“fabulous 1 night stay”

Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed November 9, 2012

i booked a club room with late rooms.com for 1 night as we were picking our daughter and grandson from the airport so we treated ourselves to a night stay. On arrival to the hotel the manageress was absolutely lovely, she was very helpfull and kind . We had a complimentary drink from the bar before going to our room . Our room was very spacious ,and clean ,the bathroom had a selection of toiletries,and there was even a telephone in the bathroom!!!! there was a lovely view of windsor castle too.. In the evening we dined in the bar, the meal was from the a la carte menu and it was delicious ,in the club room there was complimentary wine, soft drinks ,tea ,coffee and superb cheese board with selection of crackers, bread rolls and selection of cold meats .As we didn,t have time for a full breakfast we had a continental breakfast in the club room ,again a lovely selection for everyone to chose from! Overall we had a fabulous time and i would not hesitate to stay here again in fact at time of writing this review i am planning to book the same room but this time for a long weekend in january for my birthday !! I am really looking forward to staying here again and will definately treat my self to some beauty treatments and use the swimming pool as i didn,t have time on this visit on behalf of my husband and myself i wish the manager/manageress and all the staff a very happy christmas and happy new year 2013

Room Tip: book a club room they are very good value for money !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jewels752
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
What wonderful comments. Thank you very much. So pleased to hear that your stay was such a good one, you certainly made the most of your limited time - we will look forward to welcoming you back for your birthday in January - why dont you book with me (beauty treatments too) and I will oversee your complete stay for you to ensure as it as special as it deserves to be.
That was our first happy Christmas! We all wish you and your family the same and a bright and peaceful New Year.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 with my husband, who was working in the area. The rooms are ok, if a bit tired and in need of redecoration. The bathroom was a bit shabby and I needed to fight with the shower to get it to stay on. We ordered room service on the first night. The order was wrong and when the right order came it was cold. We complained and they brought us fresh food without hesitation. The breakfast selection was really good, but the staff are not too interested in you unless you're wearing a business suit, which I wasn't. The food was nice and hot and plentiful. The fitness quite was well-equipped and the staff were nice. The pool, steam and sauna were excellent. The oriental Bugis Street Brasserie was fantastic! Great food, lovely attentive staff!

All in all it was ok, but I would not call it four star. We went from there to a Jury's hotel in Milton Keynes and it was far nicer and fresher.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a couple of times and the soundproofing is excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I was disappointed to read of the issues surrounding your room service order and apologise for what must have been a very frustrating episode indeed.
I cannot agree that any of our team have a preference for corporate customers over families and leisure guests - I am just sorry that you thought so, however, I have passed your comments on to our food & beverage manager and asked him to monitor the situation closely.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Leisure Club and Bugis Street.
I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back when I would suggest you ask for one of our newly refurbished rooms and tell us why.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here during our recent trip to Legoland Windsor as the Legoland Hotel did not have a room that would accomodate 5. The Copthorne Slough was a perfect spot and we had adjoining rooms which each had WC facilities but shared a bathroom. The price was reasonable considering it included the park entry tickets and the staff we very pleasant.
I would note that the restaurants are not sufficiently large, not sufficiently well staffed to cater for the volume of people requiring feeding so there was considerable delays waiting for both a table, and the food. However, given that we were all in holiday form it didn't bother us much and the food was good when it came.
The legoland Park is an easy drive from here and both hotel and Park have loads of car parking so transfers were very straighforward.
I would receommend this hotel to anyone looking for room to accomodate more than four people without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments. I was pleased to hear that you and your family were comfortable and happy here with us and that you found us to be good value for money.
Sorry that you had to wait for a table at breakfast, between Retrouve, the Bar & Bugis Street we can seat 190 people at any given time which works perfectly well, unless of course on the certain mornings over the weekend, when all our families come down at the same time, when a short queue is unavoidable.
Thank you for your recommendation, that means a great deal to all of us.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have just come back from our one night stay at this hotel. We booked with last minute.com and asked for interconnecting rooms because we had two adults and two children, one 4 and one 13 with us. Lastminute told us this room was allocated to us and it was ours for the night.
When we got to the hotel, we were told at reception that the rooms were not available. The booking rep had been told that the Copthorne could no promise this room. Lastminute blatantly lied to us.
But the staff at the Copthorne could not do more to help. A lovely lady called Shannon upgraded us to a suite which had a room with a double bed and a room with a double sofa bed. We then asked for a wheel in bed to be brought in so the children didn't have to share. House keeping promptly came to make up the children's beds.
Breakfast was good, however there was no salt or pepper and this was also missing when we ordered room service the night before. There was also no jams or conserves. Only two jars of marmalade which I hate.
Overall, a very lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nia_Dave
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. So sorry to hear that you had issues with Lastminute.com, in their defence I must say that such a problem is rare, however, I can appreciate your undoubted frustration which I am very pleased to hear, we were able to help remedy.
I will forward your comments regarding salt pepper and jams to our food & beverage manager, they are normally on the tables - apologies that they were all missing on the morning of your stay.
I do hope that you will come & stay with us again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was at the hotel for two nights for a weekend break. The room was spacious and more than adequate for my stay. The leisure facilities were well equipted, spacious and relaxing (poolside), the leisure staff were particularly helpful when I had checked out of the hotel by carrying my luggage to my car for me. I thoroughly enjoyed my meals there and found all the staff to be helpful and very polite.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting an easy, stress-free weekend!

