“Good value”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

A great place to stay if your visiting Lego Land Windsor. The staff are polite and attentive, the rooms are clean and it has secure parking under the hotel. We did not eat in the hotel so can comment but the restaurants were very busy each night we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write your review. It was good to know that your stay was a success and that you found us to be good value for money.
Please come and stay again, you will be very welcome.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Turkish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Lovely room, plenty of space and nice size tv. We had a terrific time here which we used as our base for legoland (avoid at all costs) ... Staff were pleasant and chatted to you. We ate at the Chinese restaurant there for both nights. Not cheap but the best Chinese meal I have ever had. Very recommended.... Breakfast was hot and lots of fresh eats. The only thing was the cold plates but even that didn't take away from a first class breakfast. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our Bugis Street Restaurant as I am a big fan too!.
Delighted you had a good, varied and hot breakfast to start your day, I am well aware how important that is.
We will all look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
exeter
Reviewed November 4, 2013

we booked this as a late deal and paid £54 which made it way cheaper than a travel lodge. Real price was £210. When we checked in we found we had been upgraded to a club room, which meant free soft drinks in the mini bar. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The only slight downside was we were above the pool which meant we had the nosire of the air conditioning units, But as we only paid a fraction of the normal cost this was ok. If we had paid full price we might have been less than happy. Staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this reveiw.
Good to know that you took advantage of one of our 'deals' and that you found us to be good value for money which is exactly what we try very hard to be!
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, we moved to a twin room as have a 5 year old. Friendly staff and good service. But the hotel has little childrens entertainment. It advertises an x box however there was only one game that worked as others scratched. It was not set up every night and you had to ask. Advertised childrens films in film room in evening but choice very poor and again was not set up every night. As we stayed for Halloween too there was no additional entertainment or staff were not dressed up. They should not advertise these childrens facilities as very poor quality. However rooms nice and great location near legoland. However legoland and chessington hotels cater better for childrens activities but are more expensive to stay. Depends what you are after.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this review. Delighted that you were happy with all of us and the service that you received.
Sorry that you felt we should have provided more childrens entertainment, unfortunately we dont see ourselves completely as a destination hotel and like all the local hotels near Heathrow and a major city we enjoy both corporate guests and families alike.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again, perhaps when the park reopens next year or maybe before.
nottingham
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stopped at the Copthorne Hotel, Slough between 24th and 26th October 2013. I stopped with my partner and our two children. Both are under 5 years of age. The reason for the stay was to visit Legoland.

I checked Trip advisor and seemed to have mixed reviews however; I do often take this with a pinch of salt and prefer to give a balanced review.

The location of the hotel is brilliant and easy to find. Within close proximity is a Tesco's and with a baby, this was useful. The hotel is very close to Legoland and takes approx.10 minutes to get there. The route is easy too!

On arrival to the hotel, there is a under cover car park and there are ample parking places. Some areas are a little tight if you have a large car but, we didn't struggle and we have a large car. You enter the hotel from the basement level but, couldn't locate the lift so, up to reception using the single flight of steps. If there is a lift, I didn't see it at basement level.

The main reception is open and light. It is clean and fairly modern.  In the reception is where you gain entry to the swimming pool/Spa area, bar and Oriental restaurant.   It was quick and easy to book in and staff were friendly.

We were on the first floor (room 127) and had a view of Windsor Castle from our room. There was a flat roof at our window and there was a pair of old pants. This could do with being moved but, it is not any fault of the hotel. The room had two double beds, bath and shower and the bathroom was fairly large. (I did mean to bring to the attention of the staff but, on leaving the room, I forgot)  There was a large flat screen TV and access to several TV channels.  There was also a desk, small table and two chairs. The room is starting to look a little dated but, from leaflets around the hotel, I believe this is being addressed. The room was clean and  had a fridge and hot drink making facilities.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful and with an issue in the room, it was quickly resolved after a call to reception.

