“Murder Mystery Event - Fabulous Night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brocket Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Welwyn Garden City
Brocket Hall
Staines
“Murder Mystery Event - Fabulous Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Went to the Murder Mystery night - it was in the main hall and was an absolutely fabulous evening.

Great value for money - great room and some extremely helpful staff... I'd really recommend the events!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I took my mum here for her birthday in August. I had been meaning to take her for years as she was born at Brocket Hall. During the war it was used as a maternity home and my nan was sent here. Luckily I saw the Groupon offer. After purchasing the deal I read the reviews on here and almost cancelled.
We found it quite easily and checked in. We had single rooms, mine was on the ground floor and my mum's on the first floor. My room was perfectly comfortable but didn't get the sun so was a bit chilly. My mum's room was beautiful, windows overlooked the grounds and had the sunshine streaming in. Bathrooms were large and there was tea, coffee and bottled water.
The grounds are massive and kept perfectly, we went for a wander and had lunch on the terrace. Staff were lovely. In fact the whole stay all the staff couldn't have been nicer.
Our evening meal was faultless.
It was so peaceful there, strange to sleep with absolute silence (i'm used to sirens and traffic)
Breakfast was buffet and the orange juice and coffee was free, I can't actually think of anything negative to say. To me, the price I paid was a bargain. You wouldn't even get the meal on it's own for that price in Michelin London restaurants. If I wanted a peaceful retreat from London I wouldn't hesitate in returning.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

My wife booked this as a treat for me so that I could play Golf at Brockett Hall without having to get up at the crack of dawn and travel.
We stayed 1 night and had lunch in Auberge Du Lac (on the grounds) followed by Dinner at the restaurant at the golf club, which we actually felt was overall better than it's more expensive Michellin sister.

The acconodation at Melbouren lodge was really good. Large room with lovely bathroom.
Pretty much everythign you'd expect from a well established coutnry estate but good to see it didn't dissapoint.
Main thing about the whole place for me though was that the service was top notch, from fromt desk to dinner to golf.....
great short break.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We dined at Auberge de Lac and spent the night at Melbourne Lodge. I cannot fault the restaurant, the food and wine was exceptional and the service was perfect. The hotel is at complete odds with the restaurant and the level of quality is not nearly half as high at Melbourne lodge. Here's a quick rundown of the hotel:

Welcome: Unwelcoming and abrupt.
Rooms: Large but outdated and in need of maintenance. No minibar. Great view of the grounds and Brocket Hall.
Breakfast: Poor. Self-service buffet with very limited selection. As a vegetarian I was annoyed that the mushrooms and tomatoes were served almost on top of black pudding.

I wouldn't stay again which is a shame as the Auberge restaurant is incredible and if the hotel was almost nearly at the same standard this would make a wonderful overnight break. While the grounds and restaurant would make this a beautiful wedding venue, the accommodation lets it down.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Welwyn Garden City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed for one night, midweek, in the Melbourne Lodge.

The Lodge is located at the top of estate with a great view over the Lake & the restaurant (Auberge du Lac). Very peaceful location nestled amongst the trees.

Our room was HUGE, same for the bathroom.

Only negatives :

- parking was minimal outside the lodge
- no airconditioning in the room
- window did not open

Besides that, it was an extremely restful mid week break - highly recommend the hotel!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

1 LOCATION: The Melbourne lodge is located in the Brocket Hall estate. It is at the top of the hill and it has a great view over the estate. It's easy to find, but it's quite hard to check in if you aren't used to the process. 2 BUILDING: Very nice historical buidling. 3 WELCOME: I wouldn't put 5 stars on the welcome as the overall estate is clearly more orientated towards golf...... 4 ROOMS: I had a lovely room! 5 BATHROOM: Same as for the room. 6: DINNER: AUBERGE DU LAC! Fantastic! 7 OVERALL: I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Holt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We also stayed at Melbourne Lodge on the GroupOn deal and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We requested an iron and ironing board on arrival and it was left in our room for us for when we arrived. The room was "old fashioned", but quaint and very clean. The grounds were amazing. It was lovely to walk around amongst the various birds, ducks and swans. Staff were professional, courteous and helpful. We also ate at the Auberge with the set menu included and could not fault the food. It was delicious. All in all, we had a lovely, romantic, relaxing break and would recommend this hotel if this is something that you are looking for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
BEST WESTERN Welwyn Garden City ...
#3 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Brocket Hall? Share your experiences!