“lovely evening”

Terranova Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Celebrating my father's70th birthday was always going to be an interesting challenge with so many children and grandchildren. We were welcomed by the staff with warmth and as if we were long lost friends. The staff could not have been more helpful, despite there being at least two other large parties in the restaurant at the same time. The atmosphere was super for a wide age range and the menu catered for most tastes. our party ranged from 6- 70+ with 23 in the group. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for parties.

7  Thank flyingmoneybunny

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was about the only non chain restaurant in Welwyn Garden City so how disappointing to find they had moved from a traditional and varied menu with lots of specials to a preprinted sheet with all the usual Italian mains. We can get pizza at 3 other venues in the town so use your imagination Mr Terranova and give us back some variety like you used to!!

3  Thank NellieCoco
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Wow we were blown away by the experience . On a sunny evening down by the lake, picture perfect ! We arrived 10 mins late but the staff welcomed us individually (nice touch) made you feel like you were returning friends. we were given the nicely balanced menu, we had a sublime bottle of house wine, both our starters were great , mains stonking a taste sensation, which was then blown away by a tiramisu that we found ourselves fighting over.
Thanks we will return soon.

6  Thank Damonwalker666
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went here last week for a special meal with my waife and had a great meal and time. The food and service is some of the best I have had in a long time.

6  Thank UkM_w
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We came here hoping for a nice meal , however the reality of it was not like this. Firstly, the food was average, the worst steak I have ever had in my life, the sauce was obviously from a packet. When the waiter approached us to serve the food, and i was eating some of the starter, he stared at me and was as if he told me off, which I have never had in my life. The waiters were extremely rude and unhelpful. Finally, it was so expensive I will never in my life return to this God-forsaken slum. And to round it off they added a service charge to the bill, surely you have to earn the service charge first.

5  Thank FoodMaster1805