Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baylis House(Slough)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,763 results
All reviewsclub roombugis streetswimming poolleisure facilitieslegoland packagevisiting legolandbuffet styleweekend breakbooked this hoteltwo double bedsminute drivecar parkingstayed for one nightyogurtwindsormaggiemotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Although we arrived very late at night the lobby staff were friendly and helpful, there is a special check in area for kiddies manned by a Lego dragon which I thought was a nice touch for those visiting Lego Land - convenient for the station, it was a 5 minute taxi ride in the morning (10-15 during busier times). Plenty of parking too

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Very pleased that our staff were helpful to you especially late at night when you were travelling with tired children.
Our lego dragon is very special to us here, we named her Ruth after a revenue manager we once had (who we all though the world of I hasten to add), it always amuses me when we tell kids her name is Ruth (though not the reason) and they call out hello Ruth and bye bye Ruth. She has left us now I'm sorry to say but I hope very much that she reads this.......I can expect a call!!
We will all look forward to welcoming you back - hopefully this season - and thank you again for sharing your kind words.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here as part of a Lego Land package with our two sons aged 5 & 8. The hotel sounded great for children, particularly as it provided a Lego Land package. When we arrived to check in the receptionist could only be described as rude. There was a seprate check in desk for children - or the pretense of one. She basically ignored the children and scowled at them when they were excited about the Lego Dragon figure on the 'children's' reception desk. She gave us a letter and just said the hotel info is in there and told us our room number. Didn't direct us to the lift or explain how to get to our room. I asked where the advertised children's rooms / facilities where and she just said down the corridor. The 'children's' entertainment areas were basically small dingy conference rooms with a pool table and table football in - neither had balls or cues !!!
The rooms were ok - a bit dated decor but they were clean and on the plus side they had left activity packs on the beds for the children. Plenty of hot water and the shower was powerful.
We slept well and the beds were comfy enough.
We went for breakfast which was basic but ok. plenty of choice and food of a reasonable quality - although the coffee was awful!!
The main problem was the staff. they did not have any idea what they were doing. We had to ask three times for some juice for our son - eventually went and got some our self. They appeared to be wandering around, not knowing what too do. They were clearing tables one cup at a time.
On the plus side it is in a great location for Lego Land :-)
We had a good break but unfortunately this was not due to the hotel. Don't think I would stay here again - I would probably look at other hotel packages in the area.

Room Tip: More appropriate for business guests than families in my opinion
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I was extremely concerned to read your remarks and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you as obviously we need to investigate your comments fully and will need your room number and dates of stay.
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed Legoland, please accept my apologies that your stay was not the success it deserved to be.
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Kindest regards
Maggie Coonan P.A to General Manager.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely all the staff were friendly the rooms were perfect the breakfast was lovely the only negative comment to write is you have to pay £6 for parking what I think is a bit steep gonna be returning next year

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank emma1989Kent

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments - although sorry to hear you felt the parking charge was a bit steep.
We will look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I booked a conference/event at this hotel on behalf of my Company and just wanted to just express my thanks to Jas (Meeting Events) and Mark (Assistant Conference/Events) for making it all run so smoothly. I was not present myself but have been told that all arrangements were as requested and the food was enjoyed by all those attending. Many thanks - no doubt we will be booking again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
How good to read reviews regarding our meeting & events team at our hotel. Delighted that they were all so positive (but not surprised).
Good to know that you will be coming back to us.
Thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Lovely room, comfortable beds, rooms were tidy and kept tidy by the staff! stayed here for someones birthday and was treated by the hotel to complimentary drinks from the bar and a card in the room! Breakfast was good too! would recommend

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay and on such a special occasion. We all like to get involved in family celebrations whenever we are aware of them - best part of my job!!
Do hope that we will see you again.