Room Tip: Like the idea of the fifth floor being adults only!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Pleased to see that all our departments rally round to help our guests, quite right too!
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed for two nights at this hotel and booked two rooms for ourselves and our children,rooms are tired and in need of a bit of TLC.Parking is extra at £6 per day if you can find a space.We tried on the first night to eat at the hotel after waiting fourty minutes at the bar to get a drink we decided not to eat and go elsewhere but it kind off took away from the fact of booking a hotel with dining facility.Mentioned problem to. Duty manager but they seemed unaware of the problem,you can't relax in the bar as there is a phone constantly ringing which every member of staff ignores( maybe put calls to reception where staff where chatting and unaware of problem). Breakfast is ok but the dining room is a bit off a free for all with not much guidance from mamgement.Good luck in finding a member off staff that understands what jam is!!!. Stayed her three times previous and never experienced a stay as bad as this one.Nuts and bolts is I've spent £500 in the hotel and we feel quite let down.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you mention. I will share your comments with our food & beverage manager and ask that he addresses your concerns.
It sounds as if your stay was on one of the busiest weekends of the year - which I do not offer as any form of excuse.
We are in the middle of a rolling refurbishment plan which has been in operation for the last few months and is evident in most departments. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when I would suggest you ask for one of our refurbished rooms and tell us why.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Package deal 2 days in legoland,family room at hotel with extensive breakfast for 4 came to £240- when you consider that the gate price at legoland would be around £150 per day that is amazing. They do a buffet dinner which was ideal for hungry tired kids - no waiting - and could make their own pizzas if wished for the chef to cook. Adult food really good and varied, and price especially for kids was good value ( £4.95 for 5 year old, £7.95 for 9 year old). I think adults were around £15.95 . Rooms clean, at present no cooling air con so watch very hot summer days . ONLY complaint - new restaurant staff left huge piles of dirty dishes on tables immediately behind us for the duration of our meal that kept being added to - those of a more delicate disposition may have found it off putting ! I'd go back - no problem

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank DocHolliday2

Dear Guest,
thank you for your comments, very pleased that your stay was a good one and that you considered us to be value for money, which is very important to us all.
Apologies for the slow service, I have ensured our food & beverage manager is alerted and will monitor this situation closely in future.
So pleased to hear that you will be happy to come back, we will be happy to welcome you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!