“I expected better”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Slough
London, United Kingdom
“I expected better”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a room on the 'executive' floor and it was like a regular room in other hotels I've stayed. The only perceived perk was the free wifi, which again in some hotels came with the regular rooms. The breakfast spread was minimal but it had the essentials. After the room had been cleaned, a used wine glass was left unwashed/unreplaced on the bedside table. The staff were nice and courteous. Overall, there was nothing exciting about the hotel and we'll most likely be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simplymoi
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your constructive comments. I have passed to the team for their information.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are thinking staying close to Windsor area, don't.
We stay for 1 night and I it was my worst night in a Hotel, the outside temperature was 28 degrees inside the room 35 degrees, if you open the window to let some air in the noise from the Railway Station was terrible, about 11.30 pm, after I complained twice they change me to another room as member of the Holiday Inn IHG Rewards Club I was very disappointed with the explanation about the air conditioning was not working.

Room Tip: You will hear the train at any room in the Hotel. We have room 214 and we were moved to room 701...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jorgeyanelli
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments, however I believe that you were staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Slough, which is next to the Railway Station.

We are the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor.

Travelers are raving about these Slough hotels

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was one of worst hotels I ever stayed in. Staff highly unorganized, very chaotic with some lack of English. It didn't bother me that much even thou sometimes it could have been perceived as being rude like "what you want" questions. The smell from restaurant was odd and lifts were not working properly (broken buttons with lights off). Only cleaning service was excellent and very polite. There was police patrol/fire brigade entering this hotel few times which was also disturbing. No minibar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Krzysztof G
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We are sorry that your expectations was met to the full. However, thank you for your time
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for 7 days - in Slough on business and needed something nearby. Rooms a mediocre for the price range. The price is high, by 25-50% versus comparable or better hotels very nearby.

Unless you are into Pakistani cuisine, there are no decent restaurants nearby as far as I can tell.

My biggest complaint is with the management or lack thereof. I checked in early, and they wanted to charge me 50 pounds but would refund if I was a member of their hotel program. I had no idea at the time. They could of just looked it up but didn't - I was a member after all.

I needed scissors - front desk: I will have to ask the manager.

My phone doesn't work - I will have to ask the manager to help (phone never did work and eventually I just gave up).

Can't get the air conditioning to come on - you guessed it - I am sorry sir, I will call the manager to come up and help you with that.....

Not all the room ammenities every night - yep - sorry sir, we don't got - ask service after 7:30.

I am soooo tired of this!

Send me home! PLEASE! NOW!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. This is not the service that is normal at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor, however thank you for highlighting this and I will ensure that the team are briefed,

However, we would like to welcome you back at some stage.
Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace. Just two miles from Windsor itself and a little further to Hampton Court. Room we stayed in was quite smart and had been refurbished last year, good size too with two double beds which were very comfortable. Hotel was busy with families going to LEGOLAND but all children were well behaved. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than adequate with a good choice, we certainly did not leave the table hungry!! Toaster was temperamental but I have learned throughout the world it is quite often the same and takes an age to brown the bread nicely. Lounge was a little dated and in need of refurb too but it was clean and comfortable. Bar prices were reasonable also. All in all everything was I expected for the Star rating of this hotel and I would consider staying there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Handy location for both Heathrow airport and visiting Windsor. Didn't charge for wi-fi but did charge £5 daily for parking. Nice restaurant and bar on the premises. Bathrooms are rather tired and dated but serviceable. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JaneySheehan, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments.
south wales
Reviewed July 22, 2013

stayed for 1 night on a weekend trip to Oxford and Windsor, The bedroom was lovely 2 double comfy beds with a choice of pillows, flatscreen tv, very modern decor. The sink in the bathroom was badly scratched and the bath a bit worse for wear, the towels were again spotless and there were even spare ones in the cupboard. The evening meal was ok nothing to write home about but the breakfast was really good. No drawers to put clothes in but we were only there for 1 night so it wasn't a problem. There is nothing around there and the drinks in the bar very expensive. (advise to take your own if you fancy a drink) Staff were pleasant enough and check in was extremely quick considering we were a bus trip. all in all we paid less than £60 for the whole weekend including food, travel and hotel. definitely a bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!