“Ok hotel but depressing room”
Review of Upton Park Hotel

Upton Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of those independent hotels that has skimped on room standards to the detriment of the experience of the overall stay. Free car park and wifi is a bonus, but if your room is a mishmash of colours, mdf boarded frames, a bed squeezed under an alcove and a shower head that kept falling off, it's never going to satisfy. Won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place is a real gem of a find.
Tucked away in a quiet location overlooking the park.
On arrival found that there is a decent carpark and freindly helpful reception staff.

I was shown to my room which was extreamely roomey and tastefully decorated .
Will be staying again .

Room Tip: A bit tucked away but well worth finding.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Upton park is in a great location up a quiet private road opposite a pleasant park, the garden was well planted and there is large well-lit carpark to the rear. The hotel is very close to the M4 motorway but I wasn't aware of the road noise in my room. The staff were helpful and friendly and I had a delicious meal in the restaurant where they also serve an ok breakfast.
The room however was pretty grim, not very clean, only one of the four lights actually worked, there was a very noticable chunk of ceiling coving missing, and a wardrobe/chest of drawers, missing a drawer, was plonked unceremoniously halfway into an already small room.
The standard of the room really let down an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FrankMango
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We travelled back from London towards Bristol during the snowfall in January 2013. We didn't get to the hotel until nearly 1am but the staff were still at reception and were very accommodating.
We used the hotel as a stopover as we wanted to travel onwards.

Breakfast was very nice and cosy, but unfortunately they didn't have sausages because of poor weather conditions - we got extra bacon so it wasn't a problem.

The poor weather conditions didn't even affect the private road access, which was not a problem when getting to the parking.

The beds are comfy and the building quiet. We did hear dripping of the melting snow on the window ledge outside, but we cannot complain about the weather conditions when reviewing a hotel.

Great value for a nights stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karl T
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was expecting a bad stay, but that couldn't be further from what I got! I think my room may have had a VERY recent refurb, as everything is brand new. The decor is gorgeous and everything is spotlessly clean. The bathroom is sparkling! Reception have been more than helpful, giving me an extra WI-fi code and helping me with a courier collection I needed. I ordered food to my room from the Indian restaurant downstairs, this was delivered promptly and was really nice.

I literally couldn't say a bad thing - at a push, there was no hairdryer? The only thing I could moan about, but I don't want to!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My experience here was good. Stayed one night with my two kids (in the/a family room) so we could visit London on our way back to the USA.
Room was clean and comfortable for the three of us. Hotel is tucked away in a backstreet next to a park. Made it somewhat difficult to find but also quiet.
About a 15 min walk to Slough station which we used to get into Londao for the day. Also convenient to Windsor Castle.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Found tis hotel hidden away on a private road in Slough. Hotel looks decent from outside but inside it's nothing special.

Were shown to room where a window had been left wide open hence was FREEZING! Couldn't call reception as phone was busted. Went down to complain that the radiator wasn't working and were told that someone would be up to check. No one came. Went back to ask for a room change and were told they were 'fully booked' despite the car park being completely empty!! Eventually they sent a electric heater up, which whilst wasn't fantastic, was sufficient.

This hotel had been booked through late rooms and it seems that they must save their worst rooms for the 'cheaper' bookings... but to be honest it was waaaay overpriced even for that.

Don't waste your money here... you'll find better service and quality of rooms in a guesthouse!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple