Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Up to the standard I would expect from Best Western - very helpful staff and good value for money

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2011

One night stay...... then three night stay - July 11.
A great stay with a good breakfast included in tariff.
Front desk staff - highly efficient and very pleasant.
Breakfast staff/Bar staff - highly efficient without being intrusive.
We got the room we booked months earlier without a hiccup.(twin room)
Tea/coffee making facility.
Hair dryer.
Bathroom toiletries.
Clean and comfortable. (We found the beds are a bit hard)
On our second stay - we were changed across the corridor which had a much superior bathroom.
Typical of the British weather it was very hot in UK.
There was a large fan which was adequate - but next time I will book air-conditioned room.
Very well placed and very well managed.
Don't let the depressing lift put you off (feels like a service lift) everything else was fine.
Has a bar with tv /outside dining and outside smoking/ good breakfast/free wifi in the room.
Well placed for WGC business/leisure.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: First visit, room was on the front. Bathroom in this room not as good as the rooms at the back overl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunnyasia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for both Business & Pleasure and found the service and facilities the venue offers is perfectly suited to both. The hotel is in a great location for Business customers, and I have never struggled to park or get a taxi from the pleasant reception staff. All of the rooms are spacious and clean, and the front desk is prompt to react to any special requirements. The hotels Studio Rooms, are great if you want that extra space and a small kitchen!. On one occasion I stayed at the hotel and a Wedding was taking place, it really did look like a great location for the couples special day.

Overall, a great hotel with dedicated and very friendly staff, good value for money, and grounds are kept in lovely condition. Dont miss the Breakfast! The best Sausages I have had!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Creative94
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I work for an IT company and am a frequent traveler. I have been to all parts of the world and stayed at different hotels but I must admit the fact that it's the Homestead Court that has made me take time out of my busy schedule and write a review on my excellent experience there.
I was not expecting this type of service and ambiance at the price they were charging.
From the moment I arrived at the Hotel, I felt welcomed and well provided for. I was checked into a clean, quiet and cozy room. I was apprehensive about the internet and to my surprise the speed was excellent both in the Bar and the room. I had my dinner at the hotel Restaurant and the menu was much better than that of other hotels of this type with a large array of sumptuous dishes. I had an enjoyable dinner that night.
This experience did raise my expectations and I wished that it remained the same throughout my stay and that's exactly what happened.
My bed was clean and comfortable and it smelt fresh. I had a nice sleep.
The breakfast in the morning enhanced the quality of my experience. It was better than that of 5 star hotels. I am health conscious and used the fitness center in the hotel vicinity for free.
I have stayed at 5 star hotels and feel no hesitation in saying that my overall experience at the Homestead Court was nothing less than 5 star. I deem it completely justified to say that it is a 3 star hotel providing 5 star services.
I do expect to return to WGC, and rest assured I will be returning as well to the Homestead Court.
I thank the management to make my experience really memorable and highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit WGC, especially for business purpose because of the green, serene and comfortable environs of the Homestead Court.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank farooqali6
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I thought I'd stepped back into the 70s...very dated decor and maintainence looks doubtful since then too. Room smelt stale and old, bathroom not much better . Despite all the signs not to, I defy any of the hotel staff to have a shower and not soak the floor with water. And that's when you're not listening to the toilets filling up from nearby rooms! CRT TV with 7 channels, good job there's no more as the remote barely works to change them.
General hotel areas.....70s theme continues, right down to the restaurant menu and service. If tomato soup with a swirl of cream, dried up chicken and a shouting chef in the kitchen is your thing, you'll love it! Breakfast is pretty dismal too. I would like to say the hotel staff make up for the rest, but unless English is your second language too, you probably won't find out.
I had the misfortune to be put here by my company for 3 nights, but i'll be making sure that doesn't happen again, you'd be well to as well. Leave it to our foreign visitors, probably think it's quaint!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Alison190776
zenon_11, Director of Sales at Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

This person clearly can not be describing this hotel, perhaps she mixed it up with some other hotel, the hotel's bedrooms have the latest design 4 Star standard hand made furniture, many air-conditioned rooms, brand new bathrooms, just passed B.S.I room to room acoustics (sound)
test. she did not use the shower shield, flooded the floor & carpet, then complained about the damp smell she caused. Our new digital T V, have over 35 channels, if only she figured how to use the remote, Sky Sports available too. Our Head Chef, is 4 Star qualified. Very untrue and completely false unfair report, for unexplained reasons. For Hotel Manager Alex Lababedi

Reviewed July 25, 2011

very good standard, rooms quiet and very well equipped, nice and pleasant atmosphere.
very quiet area with lots of greenness, excellent food - i personally recommend full english breakfast or grilled salmon with green beans, proffesional service and stuff

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carolinaaaaa
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The location was a surprise, great staff and service

Room Tip: ignore your satnav
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank samtranz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welwyn Garden City
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City Hotel
Premier Inn Welwyn Garden City H...
#2 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield
Premier Inn Hatfield Hotel

Been to Best Western Welwyn Garden City Homestead Court Hotel? Share your experiences!