Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had been on a family tour for 2 weeks and decided to stay here the night prior to flying back to the states. Only a short shuttle bus ride to Heathrow and no rushing in the morning. Hotel front desk was very friendly and efficient. Offered us juice upon check-in late in the afternoon. Room was clean well kept and amenities good. Departing in morning for a 10am flight was easy and not rushed.

Lobby bar had nice selection of foods for family and TVs to watch the world cup - we were all happy. We travel to London often and will definately use this hotel again instead of getting up at the crack of dawn to get out to the airport. It did have a large business group staying there, but it never effected us. Definately worth giving it a try.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank amgmhg
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sirs We LOVE your review thank you. NATIONAL EXPRESS operates the Heathrow hoppa bus service number H55 stopping outside the front of the hotel. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. You can always get a taxi through the hotel from £22 for T1, 2 or 3. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.

The Chats bar serving food and drink all day is the BUZZ and HEART of our hotel with all the major sporting events shown on a large screen and don’t forget our Patio in the summer at the back of our restaurant by our 2 tennis courts. Our Brasserie restaurant is famous for its Pizzas with our own Pizza Chef Pasquale who has been with us for 15 years and is a 3rd generation Pizza Chef.

We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 and 10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel.
Safe Travels and see you again at the Heathrow Windsor Marriott.

Paul Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Average hotel and very busy. Had to wait ages for service and only choice for dinner was a buffet, no a la carte. Staff were friendly and helpful though and buffet had good choices and decent food. Room was clean but very small for 2 adults plus 2 kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Sirs, We are a very busy hotel especially at weekends with families and Im glad you liked our buffet. I am surprised about your comments that your room was small as we do not get this feedback. We focus a great deal on families with over 130 of our rooms have 2 double beds and some interconnecting rooms with Sofa beds which is great for weekends and the theme park season.

Come back and see us again maybe after September when weekends are a little quieter.

Safe travels.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Great way to start our holiday. We booked a Park and Fly package and very impressed. Excellent welcome as we walked into hotel with friendly greeting by Doorman. Guy on Reception, professional, knowledgable and efficient. Room of good size with comfy bed. Sampled the restaurant for evening meal and good vibe continued. Nothing to much trouble for staff and food good quality and tasty. After good nights sleep we caught the Hoppa Bus to Terminal 3 at Heathrow. Great start to Holiday all around. Car parked in Hotel grounds, safe and secure. Will definitely book and use again
Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Sirs, A wonderful review thank you.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed for 1 night as a family, the room was lovely beds really comfortable. We have 3 children and did advise that we had twins age 6 and then a little one, there was no cot when we arrived but wasn't a major issue as we pushed one of the beds to the wall and they all had a sleepover in the same bed which they loved. The staff were very friendly and the kids were given a balloon on arrival which they were over the moon about.
We used the swimming pool but I got fed up with a group of what I would call children they were no older than 14 there was 3 of them on their own with no supervision, they were what I would call rough I had to tell the, on a couple of occasions to stop jumping about as they had pushed into my little one, they should have to go in with parents.
We decided to get breakfast in the room as our children can get a little bit excitable, the room service breakfast menu was not very clear but I felt with how it was explained I had ordered more than enough, when it came the next morning boy was I wrong what came was nearly not enough for 4 people, was cold and not good quality we were extremely disappointed and really regretted getting breakfast in this manner.
All in all I would stay again if was in the area, would not order room service breakfast and would only go in the pool when quiet.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank head2
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Sirs, I like your headline a lovely room. My apologies that the pool was busy and you felt some people needed more supervision. Also I apologise we did not meet your expectations with the room service breakfast, I would always advise a family to go to our restaurant and enjoy the choice of over 110 buffet items from our breakfast buffet.

Come back and see us again and have breakfast in the restaurant I can ensure you it will exceed your expectations !

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have previously stayed in Marriott hotels in the USA so I was very curious to see how a Marriott functioned in another country. I am pleased to say the beds were just a comfortable, the food was fine and the staff were very helpful and polite. I was greeted by every staff member, from the cleaning team, the front desk, the fitness centre team, to the restaurant manager. I even wrote an appraisal note for one of the restaurant service team who 'caught' a customer before he fell, saving him from injury. However, today I should have praised two more people in the restaurant but had to leave for the airport.
I can see everyone has been employed to fit in with the Marriott Core Values, taking care of the customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J M
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Sirs, What a lovely review thank you.

It is BRILLIANT when a customer feels our Marriott culture !

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm half way through a week's stay here and am very happy with the level of service. The staff are friendly and highly attentive in reception, room service and dining. Breakfast is excellent and food service in the evening is never slow, even when very busy.

The rooms are standard for this class of hotel and beds are very comfortable. Everything is in good repair and there are no signs of wear and tear. Wifi is free and coverage is good.

I'm here for work and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay whilst travelling or on business. Well done to all the great staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Billborough

Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed only one night for a flight out of Heathrow the next day thinking we could take a shuttle. But when we asked about it the staff at the door said a taxi would be better to terminal 3 from there and also said it would be 22 pounds. We were bummed as this was not an expense we had expected to pay, but went ahead and ordered the taxi. But the taxi that showed up was a large one and the cost was 36 pounds.
Our room was a large one with a king bed and 2 pull out couches. We were glad as a family of 5 to stay all together in one room. The king was comfy but both the pull out couches were awful. My husband had to get up 4 times to fix them. We were told the hotel was full, so we couldn't change rooms, so they gave us a discount. We ate dinner at the restaurant the calzone was good, but the pizzas were awful and the fish and chips were not very good either. Breakfast the next morning was included so that was nice and had a great buffet layout. So some good and bad points for this hotel. Some upgrading of the furniture in the room would help and better food for the dinner would help in the restaurant. And it would be good for the staff to know the true cost of the taxi's.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda M

Dear Sirs, My apologies we did not meet your expectations and I am discussing with my Director of Operations. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Paul Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!