“Good stay”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights last month on business. Friendly service from everyone, good quality room and sleep. Good quality evening meal. Especially happy to have sky sports in the rooms! Very rare.

A pleasant stay, will come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind review. Good to know that your stay was all it should have been and that you appreciated the Sky sports channel.
Hope this means that you will come and stay with us again.....
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We attended a function here. My 3 course dinner was supposed to be vegetarian yet there was jelly on the dessert & there was parmesan on the pasta, which I doubt was rennet free. The waiter did not understand what I was talking about so I told him no parmesan instead. The pudding was unusually substantial which spoilt the 3 courses. The standard of waiting staff could have been better.
In the bar, we ordered snacks. Waited for ages & had to chase up as there was only ONE staff serving & it was busy.
Strange stain on the carpet in our room. I think it was coffee or tea.
Need to look at the shower mechanism. It is very difficult to use.
We would not choose to stay here.
Still waiting for the manager to respond to the form I filled in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you have been left with such a poor impression of us and as a result your stay has been marred.

I understand that we discussed your concerns with the event organiser and they informed us that they would come back to you on our behalf. I am sorry that this was not the case and hope that this has now been clarified.

I have discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to ensure that lessons have been learnt and hope that we do have an opportunity to redeem ourselves fully should the function next year be held here.

David Faull

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for a night whilst visiting lego land with my 6 yr old. The staff were all polite and seemed to get the job done smoothly. We took a swim in the pool and although past reviews have said the leisure complex looked tired and dated we found it all to be just fine. The meal we had was lovely and good portions, well priced. We had trouble with the tv not working which we reported to be told a few people had reported a problem and an engineer would be called. It was still not working in the morning and although annoying was not the end of the world. mentioned on check out that it still was not working and the receptionist knocked off some money from the bill. We would definately go back as the staff were nothing but helpful and everything ran smoothly. The room was very spacious with a view in the distance of windsor castle, the windows seemed to block out any noise of the traffic and aircraft flying overhead. A pleasant stay and many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
What lovely comments, thank you very much. So pleased that your stay was the success it deseved to be (as most are) .
Thanks for being so understanding about the problems with the TV, as you were obviously aware this was a real problem for us that evening as there was a major interface failure which was attended to by our provider and unfortunately beyond our capacity to fix at hotel level.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night and I was a bit underwhelmed by the place.Check in was fine, very polite and courteous, but the room (as you don't spend the night in reception however polite they are!) was very average. Clean and smelt fresh, but the lighting only seemed to allow football stadium-esque floodlighting or pitch darkness. You didn't seem to be able to have the side lights without everything else. The bathroom was clean but 'tired'. Also, there wasn't a way to set an alarm on the TV, so reliant on the mobile to wake me. Overall OK, you'll get a good nights sleep without any thrills.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this review. Whilst I was pleased to hear that you were happy with with your stay I was sorry that you felt the lighting in your room let us down a bit - unfortunately I am unable to check this out without a room number so if you would like to contact me privately I will be pleased to do so.
With regard to our automated alarm service, in future please ask at front desk and they will be happy to organise it so that the tv wakes you at your requested time.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend in order to visit local attractions; the hotel is well situated for this. The reception staff were helpful as were other staff we encountered. The room was excellent, clean, beds comfortable, quiet too so able to sleep well. We ate in the Chinese within the hotel and the food was fine, reasonably priced and the service good. The only downside was having to pay for parking at £6 per night - remember to collect your token before leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
So pleased that your stay was so successful and thank you very much for saying so.
I do hope that you will come back again now that you have found us-we will look forward to that!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for one night in September, we had a club room and the room was very nice, access to the club room for wine and nibbles was great. After we checked in we decided to use the spa facilities, what a let down!! The whole area is very tired and in need of a serious makeover, there were childrens swimming lessons going on so far from a relaxing spa environment we had a room full of noisy kids! to top it off the parents all sit around the jacuzzi area so if you want to us the jacuzzi you felt like a fish in a bowl!!
Ate at the hotal in the oriental restaurant, the food here is absolutely first class, I would recommend it to anyone.
Breakfast was also very nice. Overall I would recommend the hotel but would urge the management to look very closely at the spa area as it lets the hotel down quite badly

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments - it is always gratifying to hear that we are 'getting it right' and it was very good of you to say so.
I have spoken to the Manager in Le Club and he was extremely concerned that you did not enjoy your visit. He has fully taken your point regarding the parents who stay and watch their young children have their swimming lesson and will take immediate steps to stop this practice - not the easiest thing to manage I suppose but we can see that it is neccessary, I confirm the lesson times to help you on any further visits and these are water babies 9 - 2 on Saturdays and the older children of 6 - 8 who have their swimming lessons on Sundays between 11 - 1, in both cases the pool is halved longways.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again and that the above information, which is displayed in the hotel, helps you to plan your use of the health club in a more satisfactory and relaxed manner.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of the two day legoland package via the legoland website. Chose hotel due to the distance from the park and was pleased that it was only a 15 minute drive away which was great especially after an exhausting day at legoland. Parking was easy and plentiful.

Check in was easy and simple and involved no queuing whatsoever, the girl checking us in was very knowledgable and provided us with information regarding good areas to go to in Windsor for food rather than only pushing the hotel restaurants and was good with my son also.

The room was lovely and had two double beds rather than a double and sofa bed which we'd expected. My son loved having a big bed to himself!

Despite there being a wedding party at the hotel and fearing the worst we heard nothing and had a really good sleep.

Breakfast was included in the price and very good as we 'fuelled up' for another day at legoland. Only problem we had was keeping the hot food containers open whilst balancing a plate and serving the food onto the plate...needed three hands really. Service was ok around the eating area although not exactly service with a smile.

Would definitely come back again for a visit to legoland or any of the other nearby attractions.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful review! Thank you so very much, apart from the obvious reasons why we liked it so much I can see that it would be helpful and informative to anyone planning a trip, which is exactly what this site was set up for I suppose!.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back - dont wait for Legoland, Windsor and the surrounding areas are great for entertainment and London isnt far away with its museums and Thames cruises, London Eye and more history than I could ever remember (even if I had learned it all in the first place)....
Thank you again, much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#7 of 21 in Slough

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!