“Helpful, curtious staff going above and beyond to please!!”

Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Coming from United States, I have never heard or stayed at a Premier Inn. I stumbled upon the website via trip advisor due to the price and close proximity to the Stevenage where I was to attend a festival. I preferred not to stay in Stevenage because I wanted to stay away from the loud and rambunctious youth of Northern England and I know I made the right choice upon arrival. I was greeted by the sweetest, most helpful receptionist upon arrival. I wish I knew her name, but she explained all the details of my stay and ran through each amenity upon check in. Every time we needed directions or advice on the local area (Tesco, Town Square), she was more than happy to take the time to explain and help me out in detail.

Then there's breakfast... I decided to do the continental breakfast the first morning because you couldn't beat the price. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was hungrier than I thought so pastry and fruit would not have hit the spot. Fortunately for me, the wait staff was more than compassionate when I explained I do not eat pork but I would require more substance as I am headed to spend 12 hours at an outdoor festival. My waitress was nice enough to speak to the chef in order to find out what else they could offer a starving girl such as me. Turns out they were more than happy to make a veggie omelet just for me, which happened to hit the spot after some juice, proper tea and toast. Never have I experienced this in budget hotel dining. Just the compliance alone would convince me to spend the night at this Premier Inn again.

PS. after attending the festival each day, there was nothing like a hot shower and a comfortable bed to sleep in. The halls of the hotel are super quiet (and you may need to keep your voices down in your room as well since someone complained I was talking too loud. New Yorkers and their big mouths, eh?) and the room was insanely large. My only issue was no refrigerator and no telephone in the room. I like to keep a fridge in the room so I can have water, juice and snacks in the hotel since I prefer to eat home-cooked meals. Also, I found it strange that there was no phone in the room but I didn't need it anyway. That's just a heads up for anyone looking for those items to be available.

Other than that, I am quite pleased with my choice and would definitely stay again if I decide to go to Sonisphere. Even the neighborhood is lovely!! Leave it to me to book a hotel a 5 minute walk away from the Town Centre where they would be holding a food fair the weekend of my stay. Welwyn is a quaint country town and I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I were forced to go into a hotel whilst waiting to move to our new house. Decided on WGC Premier Inn as it was convenient for us. The friendliness and efficiency of the staff is excellent. The room was clean and spacious and well serviced. Only downside is there is no air flow in the room and despite a table fan, the room gets very hot and uncomfortable. Why no air con? The pub attached to the hotel offers brilliant food. Although the breakfast was good, service fell to pieces - on four mornings I had to wait 15 minutes for a bowl of porridge and on the fifth morning, they had run out. All in all I was very impressed though and would not hesitate go return there if necessary.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The food is quite good, and variety is available. Be sure to book your meal before hand.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The only down side( and the staff do all they can to alleviate it) is that the bedrooms are extremely hot despite fans, open windowsand no bedcover used. Shame for the staff as they are powerless to do any more than they already do and we found it almost impossible to sleep we were so hot. Great breakfast, again with very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for her birthday earlier this month and we were happy to find that everything Lenny Henry said in the advert, was true!

We booked in advance for the £29 room offer, and found that the room we were given was fantastic. The best was the comfiest bed I've slept on and the room was big enough to do a cartwheel across twice, with room to spare.
The staff were polite and very nice to have a conversation with, and helped us when we needed an extra pillow lol.

Overall very good!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2010

On September the first 2010 my elderly disabled parents suffered a house fire and were unable to live there again until the place had been renovated. They wanted to stay close to home and booked into this hotel around a week after the incident and stayed ther until December.
Initally they booked into another hotel but didn't get on with it. Premier Inn is as you would expect clean, comfortable and warm. But what made this stay very special was the quality of the staff who went out of their way to help them. They really went the extra mile to make their extended stay as comfortable as possible. Nothing was too much trouble. When they left the received a wonderful floral display and a card signed by all the staff. From my point of view it was a huge weight off of my mind to know that they were in a safe place where the staff looked out for them without being intrusive. You can't beat the staff of Premier Inn WGC!!!!! Thank You.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

This is the 1st time we have used premier Inn and will definately be doing so again. All staff were very helpfull and cheerfull especially one lady in the restaurant. We just had a fab time!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

We are pleased that you had a good stay with us. Our team will be delighted to receive your feedback as it is really important to us that our guests are happy with the service they receive. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Best Western Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 2 in Welwyn
Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel
Travelodge Hatfield Central

Been to Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!