“Premier - as always with this chain”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Premier - as always with this chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed one night due to an early meeting in Welwyn Garden City the following morning.

The bed was, as with all Premier Inns, amazingly comfortable. Room was clean and of high standard or maintenance.

I had both dinner and breakfast in the attached Beefeater restaurant. Excellent service and high quality food for both.

As I came up by train it is a bit of a walk from the station (about 15 minutes), which on a damp evening wasn’t so pleasant, but the following morning a 20 minute walk in the sun to the centre of Welwyn Garden City was very pleasant.

My only negative would be that the hotel itself appeared to be a little understaffed as when I arrived the receptionist was away from the desk helping another customer and it was a good 15 minutes before she returned to check me in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This Premier Inn was surprisingly comfortable given the cost. The bed covers were very cosy, so much so, I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! Staff were also very freindly and helpful.

Noise from people walking in the room above was quite load but overall, Premier Inn has gone up in my estimations after staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wraysbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is situated just off the Jct 4 on the A1 (M) which makes it very convenient location for frequent travellers. It is exactly what you would expect from a Premier Inn – comfy bed, big fluffy duvet etc.

Next door is a Beefeater restaurant which offers a good, varied menu, at very reasonable prices, in a relaxed environment. Would certainly recommend booking for an evening meal. But having said that, the hotel was full when I stayed, and the restaurant was busy, but the level of service was excellent and it did not feel like a long wait for food.

The restaurant is also where breakfast is served. Breakfast was £8.25 each with a great selection of breakfast buffet options, including cooked to order poached eggs and omelettes. Definitely one to go for!

What differentiates this hotel from other Premier Inns I have stayed in, is the cheery , friendly and helpful Staff. From those that greet you at Reception, those in the restaurant through to those in housekeeping. Nothing is too much trouble, which makes this hotel feel more like a family run establishment than one in a chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The staff are great here but boy they need to sort out the windows and heating. We had to put towels up at the window to try to stop the wind but this did not really work as the windows were that bad and didn't close at all well!

If you stay make sure you get a room at the front (Car park side) or near the railway line at the stadium at the back of the hotel has late night discos and parties! The noise kept us awake quite late!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tony B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Have just stayed at WGC Premier Inn and overall we had an enjoyable stay. The hotel has just been updated and we had a superb Samsung TV on the wall in our room rather than being squashed in the corner unit as it used to be. We could all sit on our beds and watch TV in comfort.
It is only a 15 minute walk to the railway station, but take the shopping centre entrance or you will have to walk right back to the ticket office from the platform if you take the side entrance.
The car park is well laid out and the access to other parts of Welwyn is also good from here.
Breakfast was good, but with it being a larger hotel the cooked food ran out quicker and the replenishment was not too quick. Anyway, the continental breakfast was super and it saved more intake of fat!
Overall I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I ended up staying two nights due to getting stuck with no trains running after the storm. The first night cost me £25, the second was over £70. I can't believe the range in prices! What was supposed to be a cheap mini break to visit my daughter ended up costing a fortune.

However, the staff there are excellent, friendly, welcoming and efficient. The rooms are clean and had almost everything I needed. The beds are comfy and I was pleased to see a hair dryer in the room. I didn't sleep well either night though, partly due to the storm, noisy hotel guests and a window in the room on the second night which wouldn't shut properly, so outside sounds were easily heard, including the trains once they resumed service during the night.

The second room also seemed to be below a baby elephant! Thud, thud he/she went. The light vibrated very annoyingly so I stood precariously on the bed to try to screw the fittings tighter, which helped a bit. I didn't bother to complain as the receptionist had said it was the last of two rooms, so I didn't hold out much hope of being moved. Also, the staff can't control other guests.

I couldn't get either room warm, which was fine once I was in bed but not before, despite the thermostat saying it was 23 degrees (it wouldn't go higher than that). The thermostat made a really annoyingly loud clicking noise every time it went on and off.

However, I would definitely stay again if I could get the saver rate, as the staff were excellent and I was very happy with the cleanliness and neatness of the room. Most hotels suffer from noisy guests, and I know it's not something they can control. It's a shame others are so inconsiderate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rustington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

As usual, the standard of cleanliness was very good, the room was big, heating working. I did find the mattress a little hard but I have an arthritic hip so I think it is just personal preference. The only other thing, again due to my hip was that I found the bath very high to climb into for a shower. Jus a little disappointment was that on Sunday morning my husband reported that someone had been sick outside the window to the restaurant and 3 hours later it was still there so he reported it to a different person yet it was still there when we left the hotel on Monday. May I also, through trip advisor say to all hotel guests PLEASE don't slam your room door.....

Room Tip: We had a room in the new part which overlooked the sports centre. Better than a view of the car par...