“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bloom Live - CLOSED

Bloom Live
Cuisines: French, American, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Bloom Live is a live music venue with live music 7 days a week, a restaurant now serving an authentic American Grill Menu and a fabulous bar, always focussing on helping people have a good time!They offer quickly available sandwiches and salads for lunchtime, bespoke burgers and steaks, sharing plates and quirky side orders; simple, affordable and tasty food available all day with relaxed evening dining to compliment the atmosphere and live music.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Moved to the area mid last year and didn't know where to go. Went out for a walk one night and ended up in Bloom - what an experience! Smartly presented staff and good music (not current chart). The house band seems to play under a number of names and they're well worth seeing. Went for food once (new brasserie menu) and it was lovely but wouldn't be worth the full price (we paid half price on the first promotional week). Steak was cooked as I asked and the halloumi starter was a treat.

As far as food goes I originally went for the amazing looking burgers etc advertised and think that would be more suiting to the weekday clientelle (not that I'm an expert, but I'd go to Hale if I wanted 'that' kind of brasserie food). I was quite disappointed when the menu changed - friends have agreed.

Definitely worth a visit. Was very disappointed when it was closed for New Year's Eve!

Visited August 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Christmas meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a romantic meal with my wife and was seriously disappointed.
It is overpriced and the quality of the food is distinctly average, not to mention the starter took over an hour to arrive, only for it to come stone cold.
The main was no better and came with a hair on my wife's plate which she definitely didn't order!
The whole thing was a disappointment and we also found the staff as cold as the food.
We hoped the music would cheer us up but that too was amateurish.
This place could be good but whoever is in charge it would seem has no idea what they are doing.
If you want to enjoy your evening and spend your hard earned money wisely I would suggest you avoid this place at all costs!!

3 Thank Joelb1234
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Christmas Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Last friday our group of 20 enjoyed amazing Christmas dinner.Restaurant was very busy at the time when we sat to table but our food arrived quick, warm and lovely presented. Thank you Bloom live for a great time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Christmas night out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We booked Bloom Live for our christmas night out as it was local & I had heard some good reviews. So I was somewhat dissappointed with the standard of the food. Within our party we had ordered various dishes from the set menu. Each one dissappointed. The pigeon starter was overcooked & dry, the soup was bland & thin. The main dish of turkey dinner was average with hard broccoli. The desserts were equally dissappointing. Cheesecake had no taste & had a rather strange grainy texture, the xmas pud was very chewy & the apple crumble was not sweetned enough & cold. We complained to the waitress who tried to get our bill reduced but was told that as we hadn't mentioned anything sooner we couldn't have a reduction in our bill. We were then offered a bottle of wine ( bearing in mind there was 9 of us!!) so I pushed for two. We were given a rather dissapointing, cheap prosecco, which in the end we didn't drink!! When I asked to settle the bill, it was brought to the table & included a service charge of £24.00!! I questioned this as we had paid a set price for a Christmas do - there was no mention on the website of service charges, & no mention when we booked. I asked that it be removed as we had had a very poor meal. it was then taken of the bill. I do need to say however the service, generally was good and presentation was also good, it just failed to live up to our expections for £27.00.

3 Thank TriciaB587
Hale, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Rude bar staff, full of 'chavs', miserable doorman, badly designed bar area, these were just our first impressions. We stayed to listen to the band but this was equally disappointing. Don't bother.

2 Thank Andrew H