“Good quality, pleasant staff and a great location for Legoland!”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My husband, son aged 5 and myself stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Legoland. We booked through Legoland and managed to get a reasonable rate which included tickets, breakfast (normaly £16.95 per head) and parking (£6 per day). We arrived quite late on the Friday night but had no problems with check in and were quite quickly on our way to our room on the 4th floor. The room itself was quite spacious and had a put up bed in addition to the double bed and the bedding was clean and fresh. There was no minibar as this was classed a standard room - you only get a minibar if you upgrade to a Club Room. All in all the room was fine although the air conditioning was not great and the room was very warm - I wouldn't like to imagine the temp during the summer. The bathroom was clean and tidy and the towels were nice and fluffy. The shower was fantastic. We ordered room service which was prompt and courteously delivered although nothing special for the cost. Breakfast was very organised with a good selection. On the Saturday evening a wedding was underway in the Hotel. There was some noise but we were all able to get to sleep quite easily - after a full day in Legoland you could probably sleep standing up. However - yes you guessed it - at 5.25am the fire alarm went off so off we all trudged outside. Again it seemed quite organised however it was quite apparent some people were still in their rooms and remained there during the exercise. We were back in our rooms for 5.45am. The hotel is in a good location for Legoland and while we didn't dine in the hotel we were quite close (2 miles) to a Toby Carvery which was of good quality and great value. Parking is available in the hotel car park which is well lit, has CCTV and an attendant although trying to get a space when a function is on was difficult. We would not hesitate to return if we visited Legoland again. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant which definately made a difference to our stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed March 19, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night when visiting Windsor. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff were attentive. We did have to be moved 3 times, as the first two bedrooms had a noisy extractor fan noise, however the final room they placed us in was perfect. The swimming pool was clean and the gym was well equipped. I would recommend this hotel if you can get good rates as it is a great base for many local attractions.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed February 12, 2008

We stayed for two nights for a wedding. Firstly- the Grill restaurant had a fine menu and the food was first class and the staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. Secondly the Bar staff (especially the young South African Manager) went out of their way to ensure all the wedding guests,, on both nights in the main Bar and the Wedding Bar, were served quickly and efficiently and the Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and roomy but no mini Bar although advertised. Our room had no heating and it took three phone calls and three hours to get heat . The bad side was the Breakfast restaurant. There was nothing wrong with the food and the choice but it was almost cold on both mornings and not topped up - our tea and coffee was less than luke warm and no one seemed to care about the lack of hot food or drinks. Sad, as the Hotel was very good. Overall a good weekend break.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Stayed here for a night as they had some good offers on. Hotel itself was pretty easy to find - only a minute's drive off the M4. The car park is chargeable, as well as cctv they also have a security guy who patrols it. Staff, friendly and efficient, didn't come across as being warm though. Room itself not bad but not really 4 star quality - I would give it 3 stars. The bedroom was clean as was the bathroom but gave the feeling that it could all do with modernising a bit. The Marriott Slough/Windsor one junction further down on the M4 has nicer bedrooms though. All in all it was acceptable and I would stay again to take advantage of very attractive rates but I would never pay the 'standard' rates they publish on their website.

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We booked this hotel to enable us to day trip to Legoland. The hotel was booked via the Legoland website and was a great hotel for this purpose.

The hotel was really clean, friendly and very good value for money. The breakfast was tasty and very filling, as much as you would want to eat.

I would throughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2007

My Boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night. When we arrived at the hotel we were given the key to our room we went off to the room and in checking the room out we pealed open the sheets to find out that someone had gone to the toilet on the bed. We called reception who moved us to a different rooms once we asked for them to do this.

Our new room was clean. So we went down to the bar and had some food - food was pleasant but was very expensive as was the bar.

We then checked out confirmed the correct payment and thought that was it! But No we were double charged for our room. I called the hotel and eventually got told they would refund me the double room bill but I was booked into the hotel twice so they shouldn't normally do that and I was to make sure that I didn't double book in future - the receptionist was very rude to me. I had only received one booking confirmatiion so not sure how I was supposed to know I was double booked.

I complained about this and the only response I got was a phone call to tell me that if I wanted to book with this hotel again, which I most certainly don't, I was to call up and book so as not to double book.

Utterly disappointed with the service and do not recommend anyone to stay there!!!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank ninegregory
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Having just returned from a stay at this fabulous hotel, I have nothing but praise for the hotels ammenities and very helpful staff.
Everything about our stay was superb, and wouldn't hesitate in booking again in the future.
Well done Copthorne Hotel, Slough, Windsor.

Stayed: October 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#7 of 21 in Slough

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!