“Amazing!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've been here a couple of times to eat but after my most recent visit felt I had to share how good this place is. The staff are always very polite, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. It was a new menu since we last went and it certainly didn’t disappoint. Food was perfectly cooked and potion sizes were good.

This is not a cheap place to eat but for the food, service, surroundings and atmosphere I think it is good value. Our bill came to just under £100 with 2 courses each, a bottle of wine and a coupe of drinks at the bar afterwards. Like I said not cheap but we did get a free amuse bouche which was delicious! You get what you pay for.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

On a cool, blustery June morning we parked in the attractive farmyard and worked up an appetite with an hour and a half circular walk using the well marked local footpaths. The restaurant was warm and snug and buzzy with wedding guests and we enjoyed a beautifully cooked lunch. My son and I both chose the fish and chips which arrived, slightly alarmingly, in a fryer basket on a board. That said, it also came with nearly half a lemon, delicious tartare sauce and mushy pea puree (I would have preferred the peas a bit more solid). It all tasted delicious; the batter was light and very tasty. The puddings, also yummy, were perhaps a little small, but the coffee was very smooth.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Overall I found the restaurant to be actually rather fantastic and the waitresses lovely! The food was quick and on time and it was also incredibly tasty! however other members of my party seemed to think that some of the food was a bit too dry a bit too hard and felt like it was not completely fresh, we did order different things however so I guess the food was of varying quality. However, even on Easter Sunday, a three course meal was a pip over £20 which isn't bad at all!

I would return happily!

1  Thank Connorb1993
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a nice restaurant within Tewin Bury Farm Hotel. The ambience is really nice and the decor is wooden and modern. We came here for a family Sunday 3 course lunch and the food was lovely. I had the roast chicken and you could tell the meat was fresh and extremely well cooked.

Will be coming here again to try their afternoon tea.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Going to this place having read some bad reviews already wasn't my idea but we decided to go there. Just arrived we order 4 cocktails of the day. Pure lime juice. no alcohol, sugar or anything special, lots of crushed ice for £28, starter portions not big enough £5,50 for 3 frozen prawns deep fried, i asked for the burger medium or medium rare if possible. Apparently that wasn't an option as having 4 chefs they can't cook a burger from scratch, they cook them early in the morning or the day before as it was so over cooked and dry. When I asked the waitress, she just agreed that other customers had complained also about the burger but I end up having to pay full price and eating half of my girlfriend main course...
Once and never again...