“very good”

Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was very good for the price.Clean rooms, and a pleasant environment. Very clean, lovely breakfast, staff very polite and helpful, couldn't fault it. Very good, smiling and taking care hostess Agniezska. Nice and quiet at night which is always a problem for me as I am a light sleeper.

Good enough for us!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you found the rooms to be clean and the hotel good value.

I am also pleased to read your comments about the team and in particular Agniezska. The team work hard to try and ensure that every guest is made to feel welcome and they will appreciate your kind words. I will certainly pass on your comments to Agiezska.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have stayed in the hotel for a week on my business assignment to customer in the area.

The hotel is clean and seems to be cared of but interior and most of areas on the floors seems to be on savings side. There is strong impression of "there were good times but those are long gone". Quite a number of hotel features fit rather Holiday Inn Express than "full" Holiday Inn - no toiletries in bathrooms, basic breakfast ...

What is lost on budget operations is rather gain on staff approach. Everyone I meet was friendly and helpful. Special appreciation to Angela from breakfast room.

Room Tip: choosing one on 1st floor will save you waiting for dated and inefficient lifts
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stay here same time every year and the rooms have been updated very well, fresh paint, pictures, carpets and new flat screen Tv with excellent channel choice for a change. I can't understand the reviews slating the breakfast, if you like full English then it was excellent with lots of choice, plently there and NO queues at all!
The only fault I can find is the poor choice at the bar, NO real ales just the hideously overpriced lagers (£3.65 a pint) Stella and Becks, much better to drink in the Wetherspoons down the road at a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: High floor facing South
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive review following your return to the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor. We have recently completed a refurbishment of the hotel and we are very proud of our bedrooms and I am pleased that you like the refurbished rooms as well.

I also thank you for your kind comments regarding breakfast, we offer a wide selection of fruits, yogurts, cereals, croissants, muffins, toast and preserves, as well as the hot buffet which makes a great start to the day and I will ensure I share your comments with the breakfast team.

I note your comments regarding the selection of beers and ales and I will ask my Restaurant and Bars Manager to investigate whether there is the option to add any real ales to our range.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Despite the room being comfortable, administration and post stay service has been absolutely terrible.

Credit card charged twice for random ammounts.

Hotel management have failed to fulfill on promisses to return calls and resolve problems.

A poor example of a Holiday Inn franchise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howster79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Howster79,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Was apprehensive with reviews for hotel but pleasantly surprised when arrived, fast check in, very clean updated room and very clean not updated bathroom. But for price it very good. I would say bathrooms being updated for this hotel would be waste of money. It in area for people needing overnighter for Heathrow, Legoland or business, so no luxurious bathroom required. Just clean as it was.

I wouldn't recommend buffet dinner for adults, buffet fine for kids as free for them, so best to order from al a carte. Breakfast was good. Found no problems with it. All one needs - good coffee (dont get waiter to get you some they get you normal filter coffee, but there a help your self machine with lattes etc which lovely), normal English and continental breakfast stuff. Nothing fancy but adequate. We went at 8am but the rush picked up after we arrived, so suggest you get there before rush picks up. Breakfast was included even though it wasn't stated on Expedia, but would have paid for it.

It good hotel for Legoland visit - just minutes away.

We normally stay at 4-5* hotels but would say cleanliness most NB and this one better that some 4* been too. I wouldn't recommend Bracknell Hotels...been there done that. It further away from Legoland and not up to my standard. Now realised 3* can be better.

Would stay again for next Legoland trip.

Room Tip: If you going without children maybe request a room not next to children. One can hear through walls.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night following a day at Legoland (booked ourselves rather than as part of a package). I had booked online but rang the hotel beforehand and spoke to someone on reception first who was very friendly and helpful.

Check-in was quick and receptionist was friendly. I think the £5 per night parking fee is a bit cheeky. There is plenty of parking, but no direct access to hotel from the underground car park after 10.30pm. We buzzed for entry but no reply, therefore a long walk with tired children and bags to the entrance or had to struggle up a spiral staircase.

On arrival in the room we were very pleased that our special request of camp bed and cot for our children had been fulfilled. However, the underside of the camp bed was very sharp (missing rubber feet?) and it looked quite elderly. We all bashed into the sharp edge at least once and Mr Alwayschocolate managed to cut his foot. The travel cot supplied looked new but had been positioned in the room bizarrely under a low corner shelf with sharp edges, which was a bit dangerous. We removed the ice bucket and glasses from the shelf but there wasn’t really anywhere else to position the cot. There was no charge for children to stay and eat when sharing the room with parents.

The room was nicely furnished, and looked like it had been done fairly recently. The tea and coffee making facilities were hidden in cupboard. The bed was very hard. One bedside lamp didn't work. The room itself was clean.

The bathroom had not been modernised at the same time as the room and felt rather tired, although clean (apart from one large clump of black hair right in the middle of the floor). The thermostat controlled mixer tap was a little difficult to work out as numbers had rubbed off, otherwise a very good shower. The basin and tap need replacing, it was difficult to turn the tap off and the basin surface was crazed and stained.

The bathroom fittings were a little odd - loo roll hidden under counter top and toilet flush handle inexplicably located next to shower taps (although later we spotted instructions on how to find them on wall).The liquid soap was empty.

The air conditioning unit was easy to understand and worked well, it also had a convenient remote control. There was an iron and ironing board in the room.

From a family perspective I didn’t really like the inappropriate advert for "hot adult television" on the desk, glad the children can't read yet! Also the curtains are blackout, but hung away from the window so largely ineffective, the room was light very early in the morning and the children woke up.

The breakfast room was incredibly hot. They had tried to counter this with one small fan and having one window open but it was quite suffocating. I’m not sure why they couldn’t sort out air conditioning in here when it seemed efficient in the bedroom? The cooked breakfast itself was pretty awful. My four year old said “What’s that thing on your plate that looks a bit like a sausage?” I replied “It is a sausage”, the astonished reply “No it’s not!”. It was rather yellow in colour and spongy in texture. I didn’t even bother trying the scrambled egg as it looked so unpleasant.

On check out I mentioned the issue with the camp bed, as I wanted to warn them against using it with someone else, however I was told that I couldn’t just report it I had to speak to a manager and she had to fill in a form. This took rather a long time when we were in a hurry to leave. The duty manager was very pleasant but really struggled to understand and write English. For example I said ‘second toe, right foot’ she wrote down ‘fourth finger left leg’.

In conclusion the room itself was fine but I’d avoid the cooked breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear AlwaysChocolate,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a friendly and secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a package deal with legoland. The staff were very helpful and great with our two young children. The room was a nice size and even had view of Windsor castle . The food in the restaurant was tasty and simple with plenty of choice . We would definitly use this hotel again .

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank emndav

Thank you for your kind comments following you stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor regarding the staff and the food in the restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time and effort to feedback and it is very pleasing that you would definitely return to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Holiday Inn Express Slough
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#6 of 21 in Slough
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!