“Visiting sister for belated birthday treat meal and drinks.”
Review of Bulls Head

Bulls Head
Ranked #53 of 217 Restaurants in Altrincham
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Went to Bulls Head Hale Barns on Friday 25th Aug 2017. Arrived 6pm left 11.3pm. I can only say that our experience was absolutely wonderful. We sat outside at the rear of the building under cover with twinklingerie lighting a lovely atmosphere and ambience was created and you felt completely relaxed. I had my little dog with me too and he was fussed and given a bowl of water it was fabulous. The service was splendid our waitress named April could not do enough for us and she went in and out the main building all night long with a smile she was a lovely helpful young lady who made us feel more than welcome in every way. The food was absolutely gorgeous we hado scampi for a change and I highly recommend you give it a try too its fabulbous along with the Bulls Head triple fried chunky chips (wow) fabulous and beer dipped crispy onion rings we couldn't ask for better food follow it will amazing sticky toffee pud and you feel spoiled in this wonderful chilled out setting with first rate food and drinks. They can't do enough for you andon't your visit willoyds be made special. Thank you to all the staff at the fabulous Bulls head we will be back for more.

Management response:Responded August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback & tell us about your experience here at The Bulls Head.
We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit.
We will be sure to share your comments with April. April is an asset to our hard working team.
We are the ideal venue to relax & unwind with family/friends whilst enjoying quality food/drink. Our large beer garden is perfect for children & pets wanting to burn off some excess energy. Our garden terrace is the perfect spot on warm summers days.
We hope that you will share your experience with family/friends.
Don't forget to keep an eye on our website & social media pages for future offers & menu changes.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I booked the function room for my 50th complete with annex and decking area, which was brilliant with the sun shining.

Donna and John and their team were first class right through from start to end with brilliant service, patience with me whilst I organised and attentive on the day.

Food was excellently cooked, piping hot and went down a storm with our whole party. Great night! Thanks to all at the Bulls Head for helping make it!!

Management response:Responded August 31, 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your 50th birthday here with us. Our function room is a perfect choice to help celebrate special occasions.
We will make sure we pass on your comments to our Duty Manager's John & Donna & the rest of the team. Our team work hard to ensure that all functions run smoothly & efficiently.
We hope that you will share your experience with family/friends.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Over the years, my family has spent thousands of pounds at the Bull's Head between putting up visitors and countless meals at the pub. My family and I had a meal at the pub this evening to see off a friend going on her travels which was so disappointing we won't be going back. For starters we were not allowed to sit in a bright and airy part of the pub because there was only one waitress on the floor. We were offered a dark part of the pub or a table by the window in a brighter place but which ended up being cramped. Service was very slow. I ordered asparagus salad for £11 expecting a nice big salad bowl only to be presented with a flat small salad plate with a few lettuce leaves, four thin pieces of asparagus, some tomato, and one poached egg. In most restaurants, this would have been a starter for £5-6 at that size. When I queried it, I was asked if I'd like a few more lettuce leaves. I left hungry. My husband ordered a portion of chips which was a very small portion in a small bowl which cost £4. The burgers were undercooked and at £13 way too expensive. Everything we ordered was a bit too expensive for what it was. Shame as it's been a favourite in the past.

1  Thank B6594NHjacquelinec
Management response:Responded August 21, 2017

We really do value all of our customer's feedback & we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit.
We strive on making every customer visit both enjoyable & memorable. On this occasion, it seems that this was not achieved.
We will certainly share your comments with our team & chefs. Your feedback on food portion's & quality will also be shared with Robinson's Brewery. We review all of our products on a regular basis to ensure that we have the best products available at the correct prices.
We can only apologise for us not meeting your expectations on this particular day. We would be happy to discuss your concerns directly. Trevor, our General Manager can be contacted on 0161 903 1300
Thank you for your time & custom.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We visited the bulls head with 4 generations of my family including my 8 month old. The waitresses Imogen and her colleague were really attentive throughout, even to the extent of tongue in cheek offering to babysit. Food was probably 7 out of ten but for good value for money. Will return again.

Management response:Responded August 21, 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal & we will make sure we pass on your comments to our staff & our chefs.
Imogen is a credit to our hard working team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Good food in a very nice and characteristic house. Nice people serving and possibility also for veggies to have a meal. Nice to spend there some hours together with friends (we were in the close hotel Best Western)

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon