out on our first night there). It's also CHEAP. It cost less to stay here for two nights for all of us with breakfast, than to visit Legoland for one day. It really is excellent value. The accommodation is clean and all our beds for myself and my two sons were made up for us. Staff were welcoming and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for accommodation.

However, on the second night we decided to visit "Thyme", the in-house restaurant for our evening meal. What a disappointment! Staff were still friendly, but the food was AWFUL. We waited ages for our meals and when they did come they were cold. My friend complained and we were given a refund for the meals which were worst. It was a shame because the menu looked so appetising, but it really just didn't deliver on quality. My friend had initially tried to order the curry and was told that she would "have to have it with chips as they had no rice." Now bearing in mind that the place is next door to a massive Sainsburys, how did they manage to run out of rice? It was the length of time the kids had to wait for the meals that really rubbed me up the wrong way. The poor kids were shattered after spending the day at Legoland and by the time my son's meal came, he was just too tired to eat it. "Thyme" indeed - think they may have spelt that wrong!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Val D

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked this Premier Inn as it it close to Legoland. I had already read very good reviews and was extremely happy to find that it was just as good as I had read when I arrived. The staff are so friendly and helpful and made our stay perfect. We had a family room with a cot but my toddler took one look at the huge bed and insisted on sleeping with us. My older two children (aged 6 and 5) were perfectly happy with their single beds. The beds were comfortable and spare pillows were provided.

There was plenty of parking space and the Sainsbury's store that was right next door came in very handy to pick up a few things to take to Legoland.

The breakfast was good value for money, especially as the children ate for free.

I would happily recommend the Premier Inn to anyone with a family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Perfect location for nearby family attractions, Legoland and Harry Potter studios easily accessible by car and the secure hotel carpark is on site unlike many hotels in the area I looked at. Really pleasant staff, always a smile and a greeting when you pass someone and they're fantastic with children, supplying crayons as soon as seated for dinner. Our room was clean and very warm, we had to turn down the heating, kids beds all set up for us which was great. The restaurant was brilliant, very pleased with our meals both at dinner and the very good breakfast. A really good example of a well run Premier Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SamiR38
Reviewed April 1, 2013

we stopped at the premier inn near Windsor,can highly recommend it .the staff were helpful and very friendly ,the room were super as well.
Daniel was very helpful ,and nothing was to much trouble.
my first ever review so it must have impressed me as i am a grumpy old man

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Premier Inns are not something you really go crazy over but when you find one that works then its always a pleasure. I've used the hotel many times and the staff are always friendly, the service great and i've never had issues with the food either. Its always a smooth transaction and they are very accommodating. Its a good team that other premier inns should take lessons from

Room Tip: Arrive early and try and get a room away from the busy reception area
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Found it hard to find the entrance driveway - at a busy corner. Staff very friendly. Food value for money. Slough has a rail link to London but station is more than a kilometre away from Hotel. Would advise getting a taxi for £5 or £6. WE are elderly and should have asked for a room closer to facilities. OK for 1 night

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found this hotel very good. I would reccomend it. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, the bathroom came with many towels, the service was excellent, but in our room, there was a leaky radiator. But that didn't spoil it because we had lots of fun because it was my birthday. On my rating is : 1 is Outstanding
2 is Good