“Quirky”
Review of Upton Park Hotel

Upton Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed September 1, 2013

An interesting hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful (we had booked a family room, but they gave us a double and single for no extra charge); the decor in the hall stairs and landing area was extremely dated (it would probably be wise to consider re papering rather than just adding another coat of paint & the carpet reminded me of my grandparents!) but clean.

The bedrooms were clean and well presented, although the decor could only be described as eclectic.

the dining room is very tasteful, and breakfast was spot on.

Having read some of the reviews I was a little worried prior to arrival, but there were no horrors (or extra bed fellows as reported by other visitors). All in all I thought it was good value and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The address for Park View Lodge Slough is one door from the address for Upton Park Hotel but was a domestic house.
The receptionist at Upton Park would not check our names to see if we were registered or even let us in or check we were OK "We are full you are not booked here|".
We had left credit card details to hold booking and subject to cancellation full payment. Having searched and asked many people who knew Slough very well finding no phone numbers for Park View and having such a horrible response at Upton Park the kind cabby for free found us a room at Slough Travelodge. Has anyone else experienced this too???? Be careful.

Room Tip: Call hotel check reviews make sure it exists
Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank businessstaysnhs
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I booked this last minute as somewhere to stay when visiting Wembley. I was a bit worried about some of the reviews but I needn't have! We arrived late at night however this wasn't a problem for the staff. The restaurant was closed but it was 10.30pm on a Wednesday night so we expected as much and stopped late on in our journey.

The area was lovely and the hotel is located right on the edge of Upton Park which is beautiful. There was no noise and it was very peaceful.

We were shown to our room which was fantastic! Very clean and modern and a lot better than most hotel rooms I have stayed in. The bed was very comfy and we all had a great nights sleep.

In the morning we were greeted with a lovely full english breakfast in the lovely dining area. There was no grease in sight. There was also tea, coffee, fresh orange and 2 types of cereal to choose from.

I would definitely stay here again. It was fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I pulled up to the carpark where there was a van with smashed windows (not a good start!), I was then greeted by a man who called across the carpark "oi over here" to a back door. The room I was shown was dirty and when I pulled back the sheets they were dirty and had hairs in the bed. The duvet and pillows had dirty marks and patches on them. When I enquired about a restaurant or somewhere to eat I was told to go to the High street. The lock on the door was not secure and there seemed to be a lot of men just hanging around reception. This is not a hotel to stay in for anybody especially not females travelling alone. I stayed for no more than an hour before I found somewhere else to stay. DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURES ON THEIR WEBSITE as they are nothing like the real thing!

Room Tip: My Tip would be - Don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Rebecca N
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After booking this hotel online we expected to be able to dine in their restaurant when we arrived for our stay (one of the reasons we booked there so that we didn't have to leave the hotel) but it was not open for dinner so we had to go in search of a place to eat.
The room we stayed in was decorated in a nice way but unfortunately I we have both come away from the stay covered in bed bug bites!!!
I have over 50 bites, have been prescribed anti-biotics & had to call in ill at work as I have had an allergic reaction. I have never experienced this in my life before and am extremely disappointed that this has happened.
I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Bed bugs!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rhapsody1492
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Found this hotel on the Travel Republic website, it was all done last minute for myself and my husband stayed in a twin room which had a double bed and a single and it was lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast was great and the decor in our room was bright and cheery. Free internet, which was a bonus. Yes the carpetted stairs up to our room and decor was in need of an upgrade, but I cant understand what people expect for £65 per night!!!! There was a lovely park opposite and a short walk and you were right in the centre of town, brilliant.

Room Tip: We had the top room but sorry cant remember the number.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Chose this hotel to stay in as me and my partner try to avoid boring chain hotels, what we had was definitely different. The hotel staff were very friendly and showed us straight to our room which was well decorated and modern (stark contrast to the hallway - bit grubby - lick of paint people!) our room had everything we needed and was lovely except for the dodgy lock on the door. The best thing about this hotel is its location, the park opposite is stunning and we had a nice walk into slough town centre. Windsor itself was only a ten minute drive away so it is ideal for those visiting legoland. This hotel is good for couples looking for a quirky little hotel to stay in, I wouldn't recommend it for families or fussy people!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauz01_2k3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Baylis House
Baylis House
#16 of 21 in Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Upton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!