“A Great Meal”

Terranova Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went here last week for a special meal with my waife and had a great meal and time. The food and service is some of the best I have had in a long time.

6  Thank UkM_w

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We came here hoping for a nice meal , however the reality of it was not like this. Firstly, the food was average, the worst steak I have ever had in my life, the sauce was obviously from a packet. When the waiter approached us to serve the food, and i was eating some of the starter, he stared at me and was as if he told me off, which I have never had in my life. The waiters were extremely rude and unhelpful. Finally, it was so expensive I will never in my life return to this God-forsaken slum. And to round it off they added a service charge to the bill, surely you have to earn the service charge first.

5  Thank FoodMaster1805
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We've been to Terranova many many times for business and personal dining and EVERY TIME both the food and service has been fantastic with the added bonus of a great view. Wonderful Italian selection with personal service, staff with character and lively banter. I think we have tried just about everything on the menu with real flavour in all dishes - highly recommend you do yourself a favour and eat here!

8  Thank BrownMouseTraveller
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Friendly staff. Well presented food of excellent quality. Wine at a reasonable price. It doesn't matter weather it's a family celebration or an intimate dinner for two, an excellent venue. In the summer there are good views of Stanborough Lakes, watching the fish taking the miriad of flies. The only downside is that the floors are ceramic and the noise levels can be high. All in all a good restaurant.

8  Thank Deluvian
Reviewed January 31, 2013

There was a big group of us who went to this restaurant for our Christmas lunch and although the staff were friendly and welcoming no effort had been made to decorate the table and make it look Christmassy with Christmas crackers, etc. Those of us who ordered Veal Massala off the set menu were treated to what looked and tasted like it had come out of a packet because the mushrooms were definitely tinned/frozen, not fresh, and the meat tasted processed – Certainly not the quality we were expecting. Having said that the portion sizes were good and so was the service, it’s just a real shame about some of the food that they served. For this reason I would not go back or recommend it to others because it is not a cheap place to eat.

3  Thank StAlbansSue