Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
Agoda.com
$36
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
$70
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
$64
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Slough(Slough)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$58
PremierInn.com
All reviewslegoland packagevisiting legolandgood sizetwo double bedsactivity packtea and coffeefamily roomper nightlego landplenty of parkingbuffet stylestayed here for one nightwould stay againrestaurant staffcar parkingfollowing morninghot food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here in October 2012, we had own 3 and a half little girl with us. We booked via the legoland website as a hotel break one day extra in the park. Holiday was only 5 miles from the park and almost on a direct straight road, we did use a satnav. On arriving my daughter received a activity pack with colouring book and crayons etc. The room was good size event if a camp bed thing up for my little girl. Evening meal was ok although on the more expensive side, and the kids buffet wasn't open when we arrive for dinner.
We would stay there again as its so near to the park and good value for money rather than staying a legoland it's self.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank dawnlou77
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay last year at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor. As you say we have a great location just off the M4 motorway, convenient for Legoland, Windsor and London.

I am pleased that you found the room to be a good size and your daughter liked her welcome pack. I am sorry that the kid’s buffet wasn’t open, I will feedback your comments to the Restaurant Manager as it should have been available when the restaurant opens.

I am delighted that you would chose to stay again as you found the hotel to be good value and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Cheap room, but you pay extra for parking and Internet. The decor was fine. The room was cold when I got in and had to wait for a panel heater to warm it up. Also the aircon unit which was also a heater didn't appeAr to work. The sink was chipped, the shower temperature control too sensitive and the bath too shallow. I didn't have breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay, I am pleased that you found the room to be good value. Rates for the hotel do vary on a day to day basis, there are a number of options available when booking to cater for all guests needs, we also run special promotional rates from time to time which are really great value for money and something to look out for.

Wifi is available throughout the hotel, as you say it is chargeable and there are a number of options available in terms of price and time that is required which caters for our guests needs.
I note your comments regarding parking, we do have sufficient spaces for guests staying in the hotel but due to our location we need to ensure that these spaces are not taken up by non residents and therefore we do charge car parking.

I am sorry that you found the room to be cold on arrival. All the air conditioning units have instructions on how they operate in the bedrooms and if you had contacted reception, our Duty Manager would have been happy to come and show you how to operate the unit. I am also sorry that you found the shower control too sensitive, I will ask my maintenance engineer to check the shower and replace the thermostat if required.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your stay and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for bed and breakfast over the Christmas period while spending the holiday with family nearby.
On check-in we were welcomed by a friendly a and efficient receptionist and my room was clean, large and very comfortable. The heater was easy to use although a little noisy. I switched it off overnight and the room remained reasonably warm. There was no traffic noise from the nearby main road. The bed was comfortable and I had a great nights' sleep.
The bar area was pleasant, though expensive, but we didn't spend much time there so it wasn't a problem but I think if you wanted an evening out a visit to Windsor would be best.
The staff were very friendly - especially the manageress who was very pleasant.
Breakfast was great - I paid in advance so it was very reasonable, though I do feel that maybe 9.30am is a bit early to finish service. Everything is on a self-service buffet basis so one prepares one's own toast - so I don't understand why anyone would complain of toast being too hard!
Paying in advance by internet gave me a great deal and I will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am pleased that you had a good night’s sleep.

I'm delighted you had such a great stay and I am very pleased to read your comments about the friendly staff, the team do work hard to try and ensure every guest has a great experience and I will pass on your kind comments.

I appreciate that you would be happy to stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor again and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are Slough area.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm loving the look of the rooms after the hotels refurb. It gives the hotel a more modern room. However, winter is not a good time to stay at this hotel. In the rooms they have wall mounted air conditioning systems which barely heat the room and are incredibly noisy. Good luck trying to get a sleep while your trying to heat your room.

The staff at this hotel are always pleasant.

Restaurant service is not the best, food is slow to come out and the menu is not the greatest.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynette R

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, both the positive and negative. I am particularly pleased about your comments regarding the team, they do work hard to ensure that guests have a pleasant experience and they will be happy that you have recognized this.

The bedrooms have recently been refurbished and I am pleased that you like the new decor, we are very proud of them. I am sorry that you found the rooms to be cold and the units to be noisy. Having listened to customer comments we have recently installed some additional heating in the bedrooms and the feedback has been very positive and I believe the rooms are now much warmer.

I was also disappointed to read about the restaurant service, I will share your comments with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef so they can focus on the food service and delivery.

Once again thank you for completing your review, your comments are truly helpful as they allow us to ensure we are focusing on the areas that we can improve. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came down to slough for the first time for a works chrsitmas party. It is easy to find and in a great location. The receptionist was a disappointment she didn't smile or say please and thankyou not a great first impression.
We were pleasantly surprised by the room it was modern and clean and the shower was really powerful better than some 5 star hotels.
For a 3 star hotel the bar menu prices are really expensive for a large glass of wine it was £6.45 so after the 1 we decided not to have another especially as we had to wait 10 minutes for reception to send over the waiter to the bar!
We slept well there was no noise or distractions.
The biggest dissapointment was the breakfast in the morning. The selction was poor the bread out for toast was so hard and not edible the hot food was tasty but we had to ask them to put it out as most food was empty then when we went to pay for it we were disgusted nearly £14 pounds each i wish at the time we had complained as we came away feeling robbed.
I would stay again just for the room and comfort but would not spend any money or food and drink there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xbeckstar

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay, we appreciate receiving feedback from guests, both positive and negative to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards. I am pleased that you found the bedrooms to be modern and clean and as you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located for Slough, Windsor, access to London and the motorway network.

I was very disappointed to read that you felt that the receptionist was not welcoming, we pride ourselves on trying to ensure that every guest has a positive experience and I will certainly share your feedback with the reception team. I am also sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast and feel it wasn’t good value. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hot food, although you had to wait for the buffet to be replenished. We try to ensure that the buffet is kept hot and fresh and therefore we aim to refresh the buffet on a regular basis rather than have large quantities sitting for long periods out on the buffet. I will ensure that I share your feedback with the breakfast team so we can ensure the consistency of the breakfast.

I am very sorry that you didn't mention this to any of the management team during your stay as they would have been happy to resolve your concerns. I am pleased that you would stay again and I would be happy to offer you complimentary breakfast next time you plan to stay at the hotel. Please contact me directly when you next make your booking and I will coordinate the arrangements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, this only helps us to improve our service levels and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.