“Nice food...when they dont run out if you have a voucher!”
Review of Dilli Restaurant - CLOSED

Dilli Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moved location. Please see http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/7180077 for more information
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice food...when they dont run out if you have a voucher!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My sister and I have eaten here before and can say the food is very good. I bought a livingsocial voucher for £27 which included a bottle of beer and starters and mains.

We were going to the pictures for 7pm so went straight from work and the only two in the restaurant. After a ten minute wait we had to shout for a menu. I had booked under the voucher number and gave the gentleman my voucher when he took are order. You can have any starter but they had ran out of lamb!! This was the start of service on a Thursday evening so running out of sheesh kebabs, in an indian restaurant, somehow I'm not having that! However, we had to settle for something else. The main menu is not extensive and we chose a chicken massaman curry. Very nice and thank goodness they did have chicken! you could choose the rice so asked for pilau but plain arrived but when we queried it he said it was pilau when clearly it wasnt, but he was morre interested in his phone. Also, the offer included two bottled beers yet I clearly saw him pouring us draft.

Wouldnt rush back again to be honest. First experience was good but the second not so. I felt because I had a voucher we didnt get the service or the attention of the first. We eventually left half our meal and walked out and they didnt even come to clear our table or ask was everything all right.

My tip if you are going with a voucher like me is to make sure you order first before displaying your voucher and ask for your drinks to be served in the bottle.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic Indian restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dillis continues to offer excellent, not cheap, Indian food.
Menu changes so there is always a choice, but anyway you are not going to get the
lamb, beef, chicken, veggie option of various curries!
So always a delight.

Manchester
“Excellent selection of unusual dishes”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

(although some of the "unusual dishes" are just variant spellings of familiar foods...)

Really nice to see such a range of vegetarian dishes instead of the Rusholme-style mixed veg, mushrooms or paneer in x-sauce. The food was obviously cooked to order - no sauce from a bain-marie here - and fresh ingredients were used throughout. The spice blends were well balanced, though I would argue that the chilli symbols used in the menu to denote hotter dishes are misplaced; neither the dal or bhindi dishes we had for main course merited the single chilli (on a scale of 0, 1 or 2 chillis) they were marked with in the menu.

Pricier than a Rusholme visit (but significantly better food), and about twice the price of Chennai Dosa in Stretford, but not overpriced.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dubious 'cash only' requests unfortunately overshadowed the food”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Although I would rate the food fairly highly, with some very good dishes, there have been a few incidents with the waiters where we have felt a little uneased and which have spoiled the atmosphere of the evening. Amazingly, one episode consisted of an altercation with a customer where a waiter shouted loudly. Other occasions have been pleasant. Several times we have been asked to pay the entire bill in cash, why??

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent quality food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal with a group of friends. The food was the nicest indian food I have eaten outside India. I had the lamb chops for starter, they were truly delicious and a lamb dish for main course. The staff in helping me choose as there were some dishes on there I had never heard of. Would definitely be going again some time soon.