“Some good things,some not!”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had 3 rooms on the 07/09/13. There were 10 of us altogether,rooms 421,424 and 425. The parking was a nightmare,all the spaces seemed to be used up with brand new cars.took a while to find 2 spaces.also if you have a big car,its very hard to get around as its very tight.the rooms were spacious and clean.we had views of the castle.our tele worked in room 421 but the tele didnt work in the other rooms.we didnt tell reception as werent too bothered.i dont think anybody slept well.doors were banging shut all night long and people talking or arguing outside our rooms.especially 3am.there was also a slight buzzing noise from a fan outside? Breakfast was ok,nice variety of food and warm.drinks and biscuits were nice.the pool and whirlpool were nice.as it was my sons birthday on the 7th,when we checked in i had arranged for the ask albert,the childrens concierge package.i thought this would be a nice touch.it wasnt in our room,i asked reception and they said it would be.it still didnt come so i phoned reception.the bear and bag were brought up about 9.15 pm but no ice cream so i had to phone again.by 10pm my son was asleep without the ice cream.a shame really.although reception were nice and cancelled my payment which really,they should have.i left my ipad charger in the room and hopefully after 7 phone calls to housekeeping and reception,they are hopefully posting it to me.overall,a good price,good clean rooms,just noisy and a bit of a shambles really.would not return due to lack of sleep and all 10 of us very tired.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was sorry to hear that some elements of your stay were disappointing and apologise for any shortfall in our standards, however, we were pleased to see that you were happy with breakfast, your rooms and Le Club. I was particularly concerned that the Ask Alfred package was delivered late (we were waiting for our delivery of Teddies which didnt materialise and our staff had to go to a sister hotel to borrow some) and that your son didnt get his ice cream, I was relieved to hear that we refunded the package charge which hopefully went someway towards redeeming ourselves in your eyes. I do hope that he enjoyed his birthday weekend and that you might decide to come back when I would be delighted to oversee your stay personally to ensure your stay is seamless and memorable for all the right reasons.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked a great deal through Travelzoo for 2 nights for my sons Birthday treat and visits to Legoland, Thorpe park and Windsor. I emailed ahead to ask a couple of questions and mentioned that it was my sons Birthday while we were there and had a great response back from Maggie who was very helpful and answered all my questions and more. On the day we had a smooth checkin and was very pleasantly surprised to hear we had been upgraded. Our room was fabulous, large airy and the bed was very comfortable. Most of the staff we encountered where very friendly and helpful. There was even a Birthday card and a little something left for my sons Birthday which made him feel very special.
We used the pool and spa area several times which could do with a little updating but we enjoyed them none the less, again the staff where friendly and helpul.
We will not hesitate to visit it again as with the deal we had was excellent value for money and in a great location for lots to do. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay and look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Moomin1975
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind review and for your appreciation. We are always so pleased when our guests share their family treats with us especially when its childrens celebrations and it is probably the part of my job that I like best......
So pleased to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us again, please let me know when.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff of the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had stayed here for 2 nights in April 2012 and found it to be satisfying. Rooms are spacious and all basic amenities are covered. Reception manager and room service staff were courteous. All in all a decent experience. Breakfast was good though with a nice spread.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this review which we all found a pleasure to read. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again should your travels bring you back to this part of the world.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we arrived a woman infront of us was demanding her money back and declaired everything was dirty in her room, the lady at the next counter was being offered a camp bed in a room because she didnt want to pay for a double room because there was no twin rooms left which she had booked. Behind us there was a big que as a wedding party arrived. This wasnt a good start we were then asked to hang around while the room was made ready a number of people were doing the same thing in the bar area. When we got to our room there was dirty cups and glasses in the hall way outside but we opened the door and our room was clean thankfully The bed was very comfortable and there was a large selection of reading material.

Room Tip: Make sure you have written proof of what you booked in your hand when booking in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this review. Sounds like a particularly busy check in time to me.........sorry you were held up, without knowing dates I imagine you were here on the weekend when housekeepings saturday morning room departures were seriously impacted by the lateness of our linen delivery as of course all rooms that are marked as departures need at the very least, fresh sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases.
I was pleased to see that your bed was comfortable and that your stay was a success.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked on line through laterooms .Overnight stay to attend a funeral the next day.Ordered a clubroom, after looking at charges for car parking and breakfast which are add ons if you book a standard room. Slightly dated, however Idealy situated . The staff were excellent the room was spacious with complimentary mini bar contents (soft drinks and bottled water) club lounge was quiet and an excellent view of Windsor castle. complimentary canopes and wine served at 1800. and continental breakfast from 0600 should one wish . We chose the buffet breakfast in the restaurant which was good . Overall a good place to stay if you book through laterooms.
our bill came to £97 which when compared to the clubroom price of £210 when booking direct is excellent value for money. One small complaint :- Ther is no temperature control on the aircon. only a fan switch.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments which are appreciated by us very much indeed.
One thing, we do not actually have a/c in this hotel although we are looking forward to its install very much indeed, in the meantime we have comfort cooling, which does not chill the ambient temperature down quite as effecitively as a/c does but nevertheless has proved successful since its install when the hotel was built.
Unfortunately I am unable to check the controls that you refer to without a room number but I fully expect this to be reported by the room attendant which of course will be picked up by our maintenance team for repair.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again, hopefully in happier circumstances.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 5 nights and wasn't too impressed with the room quality. A lot of the furniture and bathroom is dated and obviously worn - needs touching up/replacing.

The service desk seemed very often understaffed however the few staff present were friendly and helpful.

The food available in the restaurant was modest and decent but I would avoid the overpriced takeaway quality Asian restaurant.

The cleaning of the rooms was excellent and the sleep was good other than a noisy elevator. Tea, TV and shower were all in order.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Zak A

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this review.
I was extremely disappointed to hear that there were elements of your stay that you were not entirely satisfied with, you do not say if you mentioned any of this to our team on front desk as I feel certain that if you had, especially on a long stay, they would have been keen to make you feel as comfortable and as 'at home' as possible.
We are in the middle of a rolling refurbishment programme which has made huge improvements in our hotel, we are working our way down the floors at the moment with a designated secure business floor already finished to very good effect.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, room bit dated and shabby. It was hot and air con ineffective. Wifi extra, car park extra, breakfast £13 extra. Staff helpful and well trained. All in all ok but better value to be had out there it's a £80 per night hotel but cost me£110 per night so I guess it depends on what you pay for stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to write this review. Sorry that you found your room warm in the last stages of our summer, as you have probably read from previous reviews, we are not yet fitted with air conditioning here, we do however have comfort cooling, which does cool the temperature down but does not chill it as an air conditioning unit would. We ensure that there are fans in all wardrobes for our guests added comfort.
Glad that you appreciated our lovely team here, they will all be pleased to read that!
I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again.
Kind regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff here at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!