“very very quiet, thick walls and thick floor...superb” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Calgary, Canada
“very very quiet, thick walls and thick floor...superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

excellent place to stay, only negative was the location, but i know that cant really be changed...but if a mini sainsburys/takeaway built next to it it would be 10/10.
i had to shop in a cultural shop (chalvey supermarket) which was quite difficult as i wanted some british food, the council should put a mini British supermarket near, seeing as foreigners stay in this hotel who i assume would like to explore British culture when they come to this country for leisure purposes.

MOST IMPORTANTLY it was sooooo quiet!! I am extremely pleased, NO babies, NO banging upstairs ( i was on the 3rd floor) as the floors were gentle to walk on and i didnt even hear the cleaners bang about before i checked out like i do with other hotels.

I was in the middle of the corridor and i thought i'd hear doors opening and closing, people talking, but i didnt. If its one thing i cant stand it's noise!! i had a great sleep! The beds were so comfortable, and they gave you many pillows :)

In the morning i went for breakfast, and i was served by a friendly gentleman who poured me some beans on toast. This was good for me, because i didn't have to ask him to do it. I have a disability which would have made this difficult but you would not notice it directly on me, so i didnt have to show him my arms in front of everyone! I stayed here on 1st day of March and got the room cheap and i would love to go again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be quiet and that you had a great night’s sleep.

I am also delighted that one of my team went out of their way to assist you at breakfast and I will make sure I share your comments with him.

Thank you again for your feedback, we do appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Leicestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here after a friend's wedding and got a pretty decent rate for bed and breakfast for 2 people. Really convenient location and easy to get to from the M4. Rooms were clean and adequate for what we wanted. We were able to check in slightly earlier than the time stated which was really helpful - we noticed quite a few people were doing the same thing, and everyone's rooms were ready. Considering it's location, we didn't hear any noise during the night. Staff were polite and courteous. Breakfast was good - nothing incredible, but a good selection of hot and cold food and staff were very attentive with tea and coffee requests. Check out was very smooth - I'd stay here again if we were in the area. The hotel itself is not the most picturesque of places, but it does it's job and we had no complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found the team to be polite and courteous. As you mention the hotel is conveniently located close to the M4, with easy access to Slough, Windsor and London.

When we have the rooms available, we do try to offer an early check, especially if guests have a special event to attend. I am pleased that you were able to get into your room and that you found this helpful.

I am delighted that you would stay with us again if you were in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor.

Thank you again for your kind comments.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I would never normally stay somewhere like this but the work travel tool picked it. I've stayed here several times over the years, and was pleased to see it has recently had a refurb.

Its still a dump. Absolutely soulless in every respect, manned by staff who clearly hate their employer.

Then I had the misfortune to eat here. £19.50 for an allegedly sirloin steak that was incredibly chewy and riddled with fat - see the photo of the bits I had to leave!

Then £5.50 for "Rocky Road Sundae" - again see the photo. Stale out of date marshmallows with one scoop of ice cream, truly horrible. How they can possibly serve crap like this just defies belief.

And how ANY hotel believes that you can still charge for wireless access in 2013...just go into administration already and free the world from this deeply unsatisfactory experience.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank OrgasmicCry
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay, your feedback is really appreciated and will help us to continue to improve the products and services we provide. My name is Janey Sheehan and I am the General Manager and I respond to all reviews. Reviews are very important to us and we always try to act upon guest comments to improve the hotel.

I have shared your feedback with my Head Chef regarding your steak and your dessert and he offers his sincere apologies to you. I have asked him to speak to our supplier about the quality of the steak, as you say this is not acceptable and I am sorry that it was not up to our normal quality. I can only offer my apologies for your dessert, we have set standards for all our menu items and this clearly was not correct. I am very sorry that you didn't mention this to any of my management team during your stay as they would have been happy to replace or refund the meal.

Wifi is chargeable at the hotel and is advertised as such and we do have a number of options which are available to guests such as internet inclusive packages. I am sorry that you are unhappy that we charge for Wifi however the quality, speed and security of some free systems is not comparable with the system we offer. I will ensure that your comments are passed back to our head office.

I am also disappointed that you felt the team were not welcoming, they do work hard to try and ensure every guest has a great experience and we have had many positive comments about the team.

Once again I am sorry about the issues you encountered,and I hope that you will decide to return to the hotel when you are next due to stay in the area which will allow us the opportunity to show you the high levels of service and care we normally offer. Please contact me at the hotel and I will be pleased to arrange your stay and to discuss your comments in greater detail.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Slough hotels

Stoke-on-Trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel has undergone a big refit and the improvement is clear the whole place is well decorated and furnished with new and very comfy beds. The rooms are also air conditioned but as it was snowing outside I didn't test that!

