“Freezing Rooms!!!!”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel fine, rooms clean just absolutely freezing. One little heater in room which I had to switch on which gave out less heat than my car!!! Gone to bed in layers of clothes :( cant understand why there are no radiators in here?? Glad only staying for one night! Hope to god there is some hot water in the morning!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Amanda R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Amanda R,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. Your input has been shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Used this Hotel for a vist to Legoland with Grandson . Ideal position for Legoland which is only a 15 mins away. Staff very helpfull . Rooms very good would stay again.We had goody bags as part of the deal so everybody was happy .Beds comfortable good breakfast . Good value

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank panperry
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments following you stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor regarding the staff and breakfast. The team work hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will welcome your feedback. We are very pleased with our refurbished bedrooms and I am glad you found the beds to be comfortable.

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to feedback and it is very pleasing that you would definitely return to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel is just of the M4 spur at jnct 6, make it very convenient for London with good links for visitors and tourists alike to nearby Windsor, Henley and Marlborough. Good parking and a welcoming front desk staff make this hotel a good choice for business as well as leisure . Rooms are conmfortable and spacious and above all very clean.

Room Tip: rooms on the 8th Floor enure you have no noisy neighbours above you to disturb your sleep
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and especially the fact that you found the reception team welcoming and the rooms to be comfortable and clean.

As you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located just off the M4 motorway and is therefore convenient for Heathrow, Slough, Windsor and easy access to London.

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor very soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a day long meeting in Slough on the Thursday and so decided to travel down on Wednesday have a relaxing stay and be fresh for the following day. I felt my company owed me a bit of a bonus so selected the top end an Executive room at 124.00 inc breakfast.
Arrived on the afternoon of the Wednesday. Had a drink in the bar and then up to my room all seemed good apart from a badly cracked but repaired washbowl and some missing toiletries. Couldn't be bothered to complain as I had my relaxed head on.
A quick shower and out to explore the delights of Slough. I arrived back later that evening had another shower checked out the menu and then down to the restaurant for a bite.
That when things started to go wrong. A bottle of Echo Falls,Tesco Express price 4.95, is being charged out at 17.95!! Now I appreciate they need to make a profit but that is a greedy mark up on what is well known barbecue plonk. I don't know about other Trip Adviser users but once I see evidence that I am being suckered I just move away. As the dishes being served didn't look that good ( check out other TA pics) I went to the local supermarket and bought a bottle of Echo Falls a cooked chicken and a packet of munchy veg all for less than fifteen quid.
Off to bed and a movie at 10.00 quid or what about slow clunky WiFi at 13.95 for 24hrs? Nah. Headphones on I listened to a pod cast and fell asleep.
I was awoken around 12:30 by low droning coming from the ceiling above my head. It went in cyclical manner. After a few minutes it stopped with a dong five minutes later it started again. After thirty minutes or so of trying to sleep and ignore the noise I decided to explore and find the source. It was louder in the passageway and I walked to the far end and up to the top floor I could not open the door but through the window it was clear from all the flashing lights this floor carried some serious equipment. Back in my room I contacted the desk and complained. I was moved to a lesser room on the fifth floor.
This was a standard room I was told and that my rate would be adjusted at check out to reflect that. Yeah right!
This room was a standard! Although it didn't have the pretentious "Executive Room" nameplate, empty mini bar, free 250ml bottle of water and broken sink bowl of the "executive" room or the droning.
It did have all the other facilities more room and an extra queen size double bed!!
It was hot though and with the window open air con running and heater switched off it took ages before I could shut off the cooling. So bedtime was 3:15 and up at 6:00 with the planes. I had left the window open. My fault how could I forget Heathrow? Fatigue I suppose.
Red eyed and tired I went down for breakfast. Standard buffet stuff dry bacon and never a full compliment of dishes. The waiter asked whether I would like tea or coffee I chose coffee. It didn't really matter as it never arrived.
So my advice is complain early avoid the pretentious stuff book the cheapest and take your food and wine in with you. And if that doesnt work take a couple of sachets of coffee with you when you leave these can be dissolved under your tongue during the meeting and help you keep awake.
Oh and I received a discount of 50% on the bill Did I mention they charge 5.00 pounds a night for parking well they do. Would I stay again.Not on your life mate.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Executive rooms on the eighth floor. If offered an upgrade to these rooms refuse...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Brezett,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have never complained until now as I have always enjoyed my stay as the location is good and the service has always been ok. This stay though was horrendous as it was cold out but just as cold inside. I arrived into my room and the small wall radiator (electric) was on but clearly not up to the job so I tried the aircon/heater but this only blew cold. Eventually gave up and climbed into bed shivering. The next morning I asked my three colleagues if their rooms were the same plus one othe guest and all said yes. When I mentioned it to reception nothing was done to compensate and it seems we were just expected to suffer in silence. As a platinum priority club member with many colleagues and customers using this hotel I can vote with my feet and will be doing. Thank you Holiday Inn Slough for NOT caring.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am really pleased that on previous occasion that you have enjoyed staying at the hotel.

