“Excellent!”
Review of Ask Italian - CLOSED

Ask Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: ASK Italian in Welwyn Garden is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on many occasions mainly at lunchtime and the food and service are always excellent. The food is freshly cooked and always hot and we have never had to wait long for our food to arrive which is unusual for a chain restaurant. Long may it continue!!

1  Thank PinaColada20

Reviewed April 28, 2013

a last minute idea four of us ended up in ASK on Saturday night. It looked OK from outside and we were greeted by the manger at the door, from then on it went downhill like an out of control skier! Although the restaurant was only about half full we waited for drinks for about 20 mins, the first course came after a further 30 mins and was cold and was without some olives we had Requested. After an HOUR they came to take our main course order, several dishes that we wanted were not on that night! Oh God I can't go on DO NOT GO THERE! The food was tasteless when it finally arrived etc we had to ask twice for a further bottle of wine. Eventually running out of patience we called the manager over and he agreed to knock a third off the bill, my friend and his wife wanted to just walk out without paying anything!
THIS WAS THE WORST MEAL EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD IN A RESTAURANT IN THE UK IN 25 years!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went here with a few friends for my birthday in March. Everyone enjoyed their meal, it was a great value and the staff were helpful and friendly. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated with a 'modern-italian' style, and the food is served with interesting plates and glasses which add to the atmosphere. Would recommend for a nice night out.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went for dinner here as a family. My son ordered calzone but wanted just chicken cheese and tomato inside. There was no problem with this but a slight misunderstanding meant it came with ham and bacon inside. When told that he didnt eat ham or bacon the staff were very apologetic and replaced it with the correct order.
I had the slow cooked pork belly and it was stunningly delicious!! My other son ordered the pork belly with chips rather than new potatoes and that was fine and equally scrumptious!
The staff were excellent ... friendly and very helpful. We were not charged for the calzones and had a really nice evening.
I would definitely recommend Ask and the new look since its renovation is much warmer and more inviting. A good place to eat.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went here midweek as was visiting the area. Like everywhere else it was virtually empty but there was some people out. There was three of us and we were made very welcome. The service was very good as was the food. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, would go back again. Two days later I walked past the same restaurant but it was lunch time and the venue was very busy so seems very popular. I recommend for anyone.