“Second time in few months” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dilli Restaurant - CLOSED

Dilli Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Moved location. Please see http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/7180077 for more information
Italy
“Second time in few months”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This time around the area for business, and was alone. I must say this place just miss a little bit to be a great place. The ambience is very nice and relaxing, good music, comfortable chairs and some great food. Indian food there is really very good. This time I had lassi: had better in other places. The only thing I would recommend you before you go to this place is: don't be in a hurry. And if you are in a hurry, take a breath, relax and be prepared to wait. Because your wait might be a long one (one appetizer, main course and dessert: it took almost two hours). But if you can (and I could, this evening) go there and enjoy some delicious food. PS I also hooked a free wi-fi connection, so take your tablet and take it easy!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, but staff have no sense of urgency”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Dilli is one of those restaurants that is its own worst enemy. Every time I've been there I've had some of the best Indian food I've ever tasted. Unfortunately, every time I've been there I've also had incredibly slow service too.

At the last visit with a group of friends, the waiter took our order and I think he was trying to look clever by not writing it down pretending he'd memorised it. We got the hint early on it was going to be slow service again, but the waiter reassured us our food was "coming soon". 2 hours later (yes 2 hours!) we finally got our meals and you guessed it the waiter with the photographic memory had got our order wrong! Too hungry to complain though by that time.

We couldn't fault the quality of the food which was perfect, it's just that the service is ridiculously slow with no sense of urgency to the point of being comical.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark R
Altrincham, England
““All the taste of India"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have to admit that dilli is my favourite Indian restaurant in altrincham and I have been coming back here for years - and perhaps because of this the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful - so I can barely recognise it from some of the other reviews on this page! I suppose that if you are used to having a chicken tikka marsala that is running with Ghee that has a certain taste this slightly more healthy option might disappoint, but if you are looking for an Indian meal with all the flavour and half the fat this is the place to come. All the cooking is done behind a glass screen so you can watch the men at work, and the food is delicious - like a fine wine some of the flavours of the freshly ground spices only hit your palate a few minutes after you have savoured your first impression - but none the worse for that.With regards to staff service we have just had so much care and attention I cant thank them enough.
I have attended there cookery class which was very informative.

Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
“Good authentic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited Dilli a couple of weeks ago with my partner and another couple and had a lovely meal. When we walking in at around 8pm on a Saturday evening the restaurant was quite quiet which to me suggested it might not be very good. I needn't have worried.

For starters I went for the tandoori paneer which was really really tasty. My partner and his friend both went for some kind of chicken skewers which they really enjoyed and the other member of our party had a spinach dish which I can't remember the name of! We all enjoyed our starters and they all came with a really lovely green sauce / dip which had quite a kick!!

I decided to go for something a bit different with my main course - I had a keema curry which is slightly drier than your average curry. It was really good and nicely spicy. My partner and his friend again had the same main course which was a chicken curry with a strange name - something like lababa or labarador! It was gorgeous and even though I liked my curry I wish I'd had theirs! The depth of flavour was amazing.

We ordered 2 rice and 2 naan between the 4 of us which was enough as they were very generous with the rice portions.

Service was good and polite and the meal was very reasonably priced.

All in all an enjoyable meal and I would go back if I were out that way again.

cheshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I loved this restaurant when it opened and was disappointed to have such a poor experience last night. The service was friendly enough but the starter came at the same time as the main course and a wrong dish was brought for the main course. Mistakes happen but I was surprised when the waiter argued with me about whose fault it was. I found the food poor with water floating at the bottom of the rice- surely an Indian restaurant should be able to serve rice? I won't be going back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles