We were looking for basic, affordable accommodation for a trip to London and Thorpe Park. We chose this based on the reviews from Tripadvisor and I have to say, it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were modern with great facilities and comfy beds. There's an on-sight bar and restaurant - we had a pizza and chocolate fudge cake and although the pizza was fairly bland it was nice. Wouldn't want to stay here for a gourmet dinner or anything, but for snacks and general bar food it is fine. Polite staff, clean, affordable, and great location. Just a 20 minute drive to Thorpe park (and directly off the M4 coming from Cornwall - so avoiding the M25 which is always a bonus) and a five minute taxi ride to Slough station for a connection into London (£6-8 fare for the taxi). There is on-sight parking as well for £5 a day so quite reasonable really.
Overall I was very happy with the stay and would definitely recommend. We were even asked when we were checking out, that if we could rate it between 1-10 what would it be...we gave it a 9 because there's always room for improvement, but at least it shows they care.
FYI the Holiday Inn express was right by Slough station if you want to save on taxi fares, but not actually seen what it is like inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is set in the heart of the Thames Valley, less than 20 miles from central London, convenient for the M25 and Heathrow. The hotel, located at Jct 6, M4 is near to Windsor Castle and Legoland Windsor. Add to this Eton, Ascot and Windsor Race Courses, then the hotel is the ideal base for your stay. Holiday Inn Slough Windsor offers a warm welcome, outstanding service and friendly staff. With 150 air-conditioned bedrooms, offering ensuite bath and shower, high speed internet access (chargeable), pillow menu and some rooms have a view of Windsor Castle. This friendly hotel offers Kids Stay and Eat Free and whether for breakfast or dinner, the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor's Brasserie offers a range of international cuisine or choose the bar where light meals and snacks are available, as well as being an ideal place for informal meetings. The Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is well located for Slough Trading Estate, Thames Valley Business Parks and Green Park. The hotel has 4 meeting rooms for up to 40 delegates, all with wireless internet, natural daylight and air conditioning. With easy access to the M4, M25 and Heathrow, the hotel is ideal for business meetings. More guests choose the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor because we offer a great night's sleep, great value breakfast and priority club rewards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor Hotel Slough
- Holiday Inn Windsor Berkshire
- Slough Holiday Inn