“Convenient Hotel for Heathrow” 4 of 5 bubbles

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Convenient Hotel for Heathrow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised how nice the Hotel and it's staff were. We payed for 2weeks car parking and 1 nights stay on a special offer and it was amazingly cheap in comparison to other options, which gave me cause for concern when I booked it but I have to say it was excellent value for money. We opted for the bus transfer to the Airport, in hindsight I would probably take a cab next time as we were the last drop off and it took about 40 minutes to make the transfer... A good, cheap option that I would use again!

Room Tip: Try to book away from the main reception area, which was busy and may have been noisy during the nig...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your lovely review. The Park and fly package is very popular and I'm glad you loved my hotel and our hosts. The Hoppa bus service number H54 to Terminals 5, 3 and 1 operates twice every hour. Cost is £4.50 one way and children are FREE. A taxi is another option but would be more expensive. Safe travels with Marriott.

Paul Davies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stopped at this hotel for 2 nights whilst working at the nearby Honda offices.

Check-in was quick and efficient and I was allocated a ground floor room.

Very comfortable and clean. One of the best hotel beds I've slept in for a long time. Lots of scatter pillows to arrange as you want for a comfortable night sleep.

Plenty of choice for pay-tv including films like Dispicible Me 2 for only £5

I didn't eat in the main restaurant, but instead 'Chats' bar. Whilst busy, the service was fast and I was served both nights by an extremely friendly waitress who I felt went over and above to provide excellent service. I recommend the salt & pepper squid as a starter - very tasty!

I also ate breakfast one day in the bar. A very tasty breakfast bap with generous portions.

I would definitely return to the hotel if working in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank LincolnAndrew
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you loved our rooms and the famous Marriott bedding ! The Chats bar is a buzzing enviroment and your host was Mieke. She joined my hotel this year and we get great feedback regarding her service. We will share this comment at our daily team briefing. Thank you for choosing my hotel and travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Windsor Marriott is located near downtown Slough in a lovely quiet corner back from the streets so provides a restful escape but only a few minutes from LHR Via car or shuttle bus. It also offers and alternate route to London via a taxi to Slough station (frequent service to Paddington). The staff are welcoming and helpful and the rooms are quiet and comfortable. The hotel seems popular with locals so there was an active Saturday night crowd. The breakfast was outstanding with a great range of hot and cold options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andy392
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad the location worked for you both LHR and for Central London. Our breakfast has over 100 Buffett items and gets very positive reviews.We look forward to welcoming you back to the Heathrow Windsor Marriott very soon.

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

First of all, you're in Slough which means there's not much to see or do. I say this b/c that fact tends to cloud one's view of the local hotels.

The Marriott is unimpressive when you arrive (think 1970s outdoor styling). Inside, however, it is very modern -- from the lobby to the rooms. The rooms have been redone. The standard room is decent sized (especially for England) and the bathroom has been nicely upgraded. There is a lack of places to sit in the standard room -- rather uncomfortable chairs. You don't want to spend a lot of time here. Internet is very fast and reliable.

The Jr. suite is a LONG way from the elevators but offers a separate living room with sofas and two TVs and a slightly larger bath. It's worth the splurge if you're two or more or are at the hotel for several days.

There is a restaurant and a separate bar/restaurant. The lunch/dinner food is decent if not memorable. In other words, there are plenty of acceptable choices but nothing that makes you want to come back. Breakfast in the restaurant features a nice buffet including eggs/omelets cooked to order.

The Club Lounge is a mixed bag. The service is first-rate, especially in the evening when the server does an outstanding job with a VERY full room. He remembers what you ordered drink-wise the night before and is quick to clear plates and refill glasses. The food includes standard fare (salad, cheese, etc.) and nightly hot specials. You could make a meal of it and some do. Breakfast includes scrambled eggs that, frankly, taste awful. Stick to the traditional "European/British" selections and you'll be fine.

The problem is the lounge is severely overcrowded. One night, I couldn't find a single place to sit so gave up and left. The next night I was lucky to grab the very last seat but several people were standing. They need to remove the large sofas and chairs and create more seating -- or find a larger venue.

The concierge is helpful if you want to order a Marriott "sponsored" cab -- if you want him to call someone else, expect a cold shoulder.

