Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel overall does look a little dated in appearance , The room was a basic room with all the facilities you would expect inc free Wifi
The bed however isn't the most comfortable (for me a little to hard)
Welcome from reception through to the evening bar staff was good and always pleasant
Breakfast was a very good spread and a good choice to fit most peoples tastes , cooked to fruit & cereal , again very pleasant service from the staff
The cooked was hot and there was plenty to have

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay but I was sorry that you found our beds hard,
I must admit we have not had anyone mentioned this before.
I am glad that you enjoyed the extensive breakfast prior to your departure
and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have tried several hotels around Welwyn while visiting the area and have found Homestead Court the best for value ( leisure break rate ) and quality . Nice quiet location, good size rooms and facilities,nice outside terrace off of the bar area ( a few more seats for the summer would be an idea ) helpful and efficient staff and good food.

Room Tip: Top floor ( 4th ) rooms have been upgraded but are more costly but worth the extra, the lift only go...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond on tripadvisor
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us recently
found our lounge bar and Gardens to your liking
4th floor bedroom comfortable and cosy
I hope that we might have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have been to this hotel before and visit due to seeing family and this is the best hotel in town although beind in a housing estate this is very quiet and relaxing and we would like to thank Andrew th hotel manager for the upgrade to the honeymoon suite this room is very large and has a very large bathroom with corner bath so anyone going upgrade and have a nice room also the bed is very comfortable breakfast is always very good and well presented and cooked thanks again to the manager and staff.
We will return.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite 407
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I was pleased to welcome you back to the hotel on the weekend and have the opportunity of upgrading you to our honeymoon suite which happened to be available
is nice that you always stay with us when visiting your family in the area
and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Public rooms very good, bedroom slightly dated, would benefit from air conditioning, room was very warm, but a fan was within room on arrival and the window open on a very warm July day. So I presume the issue that rooms are possible too warm is known to the hotel.

Bar area clean and tidy, and good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and have noted your comments with regards to the warmth of your room on a very hot July day. We have fans in all the rooms and for a small supplement you can upgrade to an executive or studio room which has full air conditioning.
I am pleased that you make use and enjoyed the public areas.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and overall it was fine. The overall look and feel of the place was fine. The evening meals were well cooked and presented. My room was fine but I hated the waterproof mattress on my bed and had to take it off. I am not incontinent nor do I get drunk and wet the bed. The Internet service did not work in the lounge but I had my own dongle, which I used in my room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank JC54England

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the food in our restaurant and bar.
We have recently installed superfast broadband so I am not sure why your computer did not work on this occasion.
I'm sorry that you found the mattress protector uncomfortable we have in fact now got
new replacements which I'm sure would be more suitable
I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just what you'd expect in this sort of hotel. We didn't dine there and breakfast was was the was the usual buffet.

It was just just sort just sort of bland, really - the only event event of note was the b. awful background music!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm sorry that you did not eat with us during your stay
we have an extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast which I'm sure you would have enjoyed
since your stay I have looked into the background music and changed it
thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel

Been to Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!