“A great little place to stay!”
Review of Furnival Lodge

Furnival Lodge
Ranked #7 of 16 Slough B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took a chance coming to Slough and this Lodge, as I was travelling alone and basically it was a complete unknown. However, the young man I spoke to on the phone when booking, Abbay I think, was kind and articulate and made me very welcome - especially as I arrived late and asked to keep my room til midday. I met' Uncle John' the next day - the owner of the place, he was very gracious and overall, the family were so kind. My room was clean and tidy, had a nice little 'wet-room' attached and service at breakfast was great - scrummy food too. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area - a very reasonably priced establishment - thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Furnival Lodge

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sadly I boooked this lodge based on cheap price, pictures, description, ratings and good reviews (with a prepaid booking of 9 nights through Hotels.com).

I was in many other B&B and lodges and I was expecting the same as usual....but I was really disappointed: the place do not correspond to description and reviews at all! [1-1,5/5]
Last, but not least: poor Breakfast [2/5]

And now details:

Room "ensuite #9" is poor, old and with broken furnitures and marked moquette.
Electrical wires are running everywhere (hidden but present) over the moquette and inside furnishings: for sure the owner do not care about safety.
Door was difficult to close and with a very "old fashion key" (easy lock-picking?)
Window was old and do not save you from noise... moreover curtains were too small and short to keep the room in the dark.
The bed is quite good and comfortable, but sadly the bedspread and sheets were stained (that's my opinion...), and when I pointed out to the owner... he became aggressive, saying "I do not accept" and "I do not even care if you were the king of Arabia" because this "was their natural color and shades not stains" (but why localized just in a 30cmx30cm area? sadly I forgot to take a picture to let you decide yourself). [1/5]
The pillows were also a problem: suffering of asthma I had to take measures (thrice in the night: Ventolin+Zirtec+Ventolin) to keep me breathing normally[1/5] and this was not usual even in the worst period (and this was a good period for me)

In spite of everything I agreed to change the room and try "something better".... but while packing my bag to move the owner returned and said that he decided that I'VE TO LEAVE because he don't want customers like me [0/5]
At the end after a very stressing discussion - that make my day really horrible "don't interrupt me while speaking!" (interrupting me...), "don't shout or I call police" my answer: "call, I will gladly wait them..." - he cancellled in full the reservation refunding me of all money: today I got mail from Hotels.com confirming this fact. [3/5]

There was just a good thing about this place: the other person - a younger man - working there was nice and helpful[4/5]

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrea_Ravera
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

B&B good for contractors, travellers and a bed for the night with an excellent breakfast. We stayed here after a tiring day at thorpe park on our way home to worcestershire and was a good shower and bed for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in furnival lodge for 1 week in the summer, the staff are lovely and polite, making the effort to ask about my job and showing a genuine interest in me. The gardens outside are fantastically cared for. breakfast every morning was lovely and each person was served well. parking on the drive can fit up to 5 cars and the street also has space. The rooms are cleaned every day and are lovely to return to after a long day of work. overall furnival lodge is a great place to stay if you plan on staying in slough, it's easily accessible also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Owen O
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually write negative reviews, but this time I am compelled to. It is far from the advertised lodge style and standards. Details are not necessary, except for the fact that the WC is nearly under the shower. Thus upon use of shower, the WC is soaked.
However, the managers are friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Gastronote_eu
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here with my sons aged 4 and 7, we were looking for somewhere local as attending a family party nearby and the hotel was perfect! Really polite attentive staff who were great with my kids. Tasty breakfast cooked to order! Really pleased and would definitley stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sadly we Had to drive 200 miles in hot weather to attend a Funeral. Found Furnival lodge to be nearest the cemetery so booked for two nights..
Very nice welcome from smart staff. Room was clean..Shower was powerful.Gardens lovely.
Breakfast was freshly cooked and filled us up for the day.
We found it to be a convenient location and easy to find.
If you have money to waste then go to Travel Lodge or Premier Inn, If you want to stay cheap then there would be no better place to stay than this..Fabulous...What are you waiting for..Book it.!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Baylis House
#2 of 2 in Stoke Poges
Burnham Beeches Hotel
Burnham Beeches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Furnival Lodge? Share your experiences!