“GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE AND GREAT ATMOSPHERE”

The George and Dragon
Ranked #68 of 217 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The George and Dragon has a history dating back at least to the eighteenth century when it was a coach staging post. Until the early twentieth century, travel by horse and coach from Manchester to Chester was along this route and an important stop along the way was the George and Dragon coaching inn. Today our welcome is as warm as ever and our delicious pub food is enough to revive even the weariest of travellers. So whether you're visiting Dunham Massey Park & Hall, Altrincham Golf Club or the Trafford Centre, make sure you stop by!
Reviewed April 10, 2016

I have just had a superb meal at the George and Dragon, Table Table restaurant. The food was excellent, the service super and the atmosphere just perfect. The dining room is nice with plenty of semi-intimate tables for two as well as tables set for larger parties. The food I and hubby had was first rate and the menu varied and quite reasonably priced. I can recommend the New Zealand lamb rump which melted in my mouth and the lamb pie hubby had. Previously I have had a beautifully cooked steak and a mouth watering Lasagne. There is a good choice of deserts and the bottle of wine we had was very reasonably priced for restaurant fare.

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

We were staying at a nearby hotel before a flight so came in the George & Dragon for a few beers and food. The pub has good smart decor and is very spacious. Beer was good, both our meals where nice and the service was good too.

1  Thank Steven O
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Went with my 4 sisters for a birthday lunch and wasn't overly impressed. Waitress got our orders wrong and got cross when we complained blaming stress and understaffing issues. Not our problem I'm afraid and not happy that she took out her frustrations on us. Another waitress tried to rectify the problem by waving a drink from the bill. Hey ho, we all have those days. Will go again but only cos it's my local and don't need to drive. Food not bad though.

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Just had a meal. Lovely Food with quick service. Staff very friendly. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

Four of us booked in here for an overnighter, prior to going elsewhere on the Saturday morning. We decided to return later in the evening for dinner and took up the excellent meal deal offer, including breakfast. We had a cracking evening meal/drinks, delightfully looked after by Ryan throughout. After a great night's sleep we enjoyed a tremendous breakfast, looked after by Nicole, who did a sterling job with all the other guests. The breakfast selection is worthy of special praise and is excellent value for money. I also have to mention the help given by Elewina on the front desk - thanks to you all for such a pleasant stay, and well done Premier Inns - those beds are terrific!!

1  Thank Jon C