“Great Value but Breakfast Big Let Down!!”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came down to slough for the first time for a works chrsitmas party. It is easy to find and in a great location. The receptionist was a disappointment she didn't smile or say please and thankyou not a great first impression.
We were pleasantly surprised by the room it was modern and clean and the shower was really powerful better than some 5 star hotels.
For a 3 star hotel the bar menu prices are really expensive for a large glass of wine it was £6.45 so after the 1 we decided not to have another especially as we had to wait 10 minutes for reception to send over the waiter to the bar!
We slept well there was no noise or distractions.
The biggest dissapointment was the breakfast in the morning. The selction was poor the bread out for toast was so hard and not edible the hot food was tasty but we had to ask them to put it out as most food was empty then when we went to pay for it we were disgusted nearly £14 pounds each i wish at the time we had complained as we came away feeling robbed.
I would stay again just for the room and comfort but would not spend any money or food and drink there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xbeckstar
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay, we appreciate receiving feedback from guests, both positive and negative to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards. I am pleased that you found the bedrooms to be modern and clean and as you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located for Slough, Windsor, access to London and the motorway network.

I was very disappointed to read that you felt that the receptionist was not welcoming, we pride ourselves on trying to ensure that every guest has a positive experience and I will certainly share your feedback with the reception team. I am also sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast and feel it wasn’t good value. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hot food, although you had to wait for the buffet to be replenished. We try to ensure that the buffet is kept hot and fresh and therefore we aim to refresh the buffet on a regular basis rather than have large quantities sitting for long periods out on the buffet. I will ensure that I share your feedback with the breakfast team so we can ensure the consistency of the breakfast.

I am very sorry that you didn't mention this to any of the management team during your stay as they would have been happy to resolve your concerns. I am pleased that you would stay again and I would be happy to offer you complimentary breakfast next time you plan to stay at the hotel. Please contact me directly when you next make your booking and I will coordinate the arrangements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, this only helps us to improve our service levels and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Holiday Inn in Slough is a the standard packaged 3 star experience.

It is located out of town and therefore you have a choice of eating in Slough and/or Windsor - the latter offers a wider choice of options.

The rooms at the Holiday Inn are clean and spacious - the normal Holiday Inn proposition - selection of free TV channels quite limiting.

Recommended for B&B - cheaper to opt for breakfast at time of booking rather than on the day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we really appreciate your comments. As you say we have a good location close to Slough and Windsor which have a great selection of restaurants and shops.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I trust the next time you are visiting the area we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday inn Slough-Windsor, once again many thanks for the review.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Usually I utilise Holiday Inns’ for business but I utilised this particular branch of the chain for a personal overnight as it was one of the closest proper hotels to the venue chosen for my firms Christmas party and I was able to book it on line some way in advance for a very reasonable £45.
You have to add the £5 parking charge onto this , but even so, the service level and room comfort certainly exceeded the fee paid.
For that price on line I also got a twin Queen bed room, as there was no difference in price over a single Queen bed room and this provided a very spacious room on one of the upper floors which came with decent enough double glazing to drown out any traffic noise from the nearby busy link road down to the M4. Bathroom was a bit small but perfectly functional.
I cannot comment on the restaurant or bar areas as I did not utilise these, but would not hesitate to use this location again if required.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, your comments are really appreciated. It was great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel great value for money and that the service level exceeded your expectations.

Once again many thanks for reviewing the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at a Holiday Inn near here and it was frankly wanting so we stayed here only because we couldn't find anywhere else. What a difference, charming staff, excellent room and a lovely early breakfast before we headed off to Olympic Rowing. The gymn was great for a quick burn and the Italian rowing machines looked very impressive!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for kind comments following your stay at our hotel, I am delighted that you had a positive experience. It was a very exciting time for the hotel during the Olympics being so close to Dorney Lake, especially as we had some of the teams and their support staff staying in the hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially the fact that you found the staff to be charming, they all work very hard to try and ensure every guest is made to feel welcome and will appreciate your kind words, thank you. I am also happy regarding your comments about our bedrooms, they have been recently refurbished and we are very proud of them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I love the location of this hotel as it is good for Heathrow and between my office and London. The hotel is clean and very comfortable with very nice rooms. Service in the restaurant is always good and food is never to complain about. Reception staff always do their best to assist and if you are platinum they try to add that extra touch which matters. Once the drilling in the room next to me stopped I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windso,r we really appreciate receiving positive feedback from guests. I will pass your kind comments onto the restaurant and reception teams, they do work hard to ensure every guests has an enjoyable experience and they will be delighted with your feedback. I am happy that the team recognised you as one of our valued Platinum Priority Club members, we appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel.

As you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located just off the M4 motorway and is therefore convenient for Heathrow, Slough, Windsor and access to London.

I apologise for the noise you encountered, we were in the process of installing some new heaters into our bedrooms and this did cause some disruption for 2 days. I am sorry if this caused you some inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

we stayed one night only but with additional parking for 5 nights. we found it ticked all boxes - staff were very friendly. the room was very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. the taxi was arranged and arrived promptly the following morning. on our return to pick up the car it was very early and we needed a coffee - again reception showed us the way to the restaurant. we offered payment for our tea and coffee but they would have none of it . I'll be recommending this place for sure and we'll definitely use them again. top notch! .

• Stayed: December 2012
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank for you taking the time and effort to post your review, the team and I really appreciate the positive feedback and I will make sure I share your comments with my breakfast team.

The team try very hard to go that extra mile and I am pleased that they looked after you on your return from holiday. I am pleased that you would recommend the hotel and that you would definitely return to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

It ticks all the boxes for a modern 3 star hotel but i rate my quality of sleep compared to what i get at home. And for that its a two rating. Couple of reasons, air condition took all the moisture out the air, so dry mouth on a morning. Room was cold thanks to clap in room machine and noisey. Bring back radiators. Firm pillows. Its too modern for its own good. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank for your review of the hotel following your stay in December 2011.

It is our aim that all our guests have a great night sleep when staying with us and I am sorry that you feel that you did not get a good night sleep and that the air conditioning unit was old and noisy. I am however pleased to advise you that we have recently completed a refurbishment of the hotel which included the installation of new air conditioning units in all our bedrooms. I do therefore hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next visiting the Slough area so you can experience the newly refurbished bedrooms and improved air conditioning.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!