“Great Sunday lunches again”
Review of The Gardeners Arms

The Gardeners Arms
Ranked #32 of 216 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A great local with real ale and fresh homemade food. Pub grub done to its highest standard with locally sourced ingredients suitable for all the family
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Just had the new Sunday lunch at the Gardeners I have to say it was excellent I had the roast beef with proper gravy nice crispy potatoes and properly cooked veg not the usual half cooked half raw stuff that seems the fashion these days. My lady had the Turkey which she said was excellent as well. This coupled with a very well kept pint of Theakstons and the Sunday papers rounded of a perfect day

Reviewed August 4, 2017

After a shaky start with some very poor chefs, the new Landlord, Steve, has now taken over the kitchen and is brilliant! The Gardeners is back to its previous best. Food is home cooked to order, nothing microwaved, and the freshly cooked chips are to die for!
The menu is very good, with a separate and more extensive "after 5" evening selection and a very good specials board. The Sunday lunch is wonderful and beautifully presented. Add all this to fabulous owners and equally fabulous staff and you have a recipe for success.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I suppose I should've followed my usual rule and not bothered when it was so quiet but it was Father's Day and hadn't booked anywhere.

We were greeted by a friendly team and it was all very easy going no no problems there, we couldn't really expect anymore.

We both ordered (straight to main course) Sunday roast beef. It came in good time so no excessive wait however it was extremely quiet so not surprised. That's when it went wrong it was barely warm so I advised the lovely young lady. She asked if both are cold and I said yes but he's prepared to eat his I'm not. Her reaction was great, very apologetic and she did say I'll get both replaced. Our meals were replaced again with a great and apologetic attitude. The replacement although hotter was pretty poor and although our waitress did say let me know if it's still not ok we just got on and ate a very substandard meal. The roast potatoes was probably left over from last week they appeared to have been reheated several times. No point complaining hardly got the time to have fresh roasts made.

I certainly won't be eating there again but ok for a drink and a friendly smile.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

I love this pub and keep coming every weekend! The staff are so friendly and the food is amazing!!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2017

Just come home from our favourite eatery having had a stunning bar-b-q. Oak smoked chicken and ribs, together with a fab and very tasty pork chilli and rice. Great new managers who are relaxed and friendly. Call in for some delicious grub and great hospitality. You won't be disappointed! Keep up the good work, guys!