“Bad service, worse food!”
Review of The Unicorn

The Unicorn
Ranked #77 of 191 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been here twice in the last month, the second time I thought I would give it another go in case they were having a bad day. Wrong, it was worse.
1st time I went there I ordered rump steak with a side of peppercorn sauce and scampi which comes with tartar sauce. I wanted the steak medium rare, it was well done. The tartar sauce didn't come. My friends peppercorn sauce tasted vinigary, which tainted the whole meal.
2nd time I went the staff were rude, more interested in serving the regulars than anyone else. Not listening to orders and getting them wrong. This time I ordered the chilli dog. This comes with chips and onion rings. The onion rings were disgusting, I have never tasted anything like it before, they were mushy and sweet, really sweet. The bread on the hot dog was solid, stale and burned where it had been left under the grill too long.
I can honestly say I wont be going back again. Approach with caution.

1  Thank Lucy D

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Wetherspoon's never disappoints and this one is no exception. It's perfect for a quick lunch time meal and a pint of their guest ale. Service is fast and efficent plus there's more than enough to choose from on the menu. Never let it be said that these pub chains don't care about their customers.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Ordered 14oz angus. Was cooked exactly to my liking. Abbot ale, as good as I had anywhere to! I was served by the manager (I think) Lisa very helpful. As I was staying at the Travel Inn just cross the road I came back the next day for breakfast had I found out you get free re-fills on there fillter coffee!! Never been in a wetherspoon before don't no what ive been missing. The bar as been set very high after coming here hope the one in Crewe is as good. Well done to everyone in The Unicorn.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

At £5.10 fish, chips, mushy peas, tartar sauce and a soft drink is good value food.
Bearing in mind that the cod is line caught and from a sustainable source and that it took less than 10 minutes to arrive on our table. I'm not giving a 5 star rating for quality of food but for a combination of good food, good service and value for money. It does what it says on the tin!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

first timer,I now understand why my student daughter likes going.Great value,mixed crowd,pleasant service