“Simply a rip-off”

Silver Blades Ice Rink
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Altrincham
Reviewed December 27, 2013

£35 for a family of 4 even with a £5 off voucher!!! HOW MUCH???!!!
We have our own skates, but no discount for that...
I think the price for a family of 4 is crazy. I was told that I could have saved £6 had I joined their 'ice card' scheme. Apparently it's free to join, but they don't let you sign up at the rink, so they just fleece you for an extra £6 and it's 'better luck next time'!

Looking at the 'ice card' scheme, it also leaves a bad taste in the mouth. As of December 2013 they have simply raised their already high prices by a further £1.50 per head and then this is 'discounted' back to what we would have paid prior to December if we'd had a card...

So the benefit of our £5 voucher was wiped out because we failed to register an ice card prior to our visit and so we're penalised to the tune of £6...

Every time I've been to this place, I come away feeling I've been financially abused. It's great having a rink nearby, but these prices are ridiculous.

I would love to take my kids more regularly, but at £35 a pop, it's just not realistic.

Deeside Leisure centre near Chester have a family ticket for £18.60. Come on Altrincham - give families a break and offer a more reasonable deal!

3  Thank B C

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well worth a visit. The facilities are excellent. Try to avoid peak times as it could be quite crowded. My grandchildren love it.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! Had an amazing time ice skating bringing back memories off when I used to go when I was younger! Helping my niece along! She didn't want to leave!!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Straight forward slightly run down ice rink. Main issue was all the scales hanging around outside at the time. Frightened our kid swho won't go back, depriving us of a future olympic ice skater.

1  Thank mike682
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A day out with a difference, somewhere which is not affected by the weather where all the family can have a go or just watch. No matter how you skate there is something for everyone to enjoy

1  Thank Steve N