“Excellent and accommodating”
Review of Upton Park Hotel

Upton Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We travelled back from London towards Bristol during the snowfall in January 2013. We didn't get to the hotel until nearly 1am but the staff were still at reception and were very accommodating.
We used the hotel as a stopover as we wanted to travel onwards.

Breakfast was very nice and cosy, but unfortunately they didn't have sausages because of poor weather conditions - we got extra bacon so it wasn't a problem.

The poor weather conditions didn't even affect the private road access, which was not a problem when getting to the parking.

The beds are comfy and the building quiet. We did hear dripping of the melting snow on the window ledge outside, but we cannot complain about the weather conditions when reviewing a hotel.

Great value for a nights stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karl T

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was expecting a bad stay, but that couldn't be further from what I got! I think my room may have had a VERY recent refurb, as everything is brand new. The decor is gorgeous and everything is spotlessly clean. The bathroom is sparkling! Reception have been more than helpful, giving me an extra WI-fi code and helping me with a courier collection I needed. I ordered food to my room from the Indian restaurant downstairs, this was delivered promptly and was really nice.

I literally couldn't say a bad thing - at a push, there was no hairdryer? The only thing I could moan about, but I don't want to!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My experience here was good. Stayed one night with my two kids (in the/a family room) so we could visit London on our way back to the USA.
Room was clean and comfortable for the three of us. Hotel is tucked away in a backstreet next to a park. Made it somewhat difficult to find but also quiet.
About a 15 min walk to Slough station which we used to get into Londao for the day. Also convenient to Windsor Castle.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Found tis hotel hidden away on a private road in Slough. Hotel looks decent from outside but inside it's nothing special.

Were shown to room where a window had been left wide open hence was FREEZING! Couldn't call reception as phone was busted. Went down to complain that the radiator wasn't working and were told that someone would be up to check. No one came. Went back to ask for a room change and were told they were 'fully booked' despite the car park being completely empty!! Eventually they sent a electric heater up, which whilst wasn't fantastic, was sufficient.

This hotel had been booked through late rooms and it seems that they must save their worst rooms for the 'cheaper' bookings... but to be honest it was waaaay overpriced even for that.

Don't waste your money here... you'll find better service and quality of rooms in a guesthouse!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PPatel610
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great value for money. Massive bedrooms with flat screen tv and sky-sports, nice restaurant and good service. I stay here every time I'm in the area as its handy for not only slough but Windsor as well

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have read some of the reviews on here and struggle to recognise if we have stayed at the same hotel as my experience has been totally different. I must say that if you want a Ritz Hotel type experience then pay the Ritz prices.

The Upton Park is a hotel set in very nice surroundings, the front of the hotel overlooks a very nice park. It is situated very close to all required ammenities.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable with en suite and tea and coffee making facilities in each room. The pricing for the rooms is very reasonable.
The staff are very polite, friendly and extremley accomodating even when plans have been changed at the last possible moment. I like this hotel to the extent is has become my second home spending 2-3 nights a week there

If you like Indian food, The Temple Monkey Restuarant is not to be missed as the food is "out of this world"

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bensargeant
Reviewed September 16, 2012

read other reviews and was a little worried but i had a great experience, stayed overnight saturday,staff were friendly room was large, and decor was nice, clean and tidy, returned back to hotel quite late and had to buzz reception to be let in but did not have to wait long,beds very comfy i had a great nights sleep, breakfast was served in the restaurant and was nice only thing i could fault was the fact that the breakfast was a little on the small side at £45 pound a night with breakfast included it is definatly a bargain i will definitly stay again very pleased overall

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple