“Nice place to stay, but check your location before booking”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First of all, I wanted to visit Windsor Castle and its surroundings, and based on the mixed reviews I've read I booked here; however, I only learned (albeit) too late that this hotel is NOT close to Windsor Castle. In fact you'll have to pay £8-10 for a cab to get to Windsor. Windsor Castle is not a 15-minute walk from this hotel - it is approx 4km away!

There is no train station nearby (that refers to Holiday Inn Express Slough), no shopping malls, or proper restaurants. However, the friendly staff were happy to show us maps (printed from Google maps with hard to read directions) on how we can walk to the nearest train station so we can get to Windsor. We opted for a cab (£10) to go visit the castle. After visiting the castle, we found the surroundings there more pleasant, and worthwhile, that we checked out the same day (barely 2 hours in our room). However, we paid for a full night's stay including an extra £50 for cancelling our second night.

I'm sorry to say the location for this hotel is just terrible for tourists. If you're stopping over for the night in between flights, it's a fantastic location - less than 15 minutes to Heathrow Airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Xine139,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are sorry you were not well satisfied with the location of our hotel. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly for improvements. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and were extremely impressed with EVERYTHING! The food was absolutely delicious and great value for money specially the kids buffet. The rooms were lovely and clean, air con was a delight! Loved how the 2 rooms were joined also so the kids could go in and out when they pleased. We stayed here as we were going to Legoland and its an easy and quick route from the hotel to the park.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 210 and had no complaints at all!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here through Legoland and booked extra night. Absolutely brilliant. Clean, friendly, modern, good info on tv. Breakfast supberb, good bar prices and food prices, welcome pack for kids and good view with a massive family room. Brilliant for Windsor and a few minutes drive to Legoland. Would recommend and return. Well done guys and a big thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will pass these onto the staff.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a room on the 'executive' floor and it was like a regular room in other hotels I've stayed. The only perceived perk was the free wifi, which again in some hotels came with the regular rooms. The breakfast spread was minimal but it had the essentials. After the room had been cleaned, a used wine glass was left unwashed/unreplaced on the bedside table. The staff were nice and courteous. Overall, there was nothing exciting about the hotel and we'll most likely be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simplymoi

Thank you for your constructive comments. I have passed to the team for their information.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are thinking staying close to Windsor area, don't.
We stay for 1 night and I it was my worst night in a Hotel, the outside temperature was 28 degrees inside the room 35 degrees, if you open the window to let some air in the noise from the Railway Station was terrible, about 11.30 pm, after I complained twice they change me to another room as member of the Holiday Inn IHG Rewards Club I was very disappointed with the explanation about the air conditioning was not working.

Room Tip: You will hear the train at any room in the Hotel. We have room 214 and we were moved to room 701...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorgeyanelli
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments, however I believe that you were staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Slough, which is next to the Railway Station.

We are the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was one of worst hotels I ever stayed in. Staff highly unorganized, very chaotic with some lack of English. It didn't bother me that much even thou sometimes it could have been perceived as being rude like "what you want" questions. The smell from restaurant was odd and lifts were not working properly (broken buttons with lights off). Only cleaning service was excellent and very polite. There was police patrol/fire brigade entering this hotel few times which was also disturbing. No minibar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Krzysztof G
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

We are sorry that your expectations was met to the full. However, thank you for your time

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for 7 days - in Slough on business and needed something nearby. Rooms a mediocre for the price range. The price is high, by 25-50% versus comparable or better hotels very nearby.

Unless you are into Pakistani cuisine, there are no decent restaurants nearby as far as I can tell.

My biggest complaint is with the management or lack thereof. I checked in early, and they wanted to charge me 50 pounds but would refund if I was a member of their hotel program. I had no idea at the time. They could of just looked it up but didn't - I was a member after all.

I needed scissors - front desk: I will have to ask the manager.

My phone doesn't work - I will have to ask the manager to help (phone never did work and eventually I just gave up).

Can't get the air conditioning to come on - you guessed it - I am sorry sir, I will call the manager to come up and help you with that.....

Not all the room ammenities every night - yep - sorry sir, we don't got - ask service after 7:30.

I am soooo tired of this!

Send me home! PLEASE! NOW!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. This is not the service that is normal at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor, however thank you for highlighting this and I will ensure that the team are briefed,

However, we would like to welcome you back at some stage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
1 mi away
#7 of 21 in Slough
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!