“A good idea to book for a night if you have a flight”

Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very simple but a reasonable price. I stayed the night before a flight but didn't realise that booking on line didn't give me the courtesy bus to airport. I would book with the hotel directly next time.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall your experience matched your expectations. I hope that the next time you fly from Manchester you find that our refurbishment will provide much more that simple accommodation.

Paul Hindley

There are newer reviews for Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were booked into this hotel for 2 nights as part of a weekend coach trip. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the reception area, it was clean and welcoming, as were the staff.
Our bedroom was up on the third floor of the hotel, and again, we found this to be clean and well equipped. The room was extremely warm however, but a fan had been supplied and we were able to have the windows wide open.
The evening meal on the first night was seriously lacking any imagination. We had a set time to have our meal, as we were a party of about 50 people. There was a choice of starter, which was really ncie. The main meal however, was awful, very anaemic looking chicken pie, cottage pie, or a vegetarian option. I had the veggie meal which was okay. There were no vegetables on offer, and when asked about why this was, the staff seemed quite shocked and surprised that we would even consider having veg with our meals??? Our tour manager had a word and the next evening, veg were on the menu, some rough carrots and swede were plonked on our plates.
Breakfast on both mornings was lovely though, with lots of choice on offer and plenty of it.
If we returned to this area, I don't think we'd stay here again, as there must be nicer hotels within the area. Apparently, the hotel will be undergoing further refurbishment within the next few weeks, and I hope this includes some of the kitchen staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the welcome and the room to be clean and welcoming, despite the heat over that weekend.

I am disappointed to hear that the evening meal on the first night was not of a standard but I am pleased to hear that this was rectified on the second night. I am delighted that breakfast was lovely and that despite the numbers in your party there was plenty of choice.

I do hope that you do decide to return and sample one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were visiting Manchester. We drove from Oxfordshire and we were glad that the hotel has such a good car park with plenty of spaces. The area surrounding Altrincham is beautiful with lovely houses, tree-lined roads and huge grassy fields.
We were checked in quickly and went up to our room on the 2nd floor. It is quite an old hotel with narrow corridors. I could see into some other rooms as they were being cleaned and some were much larger than others depending on what end of the hotel your room was.
Our room was in the middle of the corridor which meant it was small. We had a large window which was nice, overlooking a back entrance and some of the car park.
The bed was ok, it's a little old fashioned and does need modernising.You are given the basic toiletries in the bathroom and we had tea making facilities in the room which is good. There was no safe.
The breakfast was an additional cost, it was ok. Next time I would eat in the city.
The hotel is about 7 minute walk from the bus station and metro which we used everyday.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room on the corner
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Cresta Court hotel. The hotel is indeed being “modernised” and this summer will benefit from a full refurbishment programme that includes the bedrooms, the reception and lounge bar.

We are able to offer several different rates and can accommodate an inclusive bed & breakfast rate, please ask at the time of booking.

I am so pleased that you were able to make use of the Metro system. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel two days before my arrival and was impressed by the service and attention I received from reception and reservations. I stayed for one night and received a warm and friendly welcome from reception on arrival.

I asked the receptionist later that evening how long it would take to walk to a particular place and was advised 15 minutes. In actual fact the next day it took 10 minutes by car. Improved local knowledge by front of house staff perhaps?

I was pleased to be offered an upgrade to my room and was given room 110. The room was very spacious which was appreciated. However from there the remainder of my stay was disappointing. On the hottest week of the year, the heat in the room was over bearing. In view of this being an "executive" room I was surprised to find that there was no air conditioning in the room and even more so to find that there was no desk fan. I contacted reception and arranged for one to be delivered. Secondly there was no iron or ironing board which I asked reception to arrange and this was duly delivered by housekeeping. In an executive room I think these two items should be already in the room. The hospitality tray was poorly stocked with no biscuits, hot chocolate or fruit teas. In addition in "executive" style rooms the provision of a safe in the room would be appreciated by many.

