“Nice refurb, shame the room is freezing”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Slough
“Nice refurb, shame the room is freezing”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm loving the look of the rooms after the hotels refurb. It gives the hotel a more modern room. However, winter is not a good time to stay at this hotel. In the rooms they have wall mounted air conditioning systems which barely heat the room and are incredibly noisy. Good luck trying to get a sleep while your trying to heat your room.

The staff at this hotel are always pleasant.

Restaurant service is not the best, food is slow to come out and the menu is not the greatest.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynette R
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, both the positive and negative. I am particularly pleased about your comments regarding the team, they do work hard to ensure that guests have a pleasant experience and they will be happy that you have recognized this.

The bedrooms have recently been refurbished and I am pleased that you like the new decor, we are very proud of them. I am sorry that you found the rooms to be cold and the units to be noisy. Having listened to customer comments we have recently installed some additional heating in the bedrooms and the feedback has been very positive and I believe the rooms are now much warmer.

I was also disappointed to read about the restaurant service, I will share your comments with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef so they can focus on the food service and delivery.

Once again thank you for completing your review, your comments are truly helpful as they allow us to ensure we are focusing on the areas that we can improve. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came down to slough for the first time for a works chrsitmas party. It is easy to find and in a great location. The receptionist was a disappointment she didn't smile or say please and thankyou not a great first impression.
We were pleasantly surprised by the room it was modern and clean and the shower was really powerful better than some 5 star hotels.
For a 3 star hotel the bar menu prices are really expensive for a large glass of wine it was £6.45 so after the 1 we decided not to have another especially as we had to wait 10 minutes for reception to send over the waiter to the bar!
We slept well there was no noise or distractions.
The biggest dissapointment was the breakfast in the morning. The selction was poor the bread out for toast was so hard and not edible the hot food was tasty but we had to ask them to put it out as most food was empty then when we went to pay for it we were disgusted nearly £14 pounds each i wish at the time we had complained as we came away feeling robbed.
I would stay again just for the room and comfort but would not spend any money or food and drink there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xbeckstar
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay, we appreciate receiving feedback from guests, both positive and negative to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards. I am pleased that you found the bedrooms to be modern and clean and as you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located for Slough, Windsor, access to London and the motorway network.

I was very disappointed to read that you felt that the receptionist was not welcoming, we pride ourselves on trying to ensure that every guest has a positive experience and I will certainly share your feedback with the reception team. I am also sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast and feel it wasn’t good value. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hot food, although you had to wait for the buffet to be replenished. We try to ensure that the buffet is kept hot and fresh and therefore we aim to refresh the buffet on a regular basis rather than have large quantities sitting for long periods out on the buffet. I will ensure that I share your feedback with the breakfast team so we can ensure the consistency of the breakfast.

I am very sorry that you didn't mention this to any of the management team during your stay as they would have been happy to resolve your concerns. I am pleased that you would stay again and I would be happy to offer you complimentary breakfast next time you plan to stay at the hotel. Please contact me directly when you next make your booking and I will coordinate the arrangements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, this only helps us to improve our service levels and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Holiday Inn in Slough is a the standard packaged 3 star experience.

It is located out of town and therefore you have a choice of eating in Slough and/or Windsor - the latter offers a wider choice of options.

The rooms at the Holiday Inn are clean and spacious - the normal Holiday Inn proposition - selection of free TV channels quite limiting.

Recommended for B&B - cheaper to opt for breakfast at time of booking rather than on the day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we really appreciate your comments. As you say we have a good location close to Slough and Windsor which have a great selection of restaurants and shops.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I trust the next time you are visiting the area we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday inn Slough-Windsor, once again many thanks for the review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Usually I utilise Holiday Inns’ for business but I utilised this particular branch of the chain for a personal overnight as it was one of the closest proper hotels to the venue chosen for my firms Christmas party and I was able to book it on line some way in advance for a very reasonable £45.
You have to add the £5 parking charge onto this , but even so, the service level and room comfort certainly exceeded the fee paid.
For that price on line I also got a twin Queen bed room, as there was no difference in price over a single Queen bed room and this provided a very spacious room on one of the upper floors which came with decent enough double glazing to drown out any traffic noise from the nearby busy link road down to the M4. Bathroom was a bit small but perfectly functional.
I cannot comment on the restaurant or bar areas as I did not utilise these, but would not hesitate to use this location again if required.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, your comments are really appreciated. It was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel great value for money and that the service level exceeded your expectations.

Once again many thanks for reviewing the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next visiting the area.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at a Holiday Inn near here and it was frankly wanting so we stayed here only because we couldn't find anywhere else. What a difference, charming staff, excellent room and a lovely early breakfast before we headed off to Olympic Rowing. The gymn was great for a quick burn and the Italian rowing machines looked very impressive!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for kind comments following your stay at our hotel, I am delighted that you had a positive experience. It was a very exciting time for the hotel during the Olympics being so close to Dorney Lake, especially as we had some of the teams and their support staff staying in the hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially the fact that you found the staff to be charming, they all work very hard to try and ensure every guest is made to feel welcome and will appreciate your kind words, thank you. I am also happy regarding your comments about our bedrooms, they have been recently refurbished and we are very proud of them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel as it is good for Heathrow and between my office and London. The hotel is clean and very comfortable with very nice rooms. Service in the restaurant is always good and food is never to complain about. Reception staff always do their best to assist and if you are platinum they try to add that extra touch which matters. Once the drilling in the room next to me stopped I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windso,r we really appreciate receiving positive feedback from guests. I will pass your kind comments onto the restaurant and reception teams, they do work hard to ensure every guests has an enjoyable experience and they will be delighted with your feedback. I am happy that the team recognised you as one of our valued Platinum Priority Club members, we appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel.

As you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located just off the M4 motorway and is therefore convenient for Heathrow, Slough, Windsor and access to London.

I apologise for the noise you encountered, we were in the process of installing some new heaters into our bedrooms and this did cause some disruption for 2 days. I am sorry if this caused you some inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we stayed one night only but with additional parking for 5 nights. we found it ticked all boxes - staff were very friendly. the room was very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. the taxi was arranged and arrived promptly the following morning. on our return to pick up the car it was very early and we needed a coffee - again reception showed us the way to the restaurant. we offered payment for our tea and coffee but they would have none of it . I'll be recommending this place for sure and we'll definitely use them again. top notch! .

• Stayed December 2012
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank for you taking the time and effort to post your review, the team and I really appreciate the positive feedback and I will make sure I share your comments with my breakfast team.

The team try very hard to go that extra mile and I am pleased that they looked after you on your return from holiday. I am pleased that you would recommend the hotel and that you would definitely return to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
3.0 of 5 bubbles 3,593 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!