“Tired bathroom and tired guest!”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Warwickshire
“Tired bathroom and tired guest!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a superior room on the 5th floor. The bedroom was very large, clean and felt as if it had been recently modernized / decorated. However, that's about the end of anything positive to say.
The room was noisy as the air-conditioning plant could be heard very clearly even through the double glazing (*). The bed was large, but not very comfortable and the pillows were dreadful. Sleep was therefore not very easy!
The mini-bar was empty and no (complimentary) water was in the room.
The bathroom felt very outdated with grubby-looking tiles and only a shower over the bath. Water pressure was pretty much non-existent.
I had pre-paid for the room via hotels.com and got a good rate. At check-in, I wasn't asked for a credit card which meant the bar staff were reluctant to allow me to charge drinks to my room (they did after some complaining).
Front-desk staff weren't very friendly and were slow in dealing with questions.
Overall, I was disappointed with my stay.

(* given the noise levels on the 5th floor, I can only imagine how much worse it would have been in a room on a lower floor!)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TerryMWarwickshire
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing this review. I am sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations on this occasion.

We are in the process of undertaking contractors to replace all the air handling system and replace with air conditioning. Unfortunately this is a massive job and will take over a year to fully implement. That having been said we are already some way into the process and hope to have this project underway early 2015. I am sorry that you did not report this problem during your stay as we will have to investigate manually in order to identify this room and rectify the issues you experienced. This is not a hotel wide issue and will be addressed once we locate the room.

I was pleased that you found your room in good order when you arrived and that you found it spacious and the décor fresh and modern. This is our new standard and we are rolling this out across the hotel this year, so hopefully everyone will share your appreciation.

All our rooms have new beds and new pillow, I am sorry that you found these not to your liking; in order to accommodate all tastes we also have two softer pillows in the wardrobe. Normally we receive exceptional comments regarding the comfort, although I will discuss this with our housekeeper to see if there is something we can do to assist those with specific requests.

I have met with the Reception team today and discussed your comments. I will monitor over the coming weeks to ensure there are no repeats and have instructed the Duty Managers to be present during the peak periods to ensure there is sufficient support in this area.

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact me directly should you be in the area again and I will personally oversee your reservation to ensure all is as it should be with your stay.

Regards

David Faull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my two children have had a fantastic time staying at the copthorne hotel as part if our legoland holiday. The room was amazing, the good was fab and the staff we're brilliant. I gave to say that one lady in particular was amazing especially to the kids. This person is Eva who served dinner to us every night. She was fantastic and made the children feel really special. I hope you can pass on our gratitude. I would recommend your hotel to anyone thinking of travelling down to your part if the country and we will definately be back.
.. I

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Amandamms
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Amandamms

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted your family stay went so well.

I was so pleased to read your review and the fact that you found our rooms amazing and the staff brilliant. I was particularly pleased that Eva stood out and made your children feel extra special. We incentivise our team members for third party comments from our guests and I am very happy that Eva has been recognised and will receive this award in recognition of her efforts to make a real difference here.

Thank you again for your review. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

David
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have booked this hotel via booking.com. When we went in to our room, we were quite disappointed because photos on the website did not matched with real life situation. The room was veeeery small and over 2 storeys with stairs, no view from window also, on last floor, low ceilings. We just left and asked for the refund,because they could not offer us other room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taisia G
Dear Guest

Thank you for sparing the time in reviewing our hotel. Unfortunately I am not sure this review applies to us and have flagged this to TA to investigate.

I am sorry that your experience was not as it should have been, although I am unaware of any problems with a booking in June with a third party agent as all such issues would normally be resolved through my office. I was also concerned by the comments regarding small rooms over two floors. All our rooms are on the same floors and over 23 metres square, so a good size for the area and differ from your comments.

Please do contact me directly if this review is for the Copthorne Slough and I will be happy to address any concerns you have.

