“Pretty good and convenient for Heathrow Airport”

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Slough
GreenLeadersSilver level
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Pretty good and convenient for Heathrow Airport”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I would say pretty good value although I did get a special rate on the room. Regular tariff may not appear as such good value.
It's what you would expect from a Marriott Hotel. Clean and well appointed. Room good with exactly what you would expect to see for business or leisure traveller. Breakfast was also very good and full on English and American style if you like a good start to the day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aceebee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Swindon
Reviewed December 16, 2012

As stated in my previous reviews of the Renaissance and Heathrow Marriott they have been my preferred hotels when wanting a park and fly package flying out of Heathrow. This time I was travelling mid week and both were well over £200 for a night's accommodation and 15 days parkling whereas this property was £169; plus they gave me a return Hoppa Bus ticket worth £8.

Flying late afternoon from T4 and returning early afternoon into T1 I decided that for the price this was worth a try as I allowed plenty of time to transfer. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how easy the transfers to the airport was. Going out I caught the bus to T5 and changed to a frequent T5 - T4 Hoppa link bus from the same stop, ok it took a little longer than usual but within 45 minutes I was checking in at T4. Coming back from T1 was just as easy the bus makes two stops, one at T5 and the other at the Holiday Inn Express, again the transfer was about 45 minutes. Buses appear to run every 30 minutes.

The parking is good and looks as if there is plenty of security lighting and cameras, also I saw a warden walking around checking the cars.

The interior of the hotel was good and I found all the staff I came into contact with to be very friendly and helpful, especially the young lady on reception who was more than helpful when I had problems with my key, apparently if you put it next to a mobile phone it wipes the coding, so my fault there I'm afraid.

I used the Executive Lounge and unlike a previous reviewer I thought it very good, it is small but the food on offer was nice and varied (compared to some) and there was free wine or beer. A special mention for the chap who was running the place in the evening, he was very good and kept everything stocked up including glasses. I had breakfast here and thought it was good too with a reasonable selection and a lady who again made sure the stock of items was maintained.

The rooms are standard Marriott, only issue I had was with the state of the windows I suppose it picks this dirt up from the M4, which is close by but couldn't be heard, still no excuse; a shammy and some water would not go amist.

Would I stay again absolutely, a good hotel with good parking at a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for a training course nearby. The hotel doesn't look anything special from the outside, although there is plenty of parking available and its a pretty big hotel. The lobby is clean and quite well presented, with polite and helpful staff. The hotel has a small but well stocked executive lounge, but if you want a seat make sure you are in there before 6:30pm; any later and you'll be standing up (during the week at least). The bar is busy and bustling, not really somewhere to enjoy a quiet drink, but service is good and food is about par for a mid-priced airport hotel. The rooms, like many other Heathrow airport hotels, are distributed around a maze of slightly claustrophobic corridors across 6 floors. Once in the room, however, it opens out and the rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is well sound proofed, and despite it being sited at the west-end of Heathrow's runways, I never heard a single aeroplane take off or land in the 4 nights I was there. The only issue I would raise is that the heating was noisy, and was the kind that kicked in and out all night.

Overall, it was a comfortable and quiet hotel, ideal for business, but probably less desirable for holidays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank memoreks
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Comfortable though uninspired. This hotel is pretty efficient at doing what it is required to do, i.e. looking after people in transit waiting to use Heathrow airport. Clean and tidy the rooms are well appointed and the restaurant is OK. The Executive Lounge isn't up to much and therefore if you're tempted to pay a bit more for access to that lounge I wouldn't bother if I was you. Service was good at reception and in the restaurant.

I think it is about time that Marriott Hotels stopped charging for internet access.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lanerope
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked this thinking it was an airport hotel but found that was the other Marriott. However we were flying from Terminal 5 which is actually quite close to this Marriott.
The benefit of staying here is also to be seen in the price which is much lower than most quality hotels that are adjacent to terminals 1-4.
We were very professionally greeted and given an excellent room.
The staff here are some of the best we've encountered and value for money this hotel is one of the best in the Heathrow area.
We would stay here anytime we're using T5

• Stayed December 2012
Durham
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here the night before a flight to New York as part of the park and fly package.

Very handy as just off the M25, so easy to find. Easy to check in and staff were friendly.

Room was small and not to the same standard as other Marriott hotels I've stayed in. The bed was not as comfy. Quite small and very soft. You could feel every movement.

Bathroom was clean, although it had a slight smell of foist/damp.

Check out was smooth and simple.

No problems with car when we returned.

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place offered what looked like the best deal for price and location at Heathrow. There was nothing really wrong about it but we had the impression for two days that we were taking part in a big training session for new Marriott employees. Getting there in the Hotel Hoppa bus was easy but that meant that we arrived in a gaggle of new check ins. The front desk staff seemed to have been briefed to give a long and overly detailed speech about everything in the hotel while people waited behind us to check in. The executive lounge was much less well provisioned than we are accustomed to at Marriott properties, our first waiter at the restaurant had no idea what a single malt Scotch is and had to call for back up, our orders were confused, the promised newspapers didn't show up in the morning (although we got two copies of each paper the next morning), and the wireless internet was erratic due to an "upgrade" that was underway. We usually stay in Marriott properties on business trips because of the highly predictable service and convenient facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!