“Delightful”

Mr Todiwalas Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Todiwalas Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 189 Restaurants in Slough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rosette attained for year 2014
“Delightful”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

There were 12 of us who had booked for the set menu (£45 pp). With drinks it came in at £60 per person. The meal was more than filling and was lovely! The staff were helpful and when we had pre booked and asked if they could change the dessert from Bombay custard to something else they gave an excellent substitute of saffron creme brûlée with pistachio and rose ice cream. Beautiful!!!

England
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was looking forward to this restaurant, however was disappointed. We went for he tasting menu which is 75 pounds per head. We stopped after they had bought out 5 different dishes which all tasted more or less the same. It can only be described as a takeaway special.

Having talked to the waiter it seems that this is quite common for people not to continue with the taster menu. I would recommend that people stick with ordering just a meal from the menu.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank International-Deal
Nigeria
“Good food though costly to me”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The two waiters that attended to uswere very helpful in offering suggestions on what dishes to order. As I was there with a colleague from India , I can say their suggestions were quite good.

Visited October 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

You really must try this palce if you are around the Heatrow area.

The food and service are outstanding.

This is not your usual Indian but ready and experince this great food.

A big thanks to Chris and Mark who took us through the menu and looked after us during the meal.

Although all the food was amazing the Apricot Ice Cream is to die for and a great ending to a fabulous meal.

• Visited November 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian I have had in this country”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant is on the Mezz floor of the T5 Hilton and looks stylish if a little large and impersonal on first impression. Don't let that put you off, the staff are lovely with just the right level of attentiveness. The kitchen is open so you can watch the food being made or alternatively sit nearer the corner for a more romantic experience. This is not run of the mill Indian, there are lots of different and unusual choices. My husband had the Kitchen Menu which had a variety of starters and main - presented so well - covering both veggie and meat dishes. I had the Tali Hui Macchli Com Pastes de Arrooz which is Haddock marinated in chillie paste - so tasty - and then Pork Shank “Bhuna”. I dont like very hot and spicy and the kitchen were happy to change the dish slightly for my taste. I have to say it was probably the best main I have ever had at an Indian, the pork was excellent quality and just fell off the bone, the sauce tasty and not at all oily, the rice was cooked just right and the Onion nan I had with it was perfect. I had a very good strawberry ice cream for pudding and as part of the Kitchen menu my husband had 3 taster puds, one being Bombay custard which was an Indian take on crème caramel . Again just right balance of tastes. If you like Indian food and trying new dishes, try this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013