Regards

David Faull

Travelers are raving about these Slough hotels

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

An Excellent hotel all round, very good reception on 1st. August 2014, throughout our visit every member of staff had a smile & greeting.

Room 514 is an Excellent room with a great view.

Dinner and breakfast were also Excellent, with good service.

Deborah and Michael.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are excellent
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael J
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for completing this review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am particularly pleased that you loved the bedroom and breakfast/dinner in our restaurant as well as all the service. Comments such as your motivate us to continually strive to do our very best and I am pleased that you have recognised this.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here for the night when up in Slough to attend a family celebration. The hotel was easy to find and was excellently located for our destination.
The hotel was modern and well appointed. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bed was very large and proved to be extremely comfortable - even the pillows were good! The bathroom was clean, although a little tired, and the towels could have been a bit thicker - but they were spotlessly clean and served their purpose.
Had the optional breakfast the following morning and it was brilliant - so much choice and very well cooked. The staff, especially the lady on the afternoon Reception, were friendly and very helpful.
The only downside to our visit, and the reason why we have not rated it 5/5, was the parking. The hotel has a 2 floor underground car park. Were unsure of where and what to do when we arrived. The Receptionist explained that the barrier would life automatically and that we would be let out when we left for our 'do'. This worked well when we left to go to the party but when we got back in the evening the first floor was completely full and when on going down to the 2nd floor we found that it was almost full of brand new stored cars - leaving very few spaces for paying guests! The fact that guests are expected to pay £6 per day to park there is a bit of a cheek when so much of the limited space is taken up by non residents vehicles!!
However, this moan apart, we enjoyed our stay and will stay again when we are next in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lynda V
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing this review. I am delighted you had such a good stay.

I was particularly please to ready that you thought our breakfast was excellent and had so much choice as well as our bed and pillow being so comfortable. I have shared your comments with the team this morning at the morning brief.

I am also grateful for your feedback regarding the cars on our lower ground floor. We have had this relationship for over 24 years, although we have reduced the number by 40 spaces following your comments as we certainly do not want our hotel guests being inconvenienced. I hope that if you are this way again in the future you will see that this is the case and we hope that we see no repeats of your comments.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again soon and earning the full 5 points!

Kindest regards

David
Duleek, Ireland
Reviewed August 2, 2014

It's always interesting to return to a hotel a couple of years since your last visit.
Has it improved? Has it got worse?
In this case it's just as we left it in 2012 and that's fine.
Once again the kids insisted we come over for LEGOLAND so where better to stay than somewhere we knew.
If I'm being ultra critical the dinner buffet we had on our second night was so so but the kids were happy and if you have kids you'll know how important that is.
Clean and tidy, helpful staff and kid friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank IrishStew22
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing your review and thank you for your return visit. I am delighted that overall your stay met your expectations.

I am very pleased to see that your children have such good taste and hope they insist upon a visit next year. We have lots planned for the end of the season, so next time you come I would like to think you will see a significant difference (all for the better!).

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards

Sunderland
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've just had a wonderful 3 nights in this hotel from July 21st with my 2 children and my mother. All 4 for of us could not fault anything about the hotel we especially liked the leisure facilities but most of all we thought the staff were very courteous and polite. One member of staff was extra helpful and a very nice and polite gentleman, Jas. Jas helped us to our room with our bags after seeing me struggling with the children, he also gave me directions every day to venues we were going to and made our stay very welcome. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Loubat23
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing this review. I am delighted your mother and children as well as yourself had such a good time with us.

I was particularly pleased that your children enjoyed the pool. Next time you come you will see that we have invested in all the changing facilities and gym and will enjoy your time even more.

Thank you for your comments about my team members I am very pleased you fount all the staff polite and courteous. My Monday morning has been lifted with your comments and for that I am grateful. I have also shared your comments with the team in the hope that they will continue to strive to deliver the very best service we can for our guests and learn from their comments.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

David Faull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!