“A great lunch place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have not eaten dinner here, yet, but the lunch we had was fabulous. Apart from regular italian dishes, they serve a range of smaller tapas style meals for sharing. Its a great idea, and the choice was excellent. We sat outside, in the sun which definitely helped. The service was very friendly and helpful.We will certainly lunch again here, and will definitely try it for dinner.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I visited La Piazza for a light lunch with a friend who was staying in Altrincham. We were greeted upon arrival and shown to a window table looking out onto Goose Green.
After ordering a glass of Melot and a Peroni, we enjoyed a pizza and creamy chicken dish with a large side of mixed vegetables.
The service was very attentive, efficient and polite.
We enjoyed our time there and never felt rushed. We will return again in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I came here on a quiet Monday evening looking for something to eat that I didn't have to cook myself after a busy day! My husband and I were seated by a polite waitress, Ruth. We ordered mussels, spaghetti and sauce and the king prawn linguine.

I didn't have to wait for very long. The portion size was just right for me as in some places I can find them over empowering.

Good amount of prawns and a big bowl of mussels for a realistic reasonable price. It is what it is and no bells and whistles. But by god was the food so tasty! You can't put a price on that! We then had to finish off with pudding!

Needless to say I recommended my work colleagues to have lunch here the following day. I then followed suit in the same week and had a pizza. Again just the right size for lunch and a great price. So glad they added the extra 3 inches and not a price rise! Tasty base sauce.

I'm hoping to come here again with friends for my birthday.

Would I recommend this place? I definately think so!

1  Thank Mareyam S
Reviewed June 17, 2013

if you fondly remember a simpler time of microwaved garlic bread and spaghetti with red sauce served on gingham tablecloths against pictures of Vesuvius then this is the place for you.

The restaurant looks as all italians looked in the 70's and 80's, the only thing missing is the straw covered chianti bottle with a candle in.

the food is edible (asparagus, courgettes, chicken were all OK) and with some exceptions not actively unpleasant, a feat in itself given the tiny kitchen. The mushrooms diavola were appaling, possibly the worst thing i've eaten this year, and should be avoided and the ribs were also pretty nasty. the Pizza served on red plates looked like it came from a childrens menu.

on the plus side the staff are very welcoming and service is extremely attentive. Perhaps a little too prescriptive as the waitress seemed to think italian cuisine was exotic and unheard of and went to great lengths to explain every item on the menu.

I wouldnt recommend it for food and i wouldnt return but its certainly a nostalgic experience with friends as (I hope) La Piazza doesnt take itself too seriously.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been to La Piazza several times recently and can only say that it is a welcome addition for lunchtime dining in Altrincham.

Knowing that the dishes are smaller in size means it is easier to be rather more adventurous in one's choices when dining with friends.

All the staff are friendly and helpful and open to suggestions about dishes as well.

We will definitely make this a regular lunchtime venue.

1  Thank Graham1944Altrincham