“Wonderful service, clean rooms, not great location”
Review of Furnival Lodge

Furnival Lodge
Ranked #5 of 16 Slough B&B and Inns
“Wonderful service, clean rooms, not great location”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Book via a comparison website, you could get it for £29 rather than £55. It's an ok place, but not worth more than £30 per night.
Great service, very warm and welcoming staff, esp the manager that will have a little chat with you over your breakfast.
Single room tiny but very clean. Heating works excellent, lots of channels on tv. Not so sure about the hygiene standards of the wooden platform in the shower.
I'd recommend the place if you have to stay in slough for a couple of days. But if possible, just avoid slough

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Slough
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Furnival Lodge certainly hospitable and the is genuine caring approach to lodgers. I found my single room clean and ready before my check in time. However I found the bathroom very small, and there was no water, tea etc provided in the room. There was not much choice if you are vegetarian on the breakfast menu, and there was noise from nearby rooms which was a little disturbing. I would stay in a double and pre order breakfast items next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

northampton
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I found this B&B on Tripadvisor and it had a favourable rating. Can't see why. I arrived only to find that the car park could only accommodate 4 cars, mine wasn't one of them! I had to park a long way down the road. There was only communal coffee and tea making facilities with no provision to make it in your room. The room, whilst clean, was in need of a bit of a refresh. For £55 I think I could have done better.

Room Tip: Get there early to grab yourself a car parking space
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank postmanpat6
London
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Lovely B&B, very well run and clean.
I booked two double rooms a day before our stay, priced at £45 per room.
We arrived quite late at 2130, and we were greeted on arrival, easy check-in, shown the fire escape routes, and the lounge/kitchen area, which was a great surprise! You are in a residential part of Slough, but there are take-aways, shops and off licences a 2min walk away.
The rooms we were allocated were spacious and clean, the bathrooms were very clean and also quite spacious.
We informed staff of our check-out and breakfast time on arrival, and when we went down in the morning our table was already set and fresh juices and coffee/tea was on offer.
We had a glorious view of a large well kept garden.
You can choose from cereals or a variety of cooked breakfasts, which are made to order.
My only moan would be the sausages were of a poor quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed two night after a wedding and have to say it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. staff was also very helpful and friendly. The room and bathroom were immaculate. I have absolutely no complaints about Furnival lodge and this is the first review I've written about anywhere and I am only writing it because our stay was so pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Having seen photos of this guest house on another site it looked very nice and had 4 star rating, so thought it would be a good place to stay overnight on our way home from southcoast. Never again!!!!

The guest house is in the middle of an ordinary residential street and is converted from 2 houses. Was very disappointed on arrival but thought that the rating must make up for that on the inside. How wrong we were!

Staff were friendly and showed us to our room which was a small double on the ground floor at the front of the building. On entering our room all the windows were open even though it was a cold damp day, when we closed them we discovered why, the room smelt of what we can only discribe as cats pee, even though we saw no evidence of a cat. The bed did not have a duvet but was made up of sheets and a picture fleece from the 80s. The pillows were like bags of cement and the bed no better! The curtains were too short and so as soon as it got light outside it woke us up, this plus the noise from people leaving early for work from both the guest house and other houses in the street. Breakfast was from 7.30 till 8.30 so no chance of a lie in even though check out was not till 12. The room had no tea making facilities in it and were only provided and to be drunk in the guest lounge which is fine but not when you are still awake at 3am due to the bed and pillows being so hard! The tv although it had free view was difficult to work out where the channels were and for some reason BBC1 was channel 19!!! Breakfast was to say the least cheap! Tasteless sausages, very well done bacon and hard eggs dripping in oil. All in all I would say that this guest house is no more than a 2 star certainly not a 4 star! Next time I think I will stay at the Travelodge in Slough city centre. Not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Neil M
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Stayed over for one night. Made to pay on arrival, which is just as well as had we seen the room first I would not have! First noticed the toilet hadn't been cleaned properly. The room was generally clean however. Holes in the celing in reception. Very limited parking. Very uncomfortable bed. Heating on max with no control. Breakfast was ok. Never again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCC97
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
Stoke Place
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor
Travelodge Slough
Travelodge Slough
#5 of 21 in Slough

Been to Furnival Lodge? Share your experiences!