It suffers from the usual airport hotel problems of being a bit characterless and uniform, but the thing that really annoyed me was they feel the need to CHARGE for everything!

Breakfast extra
Car parking extra
Wifi extra
Food expensive
Drinks very expensive

I know it is all on expenses and I don't really care but you are fooling no-one and I don't like being treated like an idiot.

But they have spent money making it better so they do get the above average rating

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, we really appreciate receiving positive feedback from guests I am pleased that you like our refurbished bedrooms and that you found the beds to be comfortable. We are very proud of the refurbished bedrooms.

I note your comments about additional charges however there are a number of different options available when booking to cater for all, rates that include internet, breakfast, dinner and parking and if you are booking far enough in advance we offer some great deals. Next time you are due to stay in the Slough area, please contact the hotel directly and we will be happy to provide the relevant room rates.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor on their dinner bed and breakfast rate. The hotel boasts that it has recently been refurbished. Our seventh floor room was very clean, had two double beds, a choice of pillows, tea and coffee making facilities and a good television. However, we were shocked that internet was £12.95 for 24 hours access. The bathroom was clean but somewhat dated. Dinner was very pleasant but nothing exceptional (as one expects from a chain hotel like this). Breakfast was buffet style and a little lack-lustre. The hot buffet items looked rather tired and they was no offer of any form of eggs other than scrambled. The staff were very pleasant, helpful and polite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for you taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the staff to be pleasant, helpful and polite and that you found your room was very clean.

I note your comments regarding the cost of our Wifi, however the quality, speed and security of some free systems is not comparable with the system we offer and I will ensure that your comments are passed back to our head office. We do offer a number of different rates that include internet and if you contact the hotel directly next time you are looking to stay in the area we will be happy to provide the relevant room rates.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding breakfast, we offer scrambled eggs on the buffet but fried, poached or boiled eggs are available on request and there should have been a notice advising guests of the selection of eggs offered. I apologise if this wasn’t on display and I will speak to my Restaurant Manager regarding your comments on breakfast to ensure that the team are refreshing the buffet on a more frequent basis.

Once again I thank you for your feedback about your stay as this can only help us improve the guest experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We only stayed on night but had a great stay. The room were really clean, well set out. The bathroom was clean.
The room had a large queen bed, that had a choice of soft or firm pillows. The TV had free view, and there was two heaters in the room. Unlike other reviews, the panal heater was on low when we arrived, so although the room wasn't hot, it didn't take long to warm up once it was turned up. The air conditioning unit / heater was by the window and had instructions. Again this just added to the speed of warming up the room.

There are only a couple of niggles, the WiFi is charged and this is unusal in to days world, and you have to pay for the car park. They claim it is to stop locals but, each time you leave you have to swap your inbound parking ticket for a ticket to exit. If this is the way they control the car park, I don't see why they can't use the same practise to make it free and charge those who aren't residents. The only other moan is no heated towel rail but there were plenty of towels so it wasn't a real problem.

A real plus are the staff, they were helpful, efficient and very polite.

Becareful how you book. We didn't get a room with breakfast included. This cost us £14 each. But it was a lovely breakfast, with a choice of traditional full english or cold continental in a lovely atmosphere.

The hotel is really local for both Winsdor and Henley on Thames.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay, we appreciate receiving feedback from guests to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards. I am pleased that you had a great stay and that you found the staff to be helpful, efficient and very polite. The team do work very hard to try and ensure every guest has a great experience and they will really appreciate such positive comments.

As you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located just off the M4 motorway and is therefore convenient for Heathrow, Slough, Windsor, Henley and with easy access to London. I am pleased that you like our refurbished bedrooms and that you found them to be very clean, we are very proud of them.

I note your comments regarding the cost of our Wifi however the quality, speed and security of some free systems is not comparable with the system we offer however I will ensure that your comments are passed back to our head office. I am sorry that you were unhappy with charging for the car park. We have sufficient spaces for guests staying in the hotel and due to our location we need to ensure that these spaces are not taken by non-residential guests and therefore we do charge £5, however this is competitive with charges applied by other hotels in the area.

Once again many thanks for the review and your great score and I trust the next time you are visiting the area we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor.
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed overnight for Seminar at this hotel. Suprised how comfortable and quiet the rooms were. Tea & coffee making facilities provided plus an iron & ironing board in the room.

Breakfast was varied - plenty of choice - worth buying voucher in advance the night before rather than paying in the morning ( about £5 dearer).

Reception Staff helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank for you taking the time and effort to post your review, the team and I really appreciate the positive feedback. The reception team work really hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and they will welcome your comments.

I am pleased that you liked our refurbished bedrooms and that you found them to be quiet. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next visiting Slough.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Premier Inn Slough Hotel
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!