The hotel is really not easy walking distance from anywhere. If you don't have a car or don't want to take a taxi, you're largely "stuck" at the hotel. If you have time/inclination, be adventurous and head to Windsor for dinner.

Overall, if you're in Slough for business, this is a decent place to stay. Not as nice as many Marriotts but perfectly acceptable, especially for short stays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Sirs, Thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad you liked us once your in the hotel. We are 5 minutes from J5 of the M4 and 10 minutes from the M25. We have a huge Sainsburys 10 minutes away and a 24 hour Tesco's 20 minutes away and of course the home of our Queen Windsor Castle is 5 minutes. Windsor has great shops, bars and restaurants so the location can have much to offer.
I'm glad you enjoyed the product and our Junior Suite. We have FREE WIFI in public areas which is also very fast with a 100 MB line. The breakfast gets great feedback with freshly cooked waffles and your choice of eggs. We have over 100 items on the breakfast buffett.
The Executive lounge is very busy and I'm glad you recognise CONSTANCIO our evening host whom is a great associate and gets continual recognition. He has been a member of my team for the past 5 years. I am currently reviewing removing the sofa and creating more space in the lounge.
Our Concierge will only use our nominated taxi supplier ( Millenium Cars) due to insurance purposes. If we used another taxi company we have no idea of insurance, safety and the legality of the car. The safety of our customers is the number 1 priority with my hotel and Marriott.

Thank you again for such detail and travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a night. We had an excellent lunch and supper. Every single member of staff went out of their way to be friendly and to make our stay enjoyable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Welshie_on_tour
Dear Sirs, Thank you for recognising my BRILLIANT HOSTS whom I am very proud of. We focus a great deal on our service and HOSTING culture. All reviews are shared with our teams and they will be very proud. Safe BRILLIANT travels with Marriott.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed overnight with parking for airport. Staff very polite and attentive. Great room with comfy beds. This hotel had everything we could have wished for, gym, pool, free wifi, good parking, lively bar with great food albeit a bit pricey but overall a very competitive deal. One thing to consider, we're told by hotel staff that hoppa bus took about 20 mins to T3, in fact it took nearly 30 mins and the bus was 15 mins late so get an earlier bus than you need to be on the safe side. Coming back was quicker. Would definitely use this hotel again, it was a very nice start to our holiday.

Room Tip: Ground floor proved useful for quick check out & easy access to our car.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sirs Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed the swimming pool, gym, FREE WIFI in our public areas, plenty of parking and the choice of food. The Hoppa Bus H5 to terminals 5, 3 and 1 can take a little more time depending on traffic so your right to advise of allowing more time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Heathrow Windsor Marriott very soon.

Kent
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We always book an airport hotel as it extends our holiday by a day and eliminates the stress of getting to the airport on time, so after checking them out on Trip Advisor we booked the Marriott.

When we arrived we were told that "due to the computers going down last night" they were overbooked and that we were going to be transferred to their sister hotel the Renaissance, Bath Rd. "which is just as nice ad the Marriott". We had booked through Booking Ltd six months in advance so this seemed a little odd, particularly as there were at least two other couples in the same boat. My wife noticed that there was a Corporate function on that night, but the reception manager insisted it was a computer error. Hmmm......

I said I was very unhappy with the situation, particularly as I had booked six months in advance and was offered free breakfast at the Renaissance, not much use as we had a 6am flight! Negotiations continued until I was offered a complimentary night with dinner at a future date.

I was not impressed with the Renaissance, see my review, and when I returned from holiday realised that we had already booked a hotel for our next trip. I then involved Booking Ltd who were most helpful and I eventually received a full refund. Thanks Booking Ltd.

Needless to say we have booked a different hotel for our next trip!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mature married couple
Paul D, General Manager at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Sirs, My sincere apologies that we were not able to accommodate you. I was fully aware of the evening concerned and we genuinely had major computer challenges. Our priority at that point was to find you an alternative hotel and the Renaissance was able to accommodate you. We needed to ensure you had accommodation and were closely to the airport as you were flying out the next day at 6am. I do hope that this will not put you off staying with Marriott as this was a one off situation. As you can see from our trip advisor rating, scores and comments this was an isolated incident.
Paul Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
3.0 of 5 bubbles 3,425 reviews
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!