Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
$68
$55
Trip.com
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
$58
$98
$77
$63
2,052 results
All reviewschats bartwo double bedstoby carveryswimming poolsauna and steam roomholiday extrasleisure facilitiesthe executive loungebusy hotelhoppa buscar parkbreakfast was excellentvisiting legolandfamily roomlego landstayed here for one nightbooked this hotel
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I truly enjoyed our stay at this Marriott.. the tea services in English hotel rooms always delight me (real milk! high quality tea! biscuits!).. and the breakfast (which was included in our rate) was excellent. Even the slightly smaller breakfast spread in the concierge lounge was one of the best breakfast bars I've encountered; nice coffee, tea, eggs, fruit. The bar, Chats, was also quite nice - good menu, lots of beer!

Now, the location is not the most convenient place - Slough is hardly the center of tourist fun. But, if you are willing to walk around the corner to the Harvester Bar/Restaurant, you'll find a very nice pub, with a cozy atmosphere, and a fine collection of beers and ciders. And, about a mile away is the village of Datchet, with several genuine English pubs, an Italian restaurant with a manic waiter, a restaurant at the Manor hotel, and the atmosphere of a small English town. And... 3 miles away is Windsor castle, which is a scenic, manageable walk for those who enjoy that sort of thing (like my husband and I do). Windsor has plenty of shops, eating places, and tourists, but is worth the trip.

If you wish to take cabs, be prepared to pay thru the nose. The hotel concierge will call one for you, and your driver will be professional and polite, the car expensive and well cared for, and you will be aghast at the fare. But, if the hotel is paid for by your husband's client or your Marriott points, it is a very pleasant place to stay. Just be advised that a late night train ride back from London will take almost an hour, and then you'll still need to catch a cab at the end of the line (unless you did like we did, where we took the train all the way to Heathrow, and then jumped on the Hotel Hoppa to get back to the Marriott).

Overall, nice hotel, & a professional staff, but the location is a bit isolated from the whole London experience. Yet, there is plenty to see in the area if you rent a car, take a cab, or pull on your walking shoes.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MustSeeThis
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the hotel which was booked through the Legoland website.
After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor just before we set off I thought I had made a big mistake but I was completely wrong.
We arrived at the hotel at 2.30 on Saturday afternoon of the Bank Holiday weekend and we were greeted by a very helpful and efficient receptionist who said our room was ready and checked us straight in. Our room was clean and had plenty of room even though there were 2 double beds.
All the staff we came in contact with were really helpful and the staff in the bar where we ate on two evenings and the breakfast room staff couldn't do enough to make sure we all had everything we needed.
Also although we did see approx 8-10 airline staff I hardly think that qualifies the hotel as a hotel that prioritises these guests.
Finally I do have one downside to this hotel and that is the price of food in the bar and restaurant. I think £7.50 for a childs fish fingers and chips and £14 for an adults fish and chips a bit on the steep side. The food was nice but nothing exceptional that would justify the price.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We parked our car here whilst we went on holiday, and booked the room for when we landed as we had been traveling throught the night and had a long drive back home. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the airport but we thought it worth it as we could check into the room when we landed. The bed was really comfortable and we had no problems dropping off even though it was daytime. The mattress and pillows are feather so they are comfy but can be a bit of a problem if a guest has a feather allergy so if you are allergic then please let them know.
The bathroom is a bit small but it does what it does, there are lovley toiletries and a shower cap! so it gets a 10 out of 10 for that, as there are not many hotels that do this anymore and i always forget to take mine with me.The room was spotless and had a nice little sofa also, the colour scheme is nice, i wish we could have stayed a bit longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed at Marriott to enjoy Windsor Castle and Legoland. Very well situated just off the M4. Confusion on check in as staff couldn't supply Legoland tickets until the manager was there?! Rooms are ok but they are a bit smoky smelling as previous reviewers have said. Restaurant service is very poor. 15 mins after being seated we hadn't even had a drinks order taken; that said, the food was very good.
In summary: convenient but not luxury.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed here for one night on my way back from Swindon to catch my flight back to India the next day. This a very big hotel which I found mostly occupied by Airlines staff and business travellers. I could not any families around maybe due to its location.

The staff at Check-in counter was not very friendly and the check-in was also not very smooth. However, the gentleman at the concierge desk was very friendly and polite. He helped with all the information which I needed.

I also had a meal at the hotel. Initially, being a vegetarian, I had to struggle to find something which I would have liked. But the lady incharge at the restaurant (I forgot her name) was very helpfull. She got the Chef to talk to me and I could get what I liked. At that time there were more than 100 guests dining. In such a situation the chef coming out and talking to me and then preparing a dish to my liking is something which I rarely find in such a busy Hotel.

The room was spacious and clean with all facilities provided.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business