I am very sorry that you and your colleagues found the room to be cold when you recently stayed with us. We had turned on the heaters in all bedrooms to pre warm the rooms as we had seen that the weather was going to be cold and I apologise if the room was not warm enough. As you say we do have air conditioning units in the room that can be used to provide additional heat or cooling if required, however if it was blowing out cold air it must have been, regrettably, on the cooling setting. We also have a supply of free standing heaters that can be supplied to the guest rooms if required as we appreciate that guests have different preferences.

I am uncertain if you or your colleagues raised this with any of the team in the hotel as they would have been more than willing to help you resolve the temperature of the room or, if necessary, move rooms. I appreciate that a cold room is not acceptable and I am very sorry that you had an uncomfortable night.

I am disappointed that reception did not react to your comments at check out. They would normally be happy to address any issues raised by guests or if necessary call the Duty Manager to resolve.

Please be assured I will take all you feedback on board and that we do care about our guests and we will ensure that the rooms are pre heated to an acceptable temperature.

I really do hope your experience will not stop you staying at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor again in the future and as one of our valued Platinum Priority Club Member if you do find yourself back in the area needing a bedroom please call me directly and I will personally attend to your reservation.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent a night there during the last snow and chill blast (March 11). Arrived in my room at 11:00 p.m. - the heating has been obviously turned off for days and since outdore temp was below 0, it was freezing cold in the room. There is a tiny electric heater in the room only, which didn't manage to heat up the room during the night - it happened exactly what I expected : I'm sick with cold now ! I had the reservation for in advance, they knew the room will be taken - how can they keep the heating off ?!?!?! They just don't care !
Breakfast/Dinner is rather low to mediocre, and internet is expensive.
So, in fact, there is no reason really to go there !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay, I am very sorry that you found the room to be cold. We had turned on the heaters in all bedrooms to pre warm the rooms as we had seen that the weather was going to be cold. I apologise if your room was not warm enough.

We do have air conditioning units in the room that can be used to provide additional heat if required. We also have a supply of additional free standing heaters that can be requested from reception if required as we understand that guests have different preferences

I am uncertain if you raised this with any of the team in the hotel as they would have been more than willing to help you resolve the temperature of the room or, if necessary, move rooms. I appreciate that a cold room is not acceptable and I am very sorry that you had an uncomfortable night.

Please be assured I will take your feedback on board and will ensure that the rooms are pre heated to a acceptable temperature.

I really do hope your experience won't put you off using Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor again in the future and if you do find yourself back in the area needing a bedroom please call me directly and I will personally attend to your reservation.

Once again, thank you for competeling your review.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always good to stay at this specific Holiday Inn as it is so near to our favourite Italan restaurant in Windsor. Also good to have the Priority Platinum credit card to get an upgrade. Only problem is the high cost of breakfast at just under £ 18.00 which was cold when we tried it. Far better value to eat out. Otherwise an excellent htel to stay and the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Apply for the Priority Platinum card to get better rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor and that you found the hotel to be excellent and the staff were friendly. The team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will really appreciate your positive comments and that you scored us 5 out of 5.

Our breakfast is £13.95 if purchased on the day, however you can buy breakfast vouchers on check in for £9.95. We also offer rooms rates which include breakfast. For breakfast we offer a wide selection of fruits, yogurts, cereals, croissants, muffins, toast and preserves, as well as the hot buffet which makes a great start to the day. I am sorry that you found the buffet to be cold, I will speak to my Restaurant Manager regarding your comments on breakfast to ensure that the team are refreshing the buffet on a more frequent basis.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visitng the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
1 mi away
#7 of 21 in Slough
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!