“Lovely hotel and staff”

Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Lovely hot shower even at 230 in the morning. No problem with parking once we found entrance. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bar nice. Perfect for airport. Would definately use again for airport.

• Stayed: September 2013
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for the kind comments in your recent review. I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. I will ensure that the staff are aware of your praise.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you fly from Manchester.

Paul Hindley

There are newer reviews for Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My friend and I recently visited a Comedy night on a Friday at the Hotel which was fantastic and stayed overnight as a guest in the accommodation.
The room was clean and modern with good facilities and a reasonable price.
My only complaint was that we were woken up early the next morning (8am) by workmen hammering away due to the refurbishment taking the place. We contacted reception and the noise stopped but the damage was done and we could not get back to sleep and as a result felt tired all day :-(
I think the management need to consider their guests more and ensure that no building work commences any earlier than 10am on a weekend.

Room Tip: I always choose a room at the end of a corridor away from the lift as they tend to be more peaceful...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Cresta Court. I am pleased to hear that the Comedy Club was a success for you and that the room was to your satisfaction.

My apologies that you were disturbed so early in the morning. I have spoken to our contractors and hope to resolve this issue for other guests.

I hope that this does not deter you from returning to an event and staying in one of our refurbished rooms in the near future.

Paul HIndley

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel was well placed for an early departure for the airport and the room, although small, was very comfortable. However having pre-booked a package which included up to 8 nights parking at the hotel we were alarmed upon arrival for find the entire car park full. Reception advised that there was a big wedding on and that we should maybe park down the road and check later on. She also advised that they could not guarantee a parking space any way!!!! Quite what happens to any poor soul who has a plane to catch eludes me. Yes we did find a space-eventually!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that you found your stay comfortable.
Unfortunatley we do from time to time find our car parking at capacity. We would however make sure that you were not left in a situation with nowhere to park if you had to leave for the airport.
I hope to welcome you back the next time you fly from Manchester.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Thinking about holding a function in this hotel so decided to stay for the weekend together with a group of friends. Hotel easy to find and plenty of parking space. Reception and booking in was very easy and staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is currently being refurbished and you can see the difference. They are making a good job of the refurbishment. Will be great when finished.

Looking forward to working with this hotel on the functions I intend running.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with the refurbishment.
The reception and lounge bar look fantastic and we are now in the second phase of bedrooms.
The team and I also look forward to working with you on the functions you intend running. Please contact Briony and her team should you require any further help.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the 10th September for business and was quite disappointed. Check in was fine and the the staff were friendly. Allocated a room on the 3rd floor, only to find that the room was down a corridor where every other room was being refurbished (even the builders/decorators who were working up there were surprised we were there!). The whole floor smelt of paint fumes and the corridor was dirty and dusty. I know the hotel is mid refurbishment, but surely they should close off certain areas rather than allocating rooms amongst the chaos.

My room was basic and lacked any sort of homely feel. No lampshades on the lights, no phone, no alarm clock and in serious need of the much anticipated refurbishment. TV Remote didn't work, but a quick trip to reception solved that. I was told that the workmen wouldn't start work until 9am the next morning, but they were there by 8. Unfortunately the bed wasn't comfortable so I spent most of the night wide awake.

It's a real shame as the place has so much potential, and yet it is let down in many areas. I'm due back in the area in a few weeks, and am looking for somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin186298

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We do try where possible to allocate rooms away from the refurbishment works and we do curtail their hours of work.

We are delighted to have in excess of 20 refurbished rooms now and I am sorry that you were allocated one of the older style rooms. The comments you made only strengthens our resolve to ensure that all of our rooms are of the new refurbished standard. I do hope you do decide to return in a few weeks, please ask for a refurbished room and although numbers are limited, we will try to accommodate your request.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Parking here is not easy, the car park is too small and badly laid out.
Check in was easy enough though and the staff were incredibly friendly, smiley and helpful.
The rooms though -oh my gosh! Very basic, incredibly basic. They look like they were furnished very cheaply in the 1970s with chipboard furniture and nothing has been changed since then. The bed was not particularly comfortable, and the rooms were very hot.

The bar downstairs was quite grimy and the selection of drinks was pretty poor (Only 1 white wine and 1 red). I felt like I needed to disinfect the glass before I used it.
This hotel needs some major investment, refurbishment and cleaning. All of which is such a shame, because the staff I met were all lovely.

I would certainly not stay here again, there are plenty of other choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review. It is unfortunate that you had stayed in July and not completed your review until September as the basic 1970s rooms are becoming a thing of the past. The first phase of room refurbishments are now complete and the “grimy” bar has now completely changed. We have also reviewed our selection of drinks and offer a much better range.

I would be delighted if you would visit us again where you will find the décor now is in keeping with our incredibly friendly, smiley helpful staff you mentioned.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

just stayed for one night with the dog hotel very clean but a bit tired but is being refurbished staff very good and helpful nice park less than 5 mins away to walk the dog beds are comfortable with nice sheets pillows a bit hard but at £45 anight verry good vale

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be in a good location and very good value. We look forward to welcoming you…. and the dog back in the near future.

Paul Hindley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel? Share your experiences!