“Following the Marriott Core Values”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Basel, Switzerland
“Following the Marriott Core Values”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have previously stayed in Marriott hotels in the USA so I was very curious to see how a Marriott functioned in another country. I am pleased to say the beds were just a comfortable, the food was fine and the staff were very helpful and polite. I was greeted by every staff member, from the cleaning team, the front desk, the fitness centre team, to the restaurant manager. I even wrote an appraisal note for one of the restaurant service team who 'caught' a customer before he fell, saving him from injury. However, today I should have praised two more people in the restaurant but had to leave for the airport.
I can see everyone has been employed to fit in with the Marriott Core Values, taking care of the customers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J M
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Sirs, What a lovely review thank you.

The Chats bar serving food and drink all day is the BUZZ and HEART of our hotel with all the major sporting events shown on a large screen and don’t forget our Patio in the summer at the back of our restaurant by our 2 tennis courts. Our Brasserie restaurant is famous for its Pizzas with our own Pizza Chef Pasquale who has been with us for 15 years and is a 3rd generation Pizza Chef.

It is BRILLIANT when a customer feels our Marriott culture !

Paul Davies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm half way through a week's stay here and am very happy with the level of service. The staff are friendly and highly attentive in reception, room service and dining. Breakfast is excellent and food service in the evening is never slow, even when very busy.

The rooms are standard for this class of hotel and beds are very comfortable. Everything is in good repair and there are no signs of wear and tear. Wifi is free and coverage is good.

I'm here for work and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay whilst travelling or on business. Well done to all the great staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Billborough
Dear Sirs, A lovely review thank you. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you.

Thank you for staying with us.

South Lyon, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed only one night for a flight out of Heathrow the next day thinking we could take a shuttle. But when we asked about it the staff at the door said a taxi would be better to terminal 3 from there and also said it would be 22 pounds. We were bummed as this was not an expense we had expected to pay, but went ahead and ordered the taxi. But the taxi that showed up was a large one and the cost was 36 pounds.
Our room was a large one with a king bed and 2 pull out couches. We were glad as a family of 5 to stay all together in one room. The king was comfy but both the pull out couches were awful. My husband had to get up 4 times to fix them. We were told the hotel was full, so we couldn't change rooms, so they gave us a discount. We ate dinner at the restaurant the calzone was good, but the pizzas were awful and the fish and chips were not very good either. Breakfast the next morning was included so that was nice and had a great buffet layout. So some good and bad points for this hotel. Some upgrading of the furniture in the room would help and better food for the dinner would help in the restaurant. And it would be good for the staff to know the true cost of the taxi's.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda M
Dear Sirs, My apologies we did not meet your expectations and I am discussing with my Director of Operations. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, due the hotels's great location to Heathrow and surrounding areas we needed to visit.
Easily accessible from M25, M4 & M3, plenty of parking space available,
Arriving late evening there was no one to help with luggage, which I would have expected being so close to the airport, however the team at reception did a great job of looking after our needs, especially with 2 small kids already fast asleep.
The room was comfortable and large enough for the 4 of us and had very good wifi.
The bar service was prompt and staff were very happy, even though it was so busy. We took the Hoppa shuttle service to the airport, very convenient and you can buy tickets from a machine in the hotel.
Overall a very nice stay, well managed by the General Manager and his team, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chinacol A
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sirs, It was lovely to meet you in person and thank you for the positive feedback.
We are 5 mins from J5 of the M4, 10 mins from the M25, 15 mins from T5 and 10 mins from Windsor the home of our Queen, 10 mins from LEGOLAND and 20 mins from Central London by train or take the Greenline 702 bus from opposite the hotel. We have over 480 parking spaces and our park and fly packages are very popular. You must do something with your registration of your car as it is a PARK and EYE system if in doubt please ask at Reception.
The Chats bar serving food and drink all day is the BUZZ and HEART of our hotel with all the major sporting events shown on a large screen.
NATIONAL EXPRESS operates the Heathrow hoppa bus service number H55 stopping outside the front of the hotel. It only operates to T5 (airport bus stand 22 and 23). To get to T1, 2 and 3 you get off at T5 and take the FREE Heathrow Express to T1, 2 and 3. It takes 4 minutes and operates every 15 minutes. Please be aware traffic between 7am and 9am and 5pm and 7pm is VERY heavy so allow more time for your flight.

Safe travels and come back and see us again when over from China

Johnston, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I guess as an American I got used to sleeping in a king size bed with my wife. We only got a double bed. Wasn't too pleased with that. Surprisingly the staff was only average, not overly friendly, but certainly not rude. Again, maybe as an American I'm more used to staff that is very welcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mark c
Paul D, Front Office Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sirs, My apologies you only had a double bed not one of our King size beds. I am surprised regarding your comments about my HOSTS as all other TA reviews are very very positive. My associates your hosts are my main asset and I am very proud of my team and Marriott culture. We focus on our Marriott art hosting and taking care of our customers by making it BRILLIANT for you hopefully you will be back and next time you will feel this.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great friendly staff.The rooms clean and tidy the pillows are to die for. We had a lovely meal in the restuarant and again the staff where great, there is a chain pub across the road which is cheaper but we would go back to Marriotts restuarant every time.Over all for a nights stay when flying from Heathrow highly recomended.Shuttles leave every half hour and cost £4 each way.Leave in plenty of time if travelling to Heathrow in rush hour though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank hil9279
Dear Sirs, A lovely review. Our Brasserie restaurant is famous for its Pizzas with our own Pizza Chef Pasquale who has been with us for 15 years and is a 3rd generation Pizza Chef.

Safe travels with Marriott

Nanoose Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place has good deals, considering the very nice rooms, great service and an excellent free breakfast, perfect for travelers overnighting before a flight from Heathrow. I never saw or heard a jet, and there are cheap (5 quid)/free buses to Heathrow, taking about 15 min. BUT... go down the street somewhere (not obvious where, sorry!) for dinner and stay clear of the bar; they make it all back on the menu and booze. Four and a half quid for a beer and the same for one shot of gin -- that's over $10, in case you forgot. True, the UK has the most expensive food I've even seen, but this is ridiculous!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JHBrewer
Dear Sirs Thank You for the lovely review. Yes our rooms are VERY quiet even though we are 20 mins from the airport. The breakfast is the highlight of the experience and still the most important meal of the day with over 110 buffet items and a Chef cooking the eggs the way you want them fried, poached or maybe an omelette. We also have a gluten free section.

Paul Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!