The standard of décor was satisfactory although in such a large room it lacked any sense of homeliness. One of the windows in the bedroom didn't open or shut properly. Do housekeeping check rooms in this hotel for defects? The room was also quite dusty and the general standard of cleanliness was at best average. A larger quantity of toiletries in a double room should be considered, there was one small container of shower gel and shampoo! I sensed that this hotel was looking to cut costs at every possible opportunity and in doing so have impacted on levels of service.The quality of sleep in the room was good and the bed was comfortable.

Also of note on arrival at 1300, in the foyer, near the gents toilet was the debris from some maintenance work. A vacuum cleaner was visible nearby but it wasn't until later that evening that anybody had actually cleared and cleaned the area. First impressions apparently not a concern? Does this hotel have a housekeeper or duty manager to ensure quality and standards are implemented??

I then went to the restaurant to look at the dinner menu. The dishes were very uninspiring and as a result of the lack of inspiration I ate outside the hotel. My decision was well made when I came to take breakfast. The selection of cereals was poor with a sub standard muesli; only one fruit juice, orange; a cold meat plate with some inferior quality ham and cheese wedges, tinned grapefruit and prunes with the only fresh fruit available being oranges. The cooked breakfast was uninspiring and I chose scrambled eggs and bacon. There were no menus on the table explaining that alternatives were available. Finally to have to cook your own toast in a 3* hotel is more akin to a youth hostel. I sense it won't be too much longer before this hotel considers employing no staff to serve breakfast and you even make your own tea and coffee.

The general attire of the food and beverage staff was poor with numerous waiting staff walking round the hotel looking untidily dressed and an apparent lack of sense of fun. No management were visibly present during my stay offering hospitality.

In summary, what was initially a well handled enquiry by telephone resulted in a disappointing stay at a second rate hotel. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Roll a dice
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

All of our reviews are important and I do ensure that my senior management team discuss and act upon the comments made in order to continually improve the service and standards we offer our guest.

Thank you for highlighting the areas where you feel we did not meet standards, I will make certain that each of these issues are addressed.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent one night in this hotel, on a business trip. We chose this hotel due to the proximity to the Manchester airport.
We found an efficient check-in and check-out and a well-working wireless internet connection. The rooms were quite clean, but a bit small.
I found the interior a bit old-fashioned.
For some travellers the hotel might be a bit far away from any center (e.g. Manchester city center).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that the location suited you and that the reception staff were efficient.

The hotel is to be the subject of a major renovation over the next few months which will include the reception, bar and bedrooms. I am confident that on your next visit you will find that our décor is far from old-fashioned.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

i had my wedding reception here on 1st june 2013.i couldnt fault it.all the staff was helpful.the food was excellent .we had our reception in the burlington suite was excellent.we had plenty of guests staying at the hotel and each one enjoyed and complimented how nice it was.it was lovely and clean and food and service was excellent .the rooms was spacious and clean i couldnt find fault with it.a big thank you to adele and she made us all welcome and made sure everything went well .she helped a lot ,thanx adele,if u want a real nice wedding venue book cresta court hotel its fab. pete and joanne hewart

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Pete & Joanne

Thank you for your recent review. It was a pleasure to host such a special event for you and I am pleased that your day was a success. I have passed your kind comments onto both Adele and the team. They join me in wishing you “all the best” for your future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night in July 2013.

The hotel is well located and easy to find, with a decent amount of free parking, although spaces are quite tight for larger cars and by 8pm there were few spaces left.

The condition of the hotel is OK, its probably been a few years since its last refurb. Lobby area is nice enough, as is the bar area and other public areas. The room I stayed in was reasonable, shower room was a little musty, but the bed was comfortable and curtains kept the light out.

Food - not great unfortunately. I ate from the bar menu however the food is cooked in the same kitchen as the restaurant, but the meal I had was only warm, and overcooked. Service was so slow I left before dessert, indeed the people on the table next to me waited so long they got free drinks as an apology.

Overall some good and some bad, making my opinion of the hotel "Average".

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I would like to apologise for your experience with the food in the bar area. I am disappointed that we failed to deliver both on the quality of the meal and the speed of service.
During the refurbishment of Townfields bar starting in the next two weeks, retraining of the staff and restructuring of the service style will ensure that on your return visit we will be able to provide you with a much improved standard of service.

Paul Hindley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel? Share your experiences!