We used the Swimming pool on a couple of occasions. You collect your towels from the desk and hand your room key in. The changing Rooms are a little dated but, clean. A little cramped if it is busy. My wife did say there was no changing facility for our baby daughter in the changing rooms which was a little poor. I didn't see one in the male changing rooms either. the showers are clear and have shampoo/shower gel available.

The pool is 1m deep for the whole length and is fairly warm. There is also a jacuzzi pool which is really warm and lovely! For the Spa lovers, there is a steam room and Sauna. These seem to be well looked after. There is also a Gym with the usual equipment. I didn't use it so, can't comment further.

We had dinner at the hotel and initially started in the bar and had a few beers. There's lots of choice however, a little pricey! £4 a pint and £2.40 for a small coke.

We proceeded to the Oriental restaurant bugis-street-brasserie. The restaurant doesn't seem particularly run well and could do with a face lift as the decor is just like going into a hotel room. I feel it needs a little more Oriental look if that makes sense. Maybe a colour change. On reviewing the menu, it was quite expensive. I'm not tight however, £9 +for a main course excluding rice I feel is pricey. The food was nice but, wasn't anything special warranting the high price. Seems to me that this is exploitation of the guests!  Don't get me wrong, it was ok and the food was good but, needs that little more to warrant the price.  I feel by dropping the price of each course to £7 then I feel the hotel would still make a nice profit and people would be more likely to eat there. It wasn't busy when I was there yet, the car park was full at the hotel.

I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so, can only comment. Again, this was expensive at £14pp. It was a trip to McDonald's for us which is approx. 2 miles away.

Overall, we were not disappointed with the hotel. It was nice, comfortable and I got the hotel for a fairly good price. The only area i feel needs to be reviewed is the cost of food and drink.  I feel you would get much more custom for food and beverage  by simply lowering the price slightly. I would recommend this hotel and for the right price and I would stop again.

Dear Guest,
Well! What a fabulous and comprehensive review! Thank you.
We dangled one of our staff out of a window and removed the offending article from outside your room, it was a nappy!!
Thanks also for the reccomendation and the promise that you will return if the price is right - we will look forward to that.
liverpool
Reviewed October 30, 2013

stayed here 2 nights, room good size, beds best ive slept in for a very long time! bathroom could do with revamp, but after 8 hours on my feet in LEGOLAND was just glad to see a bath! well soundproofed considering so close to heathrow, on the downside breakfast wasn't too good as some cutlery and crockery dirty and staff running back and forth to kitchen,choice of food could of been better, was expensive as well, cost £50 in the Chinese just for 4 soft drinks, a childs meal 2 starters and a portion of duck. was ok but wouldn't rate as 4 star.

Room Tip: had a quad room ideal for family of four, two large double beds, very comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to place this review. I couldnt help but feel sorry for you - Legoland can be very tiring and I really understood how you felt. I am so pleased that you found your bed so comfortable and had such a great nights sleep, it makes all the difference doesnt it?
Sorry you were in the middle of a very busy breakfast, we do try to advise guests to avoid peak times on Legoland weekends but its difficult for parents to ask hungry excited children to wait....
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed in a business room with a far away view of the Windsor castle. The room was clean but dusty. TV not working because of strong winds, not sure if there was anything the hotel could do about this. Reading material in the room was a nice touch. Limited 24 room service. Poor quality breakfast. Nice warm swimming pool. Whirlpool was not working. Staff ok. Overall not an exceptional hotel. We booked the room during a sale and got a bargain price. Will probably not return or recommend if paying full price.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, Sorry about the lack of TV which was actually due to a major interface problem which was repaired by our provider the following day. It caused disruption to a lot of our guests evenings but was unfortunately entirely beyond our control.
I have asked the Club Manager about the situation you describe with the Whirlpool as I was unaware there was any problem, he has explained to me that when the chlorine levels exceed or fall below the laid down health & safety regulations they have no choice but to rectify the dosage which normally takes between 30 - 60 minutes, so its a case of safety first I'm afraid, I am sorry that you were affected.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!