“Warm welcome”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Got the year off to a flying start with a fantastic meal at this great restaurant. We went on New years day as a family group and received a warm welcome from the staff. Everyone enjoyed superb food , from the oldest family member to the youngest. Thankyou for making it a great time for us all. Would highly recommend this lovely restaurant

1  Thank Nessy007

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Ishta is an Indian food restaurant. We have been there numerous times in the evenings. The staff there are very friendly and courteous. The food is amazing, and varied in dishes. The prices are in line with other local Asian restaurants but don't charge a service charge like the Dilli does. I prefer no service charge, we tip if a restaurant deserves it, and the Ishta certainly does deserve it :) I recommend this to anybody who enjoys a good curry. We will always go back there, it's the only Indian restaurant we use now to dine in at, in fact. If you are in Altrincham, and fancy a curry, Ishta is the place !

3  Thank Mrs-L-C999
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Having been to a massive list of Indian restaurants in the salford/Manchester area, I have to say that Ishta is within my top 5.

I originally came as part of a livingsocial deal, and what an absolute bargain that was! Whenever I go to Indian I always try the mixed meat starter, for me this is the perfect indication of whether the meat is any good or not. I didn't have anything bad to say about it, all of it was lovely.

As for the main, i had a north Indian Garlic Chilli chicken (I'm usually a Vindaloo guy but felt like a change) andmy god what a taste! It was ffantastic, the icing on the cake was the peshwari naan which not only contains loads of coconutty goodness inside, but they drizzled it with golden syrup! It was amazing. I do the same on any takeaway peshwari naan I now have.

The service was great, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

I'd recommend any one to try here

2  Thank Audioe
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here with my parents as they were visiting. This was our first time and we will definitely be returning. The food was great, but what really made the evening was the service. Really lovely approach by the waiters. Not too much and not too little. Recommendations were given. They even offered my mum a chance to try her dish and if she didn't like it she could change it. £85 for the 4 of us, with a bottle of wine, poppadums, starters and four mains! Great value! Thank you!

1  Thank hannahwells27
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to the restaurant quite early and was probably the first through the door that evening. Friendly welcome as usual and any table in the house was up for offer. I ordered the papadoms and chutney, onion bhaji, vegetable biryani and a paratha. The onion bhaji was excellent with a small portion of fresh salad. On the night the biryani and vegetable sauce were not hot enough (temperature wise), so everything was rather luke warm. The paratha had seen better days as well and I got the impression that it wasn't all that fresh. By the time I left the restaurant was getting full, so it must have a good reputation in general.

1  Thank llyryo